TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 10, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 07, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja is her work place a Bucee's?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN No, I'd feel uncomfortable saying where she works.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Good God! The most handsome man just dropped his dog off for daycare. He looks like this actor, Ray Stevenson.

Photo from his IMDB page.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0829032/?ref_=tt_rv_t38

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Is he single?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I never thought to check. I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. LOL But I highly doubt it. He kept saying "we" as in "we just got the dog two weeks ago".

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN He just picked up his dog and he's single! How do I know he's single? He asked me to care for his dog when he has his knee surgery because he has to go stay with friends for them to take care of him! It was kind of weird how he stayed a few minutes and filled me in all this. Did he want me to know? hmmmm

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    

What kind of dog does he have?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Handsome man's dog:

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh, what a cutie!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a cute dog!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN He just adopted her 2 weeks ago. Looks like I'll be seeing a lot of her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And him, too? But it really is a cute pup.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, you know YOU could do home care for someone recovering from knee surgery, Naja, if only you had a spare room. And then he could PAY you and would not have to feel like he is imposing on his friends. AND he could use the time to bond during the day with his new pup.

Knee surgery is not all THAT big of a deal these days. Bigdog and I both sailed through it, with him having both knees replaced at the same time. Neither one of us took anything stronger than extra strength Tylenol for pain. The caretaker (in our case the spouse) mainly kept track of when to take meds, making sure there was always an ice bag available for icing the knee, and reminding the patient when to do more at-home knee exercises. I think perhaps you do not drive, but Uber could take the patient to and from physical therapy.

The one bathroom might be a problem, as you would need a raised toilet seat (on loan for free from Lion's Club) and a tub or shower seat. He should be able to walk himself to and from the bathroom on a walker, and will probably be sent home from the hospital with an in-bed urinal. I walked myself to the bathroom in the hospital about 6 hours post-surgery.

You might have to help the patient on and off with compression stockings (Bigdog helped get mine started until the stocking was over the heel), but God BLESS the nurse in the hospital who brightly asked Bigdog if he wanted to learn how to get his compression stockings on and off himself, and he said YES!

Bwahahaha!!! Okay, let the friends take care of him the first few days, and then he can move to paid boarding for both himself and his dog before he becomes a burden to them.

JujuBadDog

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN haha, you guys are funny. I'm happy just getting a glimpse of him now and then....LOL Besides, my house is _the_worst_ for physical rehab. You have to climb a full flight of stairs just to go in or out in both the front or back. Unless you live in the rec room without a shower.

Here's the review Mr. Handsome left:
"Naja is a caring, loving, let dogs be dogs kind of person— perfect for my Aurora! Aurora made instant friends with Naji’s two dogs and was worn out (in a good way) by the end of her stay."

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Awwwwwww, nice review.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lovely

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, the kitties are trying to find the small slivers of sunlight hitting the living room, so cute.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Mr. Handsome just booked a late daycare (4-11pm) for this Thursday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN BTW, he just wants me to watch Aurora during the Chiefs game when he goes out. Who does that? LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I wonder if she has separation anxiety? Or he just likes that she has friends to play with.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN He lives an hour north, so I don't think he's staying at home right now. Maybe he doesn't want to leave the dog alone in a friend's house in case she does something wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN OH Jeez! I was reading reviews about my pet sitting competition, and the one that lives closest to me has some bad reviews. Here's is one.

"Thankfully I only booked a 1 night stay. There were 6 or so dogs in crates jammed into his basement. Picture crates from wall to wall with no space or gap between each crate. Our dog pooped her crate which has never happened and her stomach was visibly swollen for 48hrs after picking her up and she was puking up blood. Another thing that was a concerning is Dan asked to push the pickup time back an hour and he still arrived late, leaving me to believe he left all these dogs overnight while he stayed elsewhere. From what I can estimate, Dan piles all these dogs into his basement, neglects them the entire stay, and collects his pay from all these poor pet owners who book hoping for something more than a dog motel. You are better off boarding your dog in a legit facility."

So bad!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He is actually wise to have you take care of the dog. For one thing if it is a recent adoption it might be more likely to get out an get lost and if he has caregivers, they might not pay the best attention to the dog.

Oh what a scary review. That sounds horrible!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN oh yes, that was his major concern. That she would get out and get lost.

And for sure that boarder is horrible. I felt guilty just for having to run to pharmacy to to pick up my prescription. I also thought it was weird how some people asked if I needed them to bring a crate. I was puzzled and asked "Why?". No way in heck am I going to crate dogs while I watch them.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Some people routinely crate their dogs as night - meaning they sleep in there wtth the door open. Many animals like having a confined (safe) space to sleep in - just depends on what they are used to.