TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 23, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I totally get that Mack. For me, the house is paid off, so for sure renting something would cost more. Plus, I just couldn't subject my dogs to a life without a yard, and I am too lazy to walk them a few times a day.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Everyone's needs and preferences are different. I hve never regretted my decision as I am ot living very nicely on the returns from my investment ofthe house sale money!

Myhouse was paid off,but property taxes, utility bills, yardcare, etc was about $1450 a month!!!! I rented a nice two bedroom, two bath apartment in the most desirable part of town for 2/3 that AND had no responsibilities to take care of.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rents here are so high. A studio over a garage could be $1200.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That's cheap, Sea, for where I live.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I got my second doggy sitting review!

"Wonderful communication the whole weekend. I think Baxter had a great time playing with her pups. He was a little tired when he came home. Naja is a sweet and wonderful lady to work with. She even sent home some special treats with Baxter. I highly recommend using Naja."

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks!

RN OH! and about insurance. It's looks like I am going with State Farm. They want under $1000 for BOTH car and house for 6 months. $1000 deductible for house, $500 deductible for car.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am glad your customers appreciate the effort youput into their pets!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN In person I must give off the vibe that I can easily be taken advantage of. The Nun to be has decided she doesn't have to pay rent for the 3 weeks she goes on retreat with the real nuns. Since she lives paycheck to paycheck, I can't force money out of her when she won't have a check for 3 weeks. I asked her if she had an apartment would her landlord let her not pay for 3 weeks? I'm sick inside. I told her if this ever happens again, don't even ask. Just pack and get out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Put that in writing so there is no question next time. That is really taking advantage of you.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Oh yes. And I will have 3 weeks to word it perfectly.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja - that's ridiculous. You could offer a reduced rent I suppose, but nothing? No way. I would have said, get out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yes, I should have, but it's a hard thing to do face to face on the spot.

Thank goodness the dog sitting is taking off nicely. Once I can collect my DHs social security (June 2025), I can kick everyone out of my house and just babysit dogs.
🐶

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, yes, when you are surprised, it is hard. Lesson learned!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
A true Thumper has learned from their fearless leader that they don't have to pay people they owe money to.

Are they going to leave anything behind in your house during those 3 weeks because that would constitute using that room as a storage unit. Are you sure this person is going to become a nun? They just seem like a curious personality type for it. You're a better person than me, Naja, because my overly suspicious brain would have come up with all kinds of scenarios about her by now such as her being a mole attempting to infiltrate the nuns for some bizarre reason, lol. Seriously, think of the novel you could write loosely based on the people who stay in your house!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
With all the traveling I have done since I chose apartment living, it has never crossed my mind not to pay rent! What reason(s) did she offer?

I think you should explain to her that you need the income or you would not be renting! Isuspect it is too late in this instance, but I would tell her that next time you will evict her for non-payment of rent! I never had a problem with any of my renters, but I knw others who have had! Most people are good and honest folks, but there are always those who are looking for a free ride!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I also just thought of this, but I don't know of any order whose noviates don't live at (in) the convent. Yu might want t ak more questions when she returns!!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
So sorry that happened to you, Naja. Was she not paying in advance?

And TnT does have a good point about novitiates staying in the convent. I wonder if a discreet phone call needs to be made to the Mother Superior?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN There's a LOT to do before actually living with the sisters. One of which is pay off all dept and she is still in the process of that. Believe me, she really is in the process of becoming a nun, and no way I would interfere with that by calling someone about her. I'd probably go to hell. haha

Juju, of course she was paying in advance. Deposit and one week rent when she moved in the last week of August, and then The 1st of every month. She's only been here about a month. She's paid to Sept 30.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN btw, she told me when she moved in that it would be approx 1 year before she would be able to live with the other nuns.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I put the trash at the curb late last night, and today my trash company just zoomed by and didn't stop and pick it up. So I waited all day before I called them just now. They said I never put it out, and that the driver even took a photo to prove I didn't have it out. I said I SWEAR TO GOD I put it out. So she sent me the photo that was supposed to be the proof I didn't put the trash out. Well, it's not my house! hahaha. Their photo backfired on them. The tone of her voice was like she was so sure.

House I've never seen.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What order is your prospective nun planning to join?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN That would kind of narrow it down to where she is all the time. I don't think I should share that about her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Tnt, She said I could say if someone asks now. It's Benedictine or Sisters of the Poor (or something close to that. My memory isn't the greatest these day). She says she prefers Benedictine because they are the strictest.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The largest Dominican house in the country is located in Nashville. I have heard that order is the fastestgrowing in the us. They are a teaching order -