TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 23, 2023 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, you are the one who has to be comfortable with the situation Naja. Hopefully it will work out for you.

I worked in fraud for many years and I have concerns but wish you well.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Were there photos included on the Sonic website, Naja? Maybe she is being given a lump sum for housing and wants to save part of it for housing later. Just keep posting because if you stop, we'll be calling for a wellness check, lol.

Dipo, I really feel for all of the businesses surrounding the Mosconi Center. I understand the need for the security considering all the threats currently going on but I hope the Federal Government will consider reimbursing these people for the week of lost profits.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Naja - You have done due diligencein estaglishing the creds of your new tenant. I hope she provides a nice contrast to the NTB and brings some real companion- and friendship into your home! How is the housing market there? Maybe this move is not a company-initiated one? All the Latino women I have been privilegef to know well have been delightful, loving people!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
BTW creating a variety of online profiles is easy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW I am signed up at https://www.signalhire.com/

It's reputable. I also see that Bill is actually part owner of several Sonics in Texas. Now it makes more sense about him saying new Sonics are opening in the area. He's also a franchise owner getting more stores.

Responsibilities:

"Divison Leader
Responsible for Daily Operations, Financials, Marketing, Team Development, New Store Openings"

It shows his history of other endeavors as well and his title and responsibility changes.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
When is move-in day?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yolanda says she'll be driving up from Texas on the 25th. So I am guessing it will be late in the day before she gets here.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I think what would solve everybody's problem is if Heckagirl sold her her house, gave away her cat, and moved in with me. I think she's close to me, and she posts like she hates her house.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Probably giving away her cat would be the sticking point!!!! It ha been my personal experience that the cat/dog thing is mostly folklore! They live happily together in many homes!

Hot homemade soup and cornbread would be a nice way to welcome her -

Again, my experience with Latinas has been uniformly positive - loving, warm, and fun!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My dogs would eventually get used to a cat, but I just can't take litter box smell, and many of the dogs I care for have it right on their info sheet that they don't get along with cats.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I suspect one cat with a household of dogs would rule the house.

Good idea with the homemade soup and cornbread. Have NTB make it for her new housemate.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know you all are joking, but cats (and all pets) are being "gotten rid of" at alarming rates. And house cats are prey animals, so being thrown in with dogs without a lot of planning and escape routes would be cruel.

Naja, it sounds like you have done your due diligence and Yolanda is likely to be a great housemate and since she is relocating there, A potential friend.

You will surely have a unique and doggy Thanksgiving this year.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You are right about the cat ruling!!!

Re the soup - do NTB's have access to poison? Or even powerful lacatives?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, as someone who works with a rescue and has fostered over 50 dogs, it is not true that a cat will rule the house. I have seen too many tales of dogs killing cats in what started out as play, but then went south.

Some dogs are very prey driven as well, and I've had a few that I had to keep leashed at all times when I had cats. It just wasn't safe for those kitties.

Dog/cat intros can't be taken lightly.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
RN I have a border terrier. They are prey driven. Leashed when I wasn't looking at him he caught a squirrel!! In his 12.5 years he's never met a cat. I don't know what would happen.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
All of us can only speak from the experiences we have had with animals we have known. I speant 15 yers with a cat and dog who never acknowledged that there was another pet in the house and would advent their heads if they passed in a hall. When thefire was lit and too enticing to pass up, they would be butt to butt on the hearth!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN I have never had cats and dogs who didn’t get along. From a black lab to a collie and a few other dogs and cats during 50 years they and the cats got along. Some closer than others but never aggressive against the other.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, yes, I'm aware that cats and dogs can get along. I am also sadly aware of many times that they didn't. That's why I said it's wise to be very very cautious. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 21, 2023 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja doesn't want a cat or a litterbox, so the question is moot, anyway.

I had cats when we got out first Labrador. The cats had escape routes, the labs we had and bred were bred for temperament, were not prey driven, they were good at retrieving live birds without harming them. So that worked. However, we were not bringing in out of household dogs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I don't believe it. The full month's rent was on my desk when I got up. Actually $50 short because she is supposed to be putting $50 a month toward the security deposit she didn't have when she moved in. So far she's only put $100 toward the $400.

So now she's all caught up until Dec 1, sans $300 deposit.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
You are too kind Naja, I would have evicted her by now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, I am rather weary and still have much to do.

I was happy one of my sisters was hosting Thanksgiving this year, especially as it is also my birthday. She had to borrow, 2 tables, 8 chairs, 2 crock pots and my big roaster. It might have been easier to do it myself, lol.

We are bringing a few sides and I decided to make macarons. I should have made the lime curd and cream cheese filling yesterday but was too tired then. So the fillings are done but I still need to make the shells. Plain for the lime curd and red velvet for the cream cheese, double batches for both. It will take hours but I need a break so it will be a late night.

I dont even particularly like red velvet.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
How m"holiday" dogs will you have?? Is Mr. Handsome's among hem?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, November 23, 2023 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Had a thought overnight! Is there any kind of temporary tag or collar you could get made for your"temporary" dogs? Safety feature for them and good advertising for you!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 23, 2023 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I have 3 guest dogs so that makes 5. They are really being good.

TnT, I wouldn't want to advertise that I lost someone's dog. haha

RN I am afraid for when NTB gets up. She came home crying at about 3:30 AM, walked past me without a word and closed herself in her room. I wasn't about to ask why.