TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through February 18, 2024 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN You know, he's so darn handsome. But the other day I was at the grocery store, and there was this guy at the checkout ahead of me, and he was smiling and being friendly to everyone. He turned and said something funny to me as if we shared the same inside joke. It was fun being in line with him there. And I thought to myself "That's what I want when I'm ready to date again. Someone fun. I don't care about handsome anymore."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sounds reasonable.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I suspect Mr. H just doesn't remember how to go about being casually friendly - like you want in a lunch date, etc.

Remember what day and time you shopped so you can run into the guy again!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN haha! I didn't mean I want that guy. I mean just that I would like that quality in someone.

RN My very first tenant stopped by with her husband and baby for a couple hour visit. The traveling pharmacist. She was on her way to visit her sister in Iowa. I miss her so much. She was an awesome tenant. She said she keeps checking for jobs around here, but lately there aren't any. Right now she's at a Hospital in Texas for a few more months.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Obviously there are happy memories on her side too!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My latest check-out story happened just before Christas at WalMart. I was behind a couple with two buggies full of purchases. The lady apologised to me for how long they were taking, and I said I wished I had that many family and friends to buy for. I saw him put money on the counter as they left and thought how nice that he had tipped the young lady that had helped them. When I went to put mycard in the machine, she stopped me and handed me money! The guy had covered all my purchaes! Made my day!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN WOW! What an awesome person!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, that is so sweet! So nice to hear stuff like this.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
While I would NEVER in all the world have wiahed to need support for walking - I am on a walker -it has blessed me with a chance to see how kind and helpful people can be. People turn back from 20 feet away and walk back to open a door for me. I am particularly touched when moms either do it or help them kids to.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rn, that is so wonderful. Makes me feel better about the world.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am suffering from Naja-withdrawal! Of course,I am glad that all is well in your world - you have had more than your share of uproar, but I miss hearing from you!

Actually it might have been a good marketing tool for Dolly and Patsy ro send VAnentines to all your past boarders! Everyone likes to feel that others love their pets as much as they do!

You cannot believe how loved and petted all the pets that live here with their owners are! I am still battling with my conscienceabout getting a new pet!

I have always had Siamese cats,and they are one-person cats. I confess that I like being their special person, but what happens when I die? Then again I can rescue an older cat, but vet feesare out of all reason now! I have been shocked at the prices I hear! And what would I be faced with in having and older cat?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
TnT, we had to re-home 2 cats and a dog when we moved to San Francisco in 1995 (and it nearly killed us). One of them was an exceptionally smart Siamese cat (we also always had Siamese, with a couple of exceptions before I managed to teach Bigdog not to let stray kittens climbing our screens into our house). We found friends with two young sons to take the Siamese cat, who apparently stayed under a bed for two weeks and subsequently became the biggest love of the entire family's lives.

Go ahead and get an older Siamese cat from a rescue. Remember the joy Rosie got from her (Charlie?) in her later years of posting here? Go for it!

Siamese cats are the best. They are SO smart! ALL of our Siamese cats fetched. One of them was so smart she could vocally say the word bacon. One of them would jump into our arms when we (six feet tall people) would thump our upper chests.

Go for it, TnT!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, look for a rescue or shelter that uses fosters.. You may be able to foster a cat and have a group that covers the vet care.

Some fosters are available for adoption but not always.

Otherwise you'd at least want to have an arrangement for the cat.

My friend Cheryl adopted a siamese from national cat locally. The cat had lived with the owner from kittenhood but when she had a baby the baby was super allergic (and while this is often a bogus excuse to dump animals, NatCat said she brought the baby in and it really was allergic) and she adapted beautifully to Cheryl and also to her neighbor. We always hoped he would be her backup just in case but when she had to go into assisted living Nat Cat actually took her back and told Cheryl she was adopted almost immediately. I had talked to them and they thought at her age she could just be in their retirment community but I told them she was active and very interactive. The neighbor is a kind man who helped Cheryl a lot, and loved the cat but he was on the spectrum and had never had a pet and was adamant that he just couldn't.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I found my Patsy and Dolly on www.Petfinder.com

It combines tons of shelters and rescues into one search. You can choose age, breed, gender, and the radius of miles you are willing to travel to pick up your pet.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Tnt, fostering would be an awesome option. They provide ALL supplies (litter, food, vet care), it doesn't cost you a penny! Around the middle of March, we are always BEGGING for kitten fosters. You only keep them until they get adopted, but you have to be prepared to let them go.

However, you are doing such a wonderful thing when you foster... saving kittens from euthanasia in overcrowded shelters, and doing early socialization so they are successful in their permanent homes.

You can also foster older cats, but they do take longer to get adopted. See what is available in your area and what speaks to your heart!

If I lost either of my dogs right now, I'd just foster, since my longevity is in such question. If my Rocky didn't have a bum leg, I'd be fostering more now, but I have to be very selective since he loves to play with my fosters and that's not really a good idea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am at the point where if I lost Katniss and was able, I would then consider fostering in some way, because I wouldn't feel it was fair to adopt again at this point in my life, but If I am physically able, would want a cat around..

Feeding newborns is round the clock but if you can foster a mom and kittens, while there is still work involved, mom is feeding and stimulating to pee and such..

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Mr. Handsome just send a request to board Aurora for 3 nights starting Feb 20. I am so relieved he didn't ask for a date the pit bulls are going to be here. I'm waiting for his confirmation.

When his request came in, I texted back "I have been wondering where you 2 have been!".

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Good girl! Shows you have noticed his absence!!!!

Also I am thinking three days is NOT a date!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Haha! I knew that reply would get your stamp of approval :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN OH JEEZ. I just noticed he wants to drop her off at 6 AM!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Naja, so funny.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Guess he can't just shove her through the mail slot, huh?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This convo is hilarious! I am lol-ing my head off.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 18, 2024 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Can you tell the pit bulls are here today?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 18, 2024 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post