TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 17, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: SCAM ALERTS! : Archive through April 17, 2022 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
As someone who investigated frauds for many years, they are trying to get you to call the customer support number.

Oh! I see that is the same thing Lance said.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
when I bought the cheapest thing on a site and was sent a cheap Chinese coin instead I notified the FBI. I admit I should have never tested it. But I did get my money back right after that. I also reported them to Paypal because no way would I give them a credit card or anything else with my real name.

internet fraud site

I noticed I am now being sent these fake site ads on Facebook. I just report it to them to remove the ads. only takes a second. I am sure they are trying the ads on other sites as well but I did a little something to reduce the scammers.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I didn’t even think about them wanting me to call. LOL not that I would, but I was busy looking for the clickable links.
How they think anyone would fall for that is beyond me.
Thanks all!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Aiiiiiiiii! #@$$@@%!&##! I am flipping livid. So far this morning, in less than 2 hours (!) we've gotten at least half a dozen Visa-scam Robocalls on our landline. Each time from a different # so impossible and probably pointless to block.

Suz

10-13-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I got 25 calls in one day. Now when they start, I unplug my phone. Can drive a person nuts.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Holy crow, Suz! Unfortunately I can't unplug because we're dealing with doctors (oncologists) and lawyers (arranging his retirement agreement) etc these days.

I do unplug sometimes on the weekends.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had one day where I got a call every 10-15 minutes for about 2 hours, it was very annoying but I don't have caller id so I can't even see where they are coming from.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😳 🫂

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Dipo, same here.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have caller id.. and on the landline I have NoMoRoBo and many calls just ring once and are gone. Others disappear when the machine answers and the persistent ones let their robot loose and leave a message.

On my cell phone in came with a wonderful thing installed so when a call comes in, often it is marked as spam or suspected span, but I can tap to unleash a message to them that says I am screening my calls and they should state why they are calling and I will see that. Many just hang up then I report spam and block them. Others do start talking or the robot talks and I can see what they are pushing and hang up.. or there is this great button that says Tell me More.. I was able to use that several times on one call before I hung up. and reported and blocked them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, your land line is VOIP. Yes? NoMoRoBo does not work on a true land line which is what I have.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is through Spectrum and yes..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 18, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I am so excited, LMAO, Warren Buffet has picked me to receive some of his fortune, hahahahahaha. Got my email today.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 18, 2022 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It's your lucky day, Dipo!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, it happened. I fell for a scam. :-(

Didn't lose any money, but my bank was ON IT, and called me the next day and cancelled my card.

Here's what happened:
Got a phone call with caller ID: JPMorgan Chase (yes, they hold my credit card).
Person asked me if I had made a charge in Arizona. I said no, she said my card was compromised, and then (stupid me), she said she needed to verify I was the card holder by sending a code to my cell phone.

She had: the last four digits of my card
My home phone number. My cell phone number. My address. All that made me believe.

But the code added my card to apple pay, and they promptly charged $900 at Target. Chase rejected the charge and called me. Removed my card from Apple Pay, and is sending me a new one.

No damage really, but pissed me off.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow! The scammers are getting really hard to detect! I would have believed them too! Esp having the caller id!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know... I feel stupid, but she was so good...Not one bit of broken English, had so much info on me! Thank goodness my real bank was on top of it!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow it’s amazing how they can get you. My bank called me the other day and asked if they could “help me with anything”. I’m 99% certain it was really them but I wasn’t sure and I really didn’t want to try to verify it so I just said everything was fine and left it at that. Plus I always get fake robot calls for bad charges. My iPhone alerts me though whenever a charge goes through so I know those are fake.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So, Jimmer, when she said there was a suspicious charge, I pulled up my bank account.. and there wasn't anything there. I asked her about that, and she stopped "we stopped the charge."

And interestingly enough, when the REAL bank called and said the same thing, the charge didn't show either!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have my credit cards set to notify me of any charge over $100, by email. If they called, I would be suspicious.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They've always called me when there is an issue. I've had one or another of my cards stolen before.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Must be the type of credit card account, I’ve never received a call, just an email when fraud was suspected.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Interesting, Kooklie.. It's a VISA card, issued by JP Morgan Chase. But I also get calls on my AmEx when that happens.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never trust caller id except for actual friends where it comes up matching the way I entered their names.

I actually got one with a caller id for my name and my number!! On the phone with that number. Oh but my number blocks caller id so no one every sees my name and number.

And around that time i got a very angry voice mail from a local woman I didn't know swearing and telling me never to call her again, etc. I tried calling but was blocked. I was able to look up her number online and get her name and address, so I sent her an nice snail mail card telling her I wa really sorry she was getting scam calls and I get them too, but it definitely was not me. I hope that calmed her down.

I get SO many emails from Chase Bank and I've never had an account or credit card through them.

There is a young woman attorney named Ericka on Instagram and she makes these great videos about various legal issues, lots of hers are about the actual rules if you have a cancelled flight and they try to tell you you are not eligible for a full refund.

The other day she did one of her getting a call about a charge on her credit card. And she said "so you won't mind if I call you back using the number on the back of my card?" CLICK She plays both sides of the conversations..

That is scary when someone knows so many of your numbers!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Sea... from now on I'll be saying thank you, I'll call the 800 number on my card now.