TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through December 31, 2023 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, I hoping my Powerball ticket is the single jackpot winner, .

I didn't want to go back to work at all but a major remodel is expensive, so back to work I went. I may need to look for something else that pays better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN That totally stinks, Sugar!

RN NTB is back to being a shit. At 9:30 AM I heard her shuffling around awake, and knocked on her door I asked her if she would keep an eye on the old dog I am watching while I have a meet and greet with a new Husky in a few minutes. Grumpily she said "fine". Then when the meeting was over she storms out of her room with the senior dog and said in the most hostile way "You know I only got 6 hours sleep!". I said I would happy getting getting six hours sleep. I am such a horrible sleeper".

Now mind you, I was not being snotty. I was just commenting on how different we are.

Then SHE shouts "WHen you have to go to work for 12 hours???!!"

The she heads to the bathroom and slams the door and starts the shower. She's such a freakin door slammer.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This whole thread is looking forward to te end of February!! AND NTB!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sugar - I am guessing you work a 4-day week? Two exta hours a day will give you a 40-hour workweek which is pretty standard, isn't it?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think now it is end of March...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I am guessing that she won't use you as a reference when she goes to rent a room in the next location?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Nope, 5 days a week 8 hrs a day = 40 hours a week.

I have been working some OT by choice as we are quite behind. I don't care to be forced to squeeze at the minimum another weeks worth of work into a month. I hear other changes are coming and I'm supposing they are not going to be well received based on how things have and are going. Perhaps they will surprise me and changes will be good, positive and add to my $. I mean good by not demanding I work 10 hours for 5 days plus hours more on a Saturday.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
RN, I went grocery shopping for all the snacks we'll eat while watching football all day Sunday. I also picked up a pork roast and sauerkraut for our New Year's Day meal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YUM!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
RN I’ve eaten too much chocolate today. I wish people wouldn’t give it to me for Christmas because I can’t seem to eat it in moderation when it’s in the house.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Eggie -- Mandatory Nrw Yeark's fare in TN is black-eyed peas and collard greens - both of which would go well with your pork roast!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pork roast is yummy. I used to season with a bit of cinnamon.

Kraut, greens, peas, more for everyone else, not for mt.

Kooklie, I am also unable to moderate chocolate intake when it is here..

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Naja - where are you? Are you boarder-free for he New Year's Eve festivities?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Seamonkey, I struggle with if I could be honest about her if she does use me as a reference.

TnT, All I have is Buddy for New Year's. Just a quiet senior Australian cattle dog. A dream dog for babysitting

I thought I may get another last minute dog for the holiday, but nothing yet. I am enjoying the peace for now

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, you kind of have to be honest, though... but I do understand.

If you end up with just Buddy, I am sure Patsy and Dolly will also enjoy the time as well.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Personally, you have to worry about lawsuits when you give bad references.

When someone uses me as a reference and I can't in good faith say something nice, I say "I can confirm that so-and-so worked here (rented here) from x date to x date. You could also add (if it's true), she does not owe me any money.

I would leave it at that.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What Kar said.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good advice! I am not a landlord or business owner... I have been fortunate to only be asked for recommendations for people I could enthusiastically recommend.

Twice I have had knock on the door questions. One was from the police department where my then nextdoor neighbor was applying and could say that she wasn't noisy, no rowdy parties and so on. And she got that job.

The other was right after 9/11 and was an FBI agents came to ask about a suspicious group.

Had to be honest for those.

I wonder if she will ask "Father" for A reference?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Adding my two cents worth - so long as everybody keeps giving NTB a pass on her behaviour, she is going to continue to behave that way! You told La Senora about her - why would you feel you don't owe the same honesty to a prospective landlord? You certinly should not say that she is a nut job, but it is entirely fair and true to say that she doesn't not respect the household rules. Has she ever paid off the security deposit? That should be mentioned if not. Also if she leaves owing you money - as I fully expect that she will do, that should be mentioned as well. Her next landlord may not be living with her, so door slamming, etc. is not relevant. Finances ARE! As is the safety of his property (smoking!) How betrayed would you feel if she had provided you a glowing reference from a former situation???

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Tntitanfan, while that's great in theory, as I noted, you can be sued for bad references. I advise against it. Heck, you can get sued over bad google and yelp reviews these days. And defending yourself against a nonsense lawsuit is expensive!

I'm not saying to give a glowing review. A noncommittal review tells people all they need to know.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I second what Kar said at 12:08 p.m. It's honest yet noncommittal.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if there are code words that are neutral that would give a prospective landlord a hint?

Or, can you just decline to give a reference?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, life often presents us with the choice of doing what is right and doing what is safe.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I had a call about a person who had worked for me. Company policy was to give out a phone number that would verify dates of employment. I did this. Enquirer on phone sounded disappointed. I then added, please tell person that we really miss her and wish her the best. Not sure how to do this in writing...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would assume that a glowing reference could end in a lawsuit from the new landlord if things go wrong. Even if she landed a small apartment with no one to bother, if she smokes against rules, that could be a big problem for the owner for their insurance coverage, damage from smoke, etc.

Did she come with references?