TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through March 05, 2024 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

what it does mean is I can answer the door without make-up. LOL

Hahahah, that is the first thing I thought of as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Well, there was a request for daycare for Aurora for today! It came in the middle of the night. Looks like Mr. H. will be bringing Aurora this afternoon and she's staying until 10:30 PM. I wonder if it's a date this time.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
How long do you wait til you respond to his request?

You should make him wait a bit every once in awhile to let him wonder.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I respond to everyone usually within 30 minutes. But you would be surprised how many people send requests in the middle of the night. In that case I wait until morning. I don't like to wait at all for new clients because it's too easy for them to go ahead and look for someone else. That has happened to me. By the time I opened the request, there's a company message that the client has already booked with someone else.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, you are running a business. No need to play games.

I hope you get a second negative. And that you feel better!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN my apologies for my post. I will refrain from posting in here about Mr. H once again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Grooch, there was no offense! Please keep posting here. You know I love your responses!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Were there new dogs in your three messages? I imagine the repeat dogs are nice since you don't have to repeat the meet and greet session.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yes, all 3 new dogs, and then Mr. H, the 4th, sent his too late and I didn't respond to him until this morning.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Grooch! Nothing to apologize for! We are all friends here!

Naja, I'm so glad this dog sitting thing is working out for you! Any luck on a new roommate?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope you feel better for the meet and greets.. and that you get some sweet and interesting pups.. or maybe even ones that sleep a lot?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN No luck with roommates :-( But Yolanda plans on staying at least through summer, and as long as the dog business keeps at this pace, I'll be ok. I need to make it 1 year and 4 months and then I can breathe a bit when I get DDHs SS.

Yolanda's friend with Sonic wants to come in June after her mother is recovered from surgery and moved to a care facility. So that may happen.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I'm glad to hear you are doing ok, but it would be nice to have some breathing room now. I hope if you don't find someone else, the June friend works out!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Whoah, Mr. H just scared me. He came to the door with Aurora, and when I went to take Aurora's leash from him, he said in kind of a sad voice "Can I come in a minute?".

I couldn't imagine what it could be. I said "Of course!" and he came in the entry way.

Then he says "I am so sorry, but usually it prompts me to tip you, but it hasn't this couple last times. I am so sorry." Yes, he said sorry twice.

And he hands me $50! I told him how much it helps. Then I told him if he doesn't go on more dates, how will I ever get my chipped tooth fixed? We both laughed. Then he left.

He's so friggin nice.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My Mom thinks I'm burning the candle at both ends so she sent me a blood pressure monitor

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think you are building a business that suits you and your strengths and pretty clearly your human and canine customers are benefitting and are appreciative, plus you now have a renter you like who might bring subsequent renters.

Doesn't hurt to monitor blood pressure 😎

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can I please co-sign Sea's lovely post. 😉

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Aww! Thanks. I do feel pretty lucky to have found ways to survive without having to leave my dogs home alone 40+ hours a week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lucky, maybe, but you were smart and have worked hard.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Didn't someone write that luck if 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration? You pulled up your socks and went to work! Your client are fortunate to have found a caring and competant caregiver for their furbabies!!!

I am going on record to say that I don't care if Mr. H can't "carry a tune in a bucket" as we say down here, he is a nice guy!! They are not that thick on the ground! HELP! I am full of "Southernisms tonight!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, March 03, 2024 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Gracious sakes - where is everyone?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2024 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi 👋

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 04, 2024 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I'm here. I took advantage of no guest dogs here yesterday to just relax. I actually don't have any here until Thursday when when my favorite boy boxer Kacey comes to stay for 4 days. I call him The Slobber Monster. If you let him watch you eat, he bubbles out a trail of slobber you wouldn't believe.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The government has seen fit to help me a little. On a whim, I applied for SNAP online. It's a cute way of saying "Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program". I had to send them photos of my picture ID, birth certificate, and a couple other things. To my surprise, I got a letter in the mail last week to call a certain number between 6AM and 5:30PM Mon-Fri for a SNAP interview within 2 weeks or I am automatically declined.

I debated with myself about calling because #1, I'm not starving, #2 I don't have any dependents but myself. So I figured I just didn't qualify. I didn't even bother to look it up because I was pretty sure I didn't qualify.

So I was feeling a bit courageous this morning and thought all they can do is say no. No harm done.

So I called at 6:30 AM and I was #78 on hold. By 8AM I was 38 on hold. They got to me at 8:30.

The lady was so kind. She asked me to send her photos of certain parts of my latest text return, and she was able to get them right away while we were on the phone. I had to answer about 20 or 30 questions, and the next thing I know, she said my SNAP card will be at my house in 3-10 days!

I couldn't believe it. My first month I will actually get because $496 they prorated Feb from the date I applied and added it to March. Then on the 11th of every month after that I'll get $291.

So not only did I qualify, I qualified for the max amount.

I still can't believe it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, that's great Naja!