TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 20, 2023 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 12, 2023 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
RN home from shopping and dinner with friends today.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 12, 2023 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I went for an ultrasound and some walking.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
RN, I've been busy with all the purchases for my Mother of the Groom gown and accessories. Lots of time on the computer shopping for items. I can't believe how much time it takes to look around online....whew!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN When is the wedding, Eggie?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
RN, it's on June 3rd in Santa Barbara. A very formal affair so I get to dress up like I'm going to Prom once again, lol!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN, Nice!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN a little nervous about my first tenant arriving tomorrow. Well, my first 2 tenants. She's bringing her blind dog. She's the one that is contract pharmacist.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
RN Good luck Naja!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN From that picture you took with your dogs and the two lost dogs, I'd say your girls will welcome the new dog into the home.

Hope everything goes very well.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 3:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN it just dawned on me that we moved into our house 20 years ago today. Actually closed on the house on 15 May, painted a couple of rooms on the 16th, and movers came the 17th. That’s a big deal for me as an Air Force brat I lived in 15 states and two foreign countries. With my ex who was an Army officer and I moved three more times with her including an almost four year assignment in Germany. My wife’s history is not much different as her father wasn’t military but moved the family several times.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Happy anniversary Mack:-) I can't believe I've lived in this house for 30 years.

Tenant texted me "eta 9 PM". She's driving from Louisiana.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, that's kind of late for a meeting. FWIW, having introduced many new dogs to my household, take it slow, especially with a blind dog, they can be easily frightened and intimidated. I always do first meetings with a baby gate between, so they can meet safely. Good luck!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What Kar said and introduce one at a time so the newbie doesn't feel ganged up on, even though your girls seem super friendly

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 18, 2023 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN OH, last night and this morning was scary. That little dog just attacked my dogs if they got near. Which of course caused my dogs to snarl and snap back. So the tenant went to work and she left her dog in the crate in her room and I was supposed to take it to pee every couple hours. But I thought I would give it another chance and I introduced my dogs again. Guess what? They get along GREAT without her here! Maybe Kida was just trying to protect her mom. It felt like my own personal episode of "The Dog Whisperer". haha

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2023 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja that sounds exactly like what was happening. Kida is undoubtedly very bonded to her human mom and needs her but is also super protective.

But the progress you made today sounds very promising.

Poor baby, think of being blind, suddenly being in a new environment, new smells, new person, new dogs..

I think in the end this will be the best situation for them and work for you, too. They could never live with someone who didn't love dogs. And you are up for challenges.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2023 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
A tip for blind dogs. Put a different scented candle in each room (you don't have to light them, the wax itself will give off enough scent). It's a way to help her learn to navigate.

Hope things will work out well for everyone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I grabbed some footage from the security cam of Dolly being so sweet helping the blind dog with the stairs outside. Remember, I'm not even out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skL2TZVOhEU

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, that is heartwarming! I couldn't like it without signing in (and not sure I even have a password) but definitely liked it. 💕🐾

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I'm so glad they've become friends!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My Dolly may be the sweetest girl in the world.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN Yes! So sweet!

Kida really navigated well with that encouragement. Pretty impressive behavior for both dogs.

Is Patsy doing ok with this?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just watched the YouTube again. What a difference in Kida, so hesitant going down the stairs and more confident following Dolly and her scent back up. Dolly was so sweet waiting while Kida did her job in the yard, too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Patsy wants to play, and Kida isn't thrilled with that. Every so often, Kida is still growling at Patsy to stay away.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well that is just dog language in action! I imagine that Patsy will learn from this and so will Kida. But Dolly is well named as she is both loving and kind, like her namesake.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, on that video, Kida gets to the bottom of the top set of stairs, then pees. Dolly checks that out. I wonder if the urged Kida on so she could discover the yard where she should pee. On the way back up, Dolly checks the spot again, while Kida ignores it.

I imagine she now knows to continue to the yard.

Do you ever get other creatures showing up on that cam?