TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: Archive through January 20, 2024 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It was 30 degrees here most of the day. I am spending the winter in "the Tropical Tip of Texas', as far south in Texas as one can go. Power stayed on.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We are still in lockdown mode with temps less than 10! No more snow expected but the next few days will remain at 10 or less. Roads are clear after a few hours of sun, but refreeze (ice!) each night. The snow is still gorgeous, and I am grateul that I can enjoy it with no need to deal with it!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, the snow didn’t materialize in Portland. We went straight to freezing rain for the last 3 hours and continues coming down. Guess most of the freeways are having issues. I84 east through the Columbia River Gorge is closed for about 35 miles to Hood River. Hope tomorrow is better or rather, warmer would help.
Trees already have ice on them, expecting some coming down by tomorrow morning. I live on a main arterial and have hardly seen a car all night. The ones that are out are going very very slow. Tells me that the roads are now a sheet of ice.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Kookliebird, glad to hear people weren't out driving around.

We just had a couple of trees in the Golden Gate Park area fall onto cars! Fortunately no one was hurt but today the arborist is out checking on more of the trees along the parkway.

It did rain off and on thru the night but this morning it is supposedly done. The sun is trying to break thru the remaining cloud cover and we had fog difficulties for the commute which seems to have caused a bunch of crashes. I swear Californians just can't drive if the street is wet or foggy.

Should be a lovely day with temps going up to 60.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Down to ZERO over night here! Beautiful, sunshiny day but COLD!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Today is all icy, but the temp is rising. We should be better by tomorrow.

Dipo, funny what you say about Californians. When it rains really hard here (Portland or Oregon), everyone usually slows down. Yet, I don’t know how many times I’ve been passed by cars with California plates speeding past me on the freeways.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think we are getting Dipo's rain later.. today is super overcast. Apparently it is up to 59°f at midday.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
just an hour and half south from Kookliebird, and missed work Monday and Tuesday, my car was frozen this a.m. so the hubby drove me to work in his truck. looks to be thawing out there

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
26m
Large storm systems headed towards the Bay Area this weekend

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, for some reason Californians think if they have 4-wheel drive it will solve all things on the roads, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
9m
BREAKING: Power line falls on car during Oregon ice storm, killing 3 and hurting a baby, authorities say
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1747754145019294206

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The power line that fell on the car was in my neighborhood. They didn’t either know that the line was on the car or what to do when one falls on your car. Really sad.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have forgotten what to do if a power line falls on your car. I think when we lived in San Francisco we knew what to do, but that was 24 years ago, and the memory has been erased.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You don’t touch any metal. Stay in the car and call 911. From what I heard, 3 of them left the car and once they touched the ground were immediately electrocuted. Only the child left survived, but was injured and taken to the hospital.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Here’s the local story. They got scared and left the car.

https://www.kptv.com/2024/01/18/3-killed-after-power-line-falls-suv-portland-teen-identified-milwaukie-high-student/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A bit chilly this morning, most of the fog has burned off but we still have some. Skies are gray and cloudy but no rain is expected.

Temps going up to 58.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pretty chilly this morning, I think because it is still gray and foggy here. The fog has burned off on the coast and bay but not inland, LOL.

I can see some blue skies in the distance but don't think it will last since another storm is headed our way this evening.

Temps going up to 54 and rain expected after 3pm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
20m
Rain will start hitting the Bay Area on Friday and continue with scattered showers on Saturday before the most intense precipitation falls on Sunday night into Monday.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hoping for only scattered showers. I’m in San Jose for the Niner playoff game tomorrow night. While I have all my rain gear, it would be nice to be dry watching the game. It can rain all it wants on Sunday!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sorry Kookliebird, I think the next storm is starting Sat night but maybe it will stay up in Marin for during the game.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sometimes this part of the bay is a bit dryer than by SF. Could be worse, last year, the playoff game I went to was a torrential downpour for a good chunk of the game. I learned from that and now have better rain gear. What I haven’t learned is to pick a playoff game to attend on a dry day. 😊

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Sun has burst thru the gray clouds and foggy sky, probably won't last long. Been raining off and on, just a little bit.

Temps going to 55 with light rain until 5pm, then is predicted to be steady rain.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And… now it’s raining. Looks like there’s a window between 3 and 6 pm of not rain. Right about the time I’ll be walking over. Yay!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rain..