TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through January 27, 2024 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN She was paid up to Jan 15, and she had built up about $225 toward her security deposit. So I'll just keep it and call it even.

I just stripped the room to deep clean it over the next few days. She spilled full cups of coffee it seems in the bed and never said a word. Instead of telling me so I could clean it while the stains were fresh, she just let it dry in. On the pillows, too. It's a new mattress, and thank goodness it didn't make it past the zippered mattress cover (which is different than the mattress pad). I planned on throwing out the pillows anyway between tenants. No one wants to sleep on a used pillow. They are only $5 at Walmart.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, that's not bad then... for you. Good thing you left a mattress cover on, you may consider a plastic one for over the pad?

I still can't believe she just snuck out in the middle of the night. Well, I can, but still...

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
OM goodness. What wonderful news! I guess God does work in mysterious ways. :-)

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Good riddance to bad rubbish! You now know to get 1) references and 2) cash in advance! Sometimes we learn our best lessons from bad experiences!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Here was Mom's reaction when I told her in a text that the Nun is gone.

"I'm glad the nun is gone. She almost seemed Dangerous."

And I do believe I needed this bad experience to make sure I do it right. Any time I want to skimp on checking out a tenant, I'll just remember NTB. I think we'll ALL remember "The NTB fiasco of 2023-24". LOL

Kar, I just ordered a waterproof one per your suggestion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually, leaving in the night was best for everyone.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, great Naja! They are lifesavers!

You know, I am going to miss the NTB stories... LOL. But I do think this is a good development!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I am so happy for you, Naja! I can't imagine the relief you feel from that toxic stress being gone.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dang, that seems like the best possible resolution. Poof! Problem disappears.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thank Heavens and Praise the Lord! 😇

Although sneaking out doesn't seem to be very holy, 'nun-like' behaviour... who cares?! She's finally gone. I just pity her next victim, er... landlord.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have never rented a room, but I would be bringing my own pillow. When I did my two month road trip I definitely brought my pillow. I had an extra pillow case that I would hang on the doorknob to remind me not to leave the pillow behind, but it was a comfort for me to have.

As for learning from this experience, you will know more now and also if MsSonic has coworkers who are interested, then they will be known to her and you need to be sure they love dogs.. But vetting the person is reasonable.

The new pad and cover, and the new lock and keys are business expenses.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And soon the mini doodle will arrive..

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Mini doodle will be here tomorrow around 1 PM. The Husky and doodle overlap for 1 day.

eta: Just finished changing the lock.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Look how bad the yard is after it rained on the snow. It hasn't looked like this since the flood of 1993.

It is a nightmare taking care of dogs when your yard is in this shape.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, that's a lot of mud, Naja! FWIW, I use xpens to section off parts of the yard, so it can regrow, then move them to another area.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Your new theme song is "There'll be bath towels by the bRck door every day" sung to the tune of "She'll be Comn' 'Round the Mountain!" when she comes!"

Can you wipe them on the back porch/deck one at a time? Or let them out two at a time?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I foresee a damp doodle if it doesn't stay inside mostly..

Excercise pens would be helpful, or some sort of cross fencing. Maybe someone has pens they are no longer using..

I actually gave my pens (or pen?) and some other doggie stuff to Bill and Pamy when I lost my last labrador and then moved here and realized that I was sticking to cats as I'd had Critter for a few years then . At that time Dylan was younger and still came to Santa Ana, city next to me, to visit friends and so Bill could just stop by and pick up the items.

In earlier times we picked up some sections of fence that we used to build a pen in our yard back when we had multiple dogs.

And we had a load of pea gravel brought out and spread that around, and that was better than mud.

Do you have a Shop Vac with a long cord?? For the puddle..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I both can and can't believe NTB went silently into the cold Kansas night.
I hope she gets help as she certainly seemed unstable and unhappy. I'm sorry she was so difficult Naja, however, I feel a bit sad and sorry for her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I'm sure she's fine. This way of life is her choice. I found a "Go Fund Me" page she started for her college debt sometime back. She seemed more like a grifter every day that would go by.

About the yard....There's really nothing I can do until spring. I think if I block off that deck exit on that side in the photo, it would get way less traffic. The other side has grass.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Mini doodle Rosso is here!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, What a cute guy!

Glad things seem to be going better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Depends on the dogs.. Some just love getting wet.. Some labradors.. Not all. But they are easier to clean up..

The Doodle looks like he is a bit overwhelmed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Cute pooch!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The freaking furnace quit in the middle of the night. It never ends!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Bless your hearL't, Naja! Therre was a character in "Li'l Abner" comic styip who had a black cloud that followed him around! Must hae been your grand-daddy!