TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 29, 2023 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Oh my, that one is adorable and I don't usually like fussy hair pups.

This alledged NTB is not just being an irritant but she is costing you potential clients at this point. I think she knows she is on borrowed time as you get to know her better and so she is setting it up to look like the victim when the reality is the opposite. Did you ever see the movie Pacific Heights?

I'm not just worried for you, Naja. I am also genuinely worried for the chuch she is trying to join. In my version of the novel about your current life, she is a far right zealot who is trying to infiltrate the Catholic church, lol! You're a better person that I am for how you are handling it. It's too bad there isn't a way to discreetly verify her status in the church. Who could have ever imagined a NTB this judgemental?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some seniors are super active volunteers, but a job is good.. Have to watch out, with so many people working from home permanently.

Yes, I share the same worries about NTB.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Although a declining field, perhaps a Student Teacher might be a good tenant. I think it is anywhere from 12 weeks to a full semester.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN So far only 3 seniors have contacted me. 1 needed 4 hours a day of home care for something. Something about her lungs. She was on oxygen 24/7 and mostly home bound. Another just needed a place until her home was repaired from a fire, but she decided against it. Thought my house had too much going on as it is. And the other had 3 dogs.

After several years of serious illness in this house, I just can't bring myself to invite more in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You are doing a great job of setting up your boundaries and priorities, Naja.. and indeed, your last point is a good one.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have veen around Catholic folk all my life! None of them have everacted like NTB! Wonderhow she will act to a new renter!!!

Any colleges, universities, etc where you might pick u a grad student???dd Posting an adatyourlocal library?

I know your pet-sitting service isa lovely changefor ou!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I know it's hard to believe pet sitting can be very lucrative, but _just_ for Thanksgiving week I'll be making over $1000. So far.

RN Tnt, I would LOVE to have full time grad students. I actually advertise to them. No luck so far.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Especially students who are seriously busy.. medical students would be gone a lot.. Is there a medical school or nursing school nearby?

Too bad you couldn't fit in more dogs legally to eliminate the renters!

That is a cute floofy dog you just signed up.

Naja, my cat sitter (haven't used one in years but I used to when I traveled).. anyway she started out visiting for $5 a day ( this was a very long time ago.. ) and her rate went up and up and up.. over the years she got certified in Tellington Touch (T-Touch) which is a form of massage used for horses and dogs, cats. And she could charge for that, too. You are so good with dogs, I bet you could learn things that would bring in extra. I know around here a good pet sitter is golden.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ooh, Sea has a great idea!

You should really consider getting into dog training. My brother and aunt paid over $1,000 to have their dogs trained. You can go to their houses to do it. Something to think about.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Maybe contact an insurance company re short term room rentals while people's houses are being repaired due to fire, water or whatever damage?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am guessing NTB doesn't work in the public relations field?

How about th B&B field? Most of them DO NOT take pets. Ihave only ever stayed in one placewith a shared bath, but for one night itwas okay. Howhard is it to make a breakfast quiche, fruit,and coffee?

What does your town/city have to offer? Tourism is a BIG business!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
How about working with local hotels/motels for daycare dogs? Travel agentcies for boarding dogs?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm open to a lot of these suggestions (Thank you!), and a lot are easier said than done. Honestly, I'd like to get rid of NTB and never rent again.

I'm ok for now with just the regular boarding and daycare. Every month earnings goes up.

btw, NTB did her best last night, and never talked religion. (except to show me her new Mary statue that Father blessed and gave her.) I get a 4 day break from her now. She works until midnight for the next 4 days.

Most importantly, I realized she needs this room more than I need a tenant. I keep forgetting I'm in the driver's seat, not her.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Whatever you may lackin terms of rental prospects,you for sure don't lack in support from a loyal cheering section here!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN HAHA, I know! It makes me smile!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Have I asked you which order NTB is joinging? The Mother House for Dominicans is here in Nashville. However, it was he Sisters of Charity who extablished and for many years staffed and ran one of our three larest hospitals, Their lives of service have blessed the lives of thousands of people here!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yes, you've asked me, and I answered. The Benedictines (her preference because they are known as the strictest) or Little Sisters of the Poor.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Well so far an evening and a full morning without being harassed. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but this seems like a good start. Now I have until midnight not to have to think about it.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes! Now that you rpeat it, that DOES ring a bell!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Enjoy the respite!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Well, I didn't get the job with the little 8lb floofy dog :-( He was too scared of Patsy. Literally yelped if she even came near. We waited for like 45 minutes to see if it got better, but it didn't.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Aww, too bad.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Oh it's ok. I already got another holiday booking :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yay, for Holidays!