TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 21, 2023 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Did you ever find out what was wrong with the limping dog? Did it have the surgery you were thinking it might be? Did you already answer above and I missed it? If so, just tell me and I'll go a looking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Grooch, yes, it had surgery and when he plays too much, he gets sore. I never found out what kind of surgery. That dog's name was Pacino.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN, it should be my last day of work for the season.

Nobody has said anything to me about it.

I'm afraid to say something because I want it to be my last day and enjoy the few last days before Christmas.

Wednesday and Thursday are my regular days off, and Friday is the start of the new pay cycle. That's why today should be my last day.

What a pickle.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Let us know how it turns out!

RN I got my most amazing review from Blue's dad!

"Not sure where start but Naja was phenomenal. This was our first time leaving our dog with anyone and she agreed to watch him and we arranged for a play date. She had dogs that were great and naturally he was nervous and she assured me he would be ok. The dogs ended up playing together within seconds as she said. On the day she was up early and when we dropped off the dog and she ready for us and welcomed Blue excited for him. While on our trip for 3 days Naja kept us updated on his progress and sent us daily videos. She took amazing care of him, brushed his hair, cared deeply for our dog. Lastly our flight was delayed and we asked Naja if she could watch him an additional day and she without a pause agreed on the spot. When we got Blue back his eating bowls were super clean(you didn't have to do that Naja) but thank you. He was calm, it's like he didn't want to leave lol.
Anyway I could write more but the point is she is amazing at what she does we are grateful for her care and love for dogs because I saw how she was also taking care of other dogs in her care. Thank you so much we are forever grateful and Blue now has a second home!"

Holy moly!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Congrats Naja! 👏

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, that's a wonderful review!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I really liked his dog, too. I just wish he'd think more about having Blue neutered.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I forgot to mention this earlier. When I opened my fridge this morning, there was a 16 lb beef brisket. There will be 2 people here for Christmas

I guess the 6 dogs in the house that day will some, too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Forgot the brisket pic.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN ....AND

NTB bought the girls one of those toys you hide treats in. Patsy likes it best.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, the toy was a nice idea!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My saints above! A 16# brisket will serve 32 to 64 people! Take about your planned left-overs! That cut in a slow (350) oven should cook about 16 hours! If you want it out by 8 AM that means before she goes to work in the afternoon! Seems like that ought to work for her!!! Putting it in when she gets home after midnight mass WILL NOT work! I don't usually cook that large a cut of meat, but math is math!!!

I am sure Blue's dad's report is nothing but the absolute truth! Animals ALWAYS know who loves them! Depending on home much time - and stamina - your have, you might be able to build up a nice day care clientele as well. Pet parents who work long hours and have a single pet often feel guilty about leaving their fur babires for those hours!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe she can take some of the leftovers to the nunnery or to Father. Is there a homeless shelter nearby? How big is your freezer?

While the size of the MEAT is outrageous, it’s actually kind of nice that she wanted to cook it for the house. I say, just breathe and don’t worry about it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
16 pounds is way too much meat for just a couple People. Maybe she is takin it in for the entire convent?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe she could cut that hunk of meat in half, or thirds??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a lovely review, Naja! On NextDoor people often ask for recommendations for a service like yours and I keep thinking.. too bad Naja isn't here in Orange County!!

Those puzzles can be fun for dogs or cats..

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 2:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
How much does a 16 lbs brisket cost? I hope she doesn't think this is part of her rent payment.

One never knows with NTB. Lol!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yoshi has been throwing up all last evening, all night and this morning. His owners phone has been busy, she won't answer my texts, and her vet is too far from me. I called my vet a couple blocks away, and they won't take him without her permission. But she won't answer. Her vet doesn;t even open for 40 more minutes so I can't even call them. He throws up clear foaming stuff, and even if he drinks water, he throws it right up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, oh no, Naja! I hope by now Yoshi is off to the vet and is being cared for!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I did find a vet to take him by my grocery store 5 mins away. He's there now. I just got back home. They are going to do tests and let me know. They approximate the bill between 500-700!

eta: and his mom and emergency contact STILL haven't gotten back to me!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Naja, since you get jobs through a parent company, have you contacted them to let them know what's going on? This way you have back up/support, in case the owner complains about the vet bill.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yep, I called 3 times. They said take him to the nearest vet and they assured me I will reimbursed 100% if the vet makes me pay. Hopefully Yoshi's mom will pay over the phone if she ever answers my calls or texts.

The conditions for me getting reimbursed I have to ask Yoshi Mom through the company system to reimburse me. So they can see I asked. If she refuses, the company will reimburse me 100%.

eta: and I assume in that case she wouldn't be able to use the service anymore.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness! That's a huge relief.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I'm surprised that the company doesn't have a treatment letter that is included with the paperwork. I know when I hire a petsitter, I have to fill out a form with my vet, a backup vet, and the amount I will reimburse if they can't reach me.

It also includes whether I want a DNR, extraordinary measures, etc.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The vet called they think it could be colitis or something like that. They want to try a bland diet and anti nausea meds. They didn't feel anything in his gut but there was a little blood in his stool which made them think colitis. They will call in an hour or so when they want me to go pick him up.
If he is still sick tomorrow, then they will do more tests.