TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through January 18, 2024 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, if I had multiple nips or bites that dog would no longer be welcome at my house.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
At least NTB hasn't nipped anyone - within the household! - so you are ahead of the game there! Is La Senora actively looking for an apartment/house for her family?

Are either of your rental rooms adequate for two people? You definitely donot want to get into the roommate matching business but would you bed open to a joint rental?

I may have asked this before, but is there ANY type of educational or trade training institution there?
Are you open to renting to guys? They are FAR less trouble as preferred renters - I had an apartment rental in my home and GREATLY preferred guys. Same with my ten years of exchange students! !

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN I have no electricity. I was watching TV when all of a sudden I saw all these sparks outside my window, and then nothing. The line from the house to the pole came down.

Thankfully, the worker is here now. But I imagine he will need help, so this might take awhile.

Late summer/early fall we lost our cable. When the cable repairman came, he wouldn't do anything because he said the electrical wire was bad. We called pseg to get it checked out and they came when I wasn't home and they left a note saying they checked the wire and it was perfectly fine. Yeah, right.

Lazy, good for nothing worker.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN Yea! The electricity is back on! I just hope the oil burner turns back on automatically, and I don't need to call someone for it.

Off to reset the clocks and back to watching Vanderpump Rules.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN That's a relief, Grooch! I'm so afraid of a long outage. Not for me, but my fish.

Tnt, I advertise to students, traveling medical professionals, and regular people. I only care to live with women because we share a bathroom, and all the bedroom doors are within a few feet of each other.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN Grooch, glad you got that up quickly. I went for 3 hours without power on Friday night, when the outside temp was -5!!! Dogs and I got into bed, with several blankets and a sleeping bag. My rural electric dept was messaging with me in Facebook, giving me hourly updates, because they know I'm disabled. It was amazing customer service!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks, ladies. I was lucky and it must have been a slow day for them for them to come so quickly.

When you call to report an outage, you get the automated thing to report it. I wasn't in the mood, so I called back and hit the button to report a down power line. I didn't think I had one (but I actually did!) I got a human being doing that. Sometimes you just want to talk to someone real.

Last week we had 2 storms that caused major flooding from the bays and high tides. All day long I could hear the fire whistles going off. I found out later from a friend in the fire department that it was because the water was getting into basements and into the electrical boxes, causing them to smoke. This never used to happen before climate change.

It was around 30 here today with slushy snow on the ground. Kar, I feel for you. At least I have a wood burning stove to keep the main room warm. Naja, I don't have fish, but I was worried about all my plants in the other rooms.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm in the 'burbs west of Chicago. Below 0 today. Warmer tomorrow -- teens maybe.. I'm in an all electric condo building. Every once in a while we lose 'lectric. Not so far this winter.

There was a segment on CBS Sunday Morning this past regarding customer service on the phone. Good one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Grooch, I know what you mean about talking to a person! I reported online, but then used Facebook messenger, and was surprised to get a real person. I told her I was disabled and couldn't drive at night, so did they think it would be fixed or should I find someone to come get me? She came back on and kept me updated every hour so I felt safe waiting. I was very surprised!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Interesting Color.. I’m in a condo building too. When the power goes out, there’s a generator that kicks in for life services. It doesn’t affect the individual units, but the elevators, garage doors and security systems are on the emergency generator. Also lights and some hallway plugs are on the generator.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
both this building and the one where I formerly lived for 15 years were on emergency service generators - this means a working elevator and power in the public areas like halls and lobbies. It also supports the heat source(s) for at least those area.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You might consider having blankets or something handy toe envelop the tank(s) in the case of power failure. Left out of drafts, a goodly volume of water will not lose heat rapidly. All of the heat-producing sources should shelter in the same area if possible!

The last extended n(about 3 days) power outage when I lived in my home had three adults, three animals sheltered in the den with the gas logs lit! PB and J and numerous obttles of wine

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't and can't use central heat and the gas is turned off.

I am in a development similar to a condo but we have 34 two story buildings with 4 townhomes, so no elevators.

If power goes out I lose lights and don't open the fridge but just dress warmly and have a ton of blankets. And it doesn't drop below freezing and that isn't often.

Naja, I wonder if you could get a battery back up just for your fish equipment.

Good to hear that there are still human beings out there for customer support.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Sea, I want to get one of those rechargeable power stations that have enough juice to jump start a car, that also has an air compressor, as well as AC and USB ports. As far as the fish go, I would only need it for the heaters. I already have some AA battery powered bubblers for emergencies.

Maybe something like this. I would think this could keep a couple small aquarium heaters working for awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SJ1332-Jump-Starter/dp/B07892JQ1Q/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I ended up getting the newer model one of the same brand I found on eBay. I made the offer of $69, he countered with $72, so I got it. Less than half the one Amazon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256352422132

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Looks like it would work..

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I didn't lose the mini doodle client this time, but NTB inserted herself into the meet and greet AGAIN!

I always schedule the meet and greets when she isn't home, but at the last minute her work schedule changed and she was home. I met the lady and her doodle outside to warn her that a lady I rent a room to is home. Again NTB sat in the living room asking the owner questions that she she had no business doing. NTB was barefoot with these long gross toe nails, and her hair was still in the same shape as when she rolled out of bed about an hour earlier. Then she throws a pot pie in the microwave and comes back in the living room to eat it on the couch in the middle of the meeting. Of course all the dogs gathered around her, and without even asking the owner if he's allowed to have people food, she starts feeding the doodle some of her pot pie right from her fork. I was never happier to end a meet and greet. At least she didn't start in with her religious rants this time.

I walked the lady and her dog out and apologized once we got outside. Luckily she understood and booked with me anyway.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Ms. Sonic (the wonderful tenant) says more people are wanting to come up from Texas for the sonic positions here and need places to stay. One of her good friends from her old sonic down in Texas wants to stay here if we can rid of this Nun.

eta: I never thought I'd be happy about the idea of a house full of Texans. LOL!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, that second post is great news, Naja!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Isn't te nun due out at the end of next month? Judging on her past behavior I would guess that you are going to need help ejecting her!!! For goodness sakes, assume the best BUT PLAN for the worst.

You need to take your house back!!! When she is somewhere she should not be insIST that she leave! It is YOUR house - act like it!!! If you give her an inch, she will try to tak a mile!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN She acts like we never discussed her leaving. You know, when she's not giving me sermons or doing one of the many annoying things she does, she's actually nice and dare I say a little fun. But those times are few and far between.

If you saw the crying and manipulation I go through any time I try to bring up her behavior and/or how she should look for another place, you would get why this is so hard for me. But now that I know I may be able to fill the room easier than I thought, maybe I'll have a little more courage. My only agreement I have with her is I have to give her a month notice. I thought I did that in December or November, but she acts like it never happened.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja, maybe this will help:

quote:

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 10:24 am

RN No, but it probably should be. It was tough as heck!

You won't believe this. About 45 mins ago in the middle of us cutting up the rest of the brisket to store, NTB told me she'll be done with her assignment in Missouri at the end of March, and has decided to go to another state. Now if this is a way to weasel another month out of me or what, I don't know. But I told her I will put my room ads back up with the available date as April 1. And that's it. No turning back.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks! I had forgotten the date. I think my approach will be to ask her how the plans for her March move out of Missouri are doing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You better have the date you want her out in writing, whether it be by text, email or a paper copy. A copy for you, a copy for her. That way, you can refer to that document when she has memory issues.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I agree. I think it needs to be in writing.