TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 02, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: Archive through March 02, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, the rain is really coming down. Currently 46 going up to 49, LOL. We have a Thunderstorm and Gale warning in effect.

It's a wonderful gloomy, rainy winter day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
7m
A new storm teeming with freezing rain and strong winds socked Michigan on Monday — a fresh challenge for crews that have been trying to restore electricity to thousands of customers who have been in the dark since ice snapped lines days ago. http://bit.ly/3xXEuCv

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Moley .... IT'S HAILING!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
3h
Many residents in the San Fernando Valley have been without electricity for days after last weekend's severe storm blew up transformers and tore down power lines.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here in Orange County, California, we had wind, rain, lightning and thunder and apparently simultaneous lightning strikes near me on and off shore.. That was super loud. I just noticed my DVR was resetting.. I wasn't watching TV, but was on a podcast on my computer and didn't lose internet. Othres nearby lost more or power. And my poor kitty. I guess she was upstairs and heard it more strongly ahd probably saw the lightning. A bit later I came out of the bath/laundry room downstairs and she just rammed past me and went under the water heater which is not where I want her and I pulled her out. She repeated that behavior later and I sat down on the stairway to talk to her and try to figure things out because she was so intense. And then I thought.. the thunder! So I opened the door to the coat closet under the stairs which is the safest place in the townhome for a cat and for three days she has mostly stayed there, only venturing out for water, and to go upstairs to use the litterbox and eat food (thankifully) but not sleeping upstairs and not sitting on my lap as she has been with the cold weather. Tonight she stayed the longest so far on may lap but didn't relax and curl up. It will take time and the door to the closet will remain open as long as she needs it.

A few years ago there was an earthquake in L.A. County that was strongly felt in our county. I was at a concert in balcony seats and we certainly felt it! To their credit, Men Alive, our gay men's chorus, kept singing and didn't miss a beat! ( they already had a fire alarm go off during dress rehearsal, so it was quite a day for them). Well, when I had left for the concert, Katniss was asleep up on my china cabinte, which is 84" tall. When I arrived home, she was NOT on the china cabinet and didn't venture up there that I saw for a couple of years! So the "weather" definitely affects our pets.

The storm we had (not much rain today) has swept on across the country, spawning multiple tornadoes and ice storms. I think we have another this week, but hoping it is calmer, at least on Wednesday when a friend is driving me for my second cataract surgery.

But we also had snow a lower than usual elevations, including our local mountains and a lot of snow at ski resorts and higher elevations, pluse downed trees, some mudslides and such. And the lack of electricity in parts of L.A. and San Bernardino counties accompanied by cold weather is no fun..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Today it's cold and rainy. It's 45 and going up to 53 and the rain is supposed to stop at noon, LOL.

But might rain some more later today. We shall see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW Seamonkey, poor kitty.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just Me.
@skiswm
·
51m

@SPaulsonKTVU
⁩ 80 still closed but some semis hauling short shelf life or necessities are being allowed passage. (Food, fuel, livestock usually fit this definition) photos from http://tahoeweathercam.com

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
UC Berkeley Central Sierra Snow Lab
@UCB_CSSL
·
55m
A very light and fluffy 36" (91.5 cm) of new #snow over the last 24 hours! That brings our 2-day total to 52.2" (132.5 cm) and our 7-day total to 109.3" (277.5 cm)! We are now within 6.5 feet of our 2016/2017 winter season (47.77 feet).

Plenty more on the way!

#CAwx #CAwater

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Brian Hickey
@kcraBrianHickey
·
36m
Still closed. I-80 will likely be closed for the day with the heaviest snowfall hitting the area now. Highway 50 remains open but expect delays, even closure with next round of winter weather.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, some sunshine is coming thru!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, it’s snowing in Portland again. Pretty heavily. Fortunately, it’s not sticking.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, amazing
W. Smith
@s4_wendy
·
20h
We are getting a crazy amount of snow in Soda Springs, CA today. No county snow plow visit yet and visibility is pretty poor. Stay safe outside❄️💨. @Tahoe_NF @TahoeWeather @royalgorgexc @tahoe_weather

https://twitter.com/s4_wendy/status/1630375039525879808

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Fairly heavy and wet snow here today, probably around 2" at our house. I did get out and shovel the walk, and then the sun came out this afternoon and melted most of it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A little chilly but the sun is out and the skies are blue and clear! I guess it rained a bit last night because I had to dump water off some things.

Currently 38 going up to 57 and no rain until Saturday.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Rain last night and today very gusty winds to last all day. Some gusts up to 45mph. Coastal Gale warnings along with high surf. It so cold once again. Brrrr.....

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SFGATE
@SFGate
·
1h
The season snowfall total is now more than 500 inches, with more on the way.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
David Charns
@davidcharns
·
1h
Wow! The rocks aren't red at Red Rock outside of Las Vegas anymore.

📷: Roy Tabucanon

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ilya Neyman
@IlyaNeyman
·
1h
Might as well add BREA to the list of snowy SoCal cities today! This is north Orange County and almost at sea level!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
DJ P👀H
@DJPooh
·
1h
Why is it snowing in Burbank? 👀😂

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
10m
A #rockslide in Malibu Canyon, on #Malibu Canyon Rd, is blocking the roadway south of Puma Rd. Wednesday afternoon. CHP issued a traffic advisory around 3:30 p.m. Traffic is being rerouted from the area.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NWS San Diego
@NWSSanDiego
·
2h
Band of precip with snow being reported now from Temecula-Riverside-Hemet!! Extremely rare! Temps are plummeting from the 40s to the 30s with 45 mph winds with this band. It's now entering into #SanDiego County, so parts of the inland valleys could see brief snow!! ❄️ #CAWx

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
37m
Nearly 2,000 PG&E customers are still without power nearly a week after a winter storm dumped a foot of snow in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Snow in SoCal is definitely not good for our planet to avert destruction of human life at this late stage of the game.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Not sure I understand your comment Juju. Could you elaborate?