TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 08, 2022 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Thanks Naja. :-)

Crows are the funniest birds. Birds are much smarter than you'd think.

Glad you got it, Naja.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy crows! My favorite story was one day years ago I had gone to McDonald's to drive through for breakfast. Ate in the car with one of my labradors riding shotgun.

So there was trash on the ground, including a bag that was not open but rolled up so you couldn't get into it.

A crow approached and sussed it out and he got it open and started to look inside, where there was part of an egg McMuffin, but the crow was .. well his "shoulders" were bigger than the opening of the bag.

So he backed out and grabbed the bottom of the bad and shook it upside down.. The contents fell out and he was one happy crow!!

I know there are a lot of eagle cams running currently, but I started following @naeaglecam, at the National Arboretum in Washington DC, on instagram and it is the best! They follow Mr P (Mr President) and Lotus and they built the best nest I've seen. They had two eggs but the first eaglet, DC8 was weak and didn't make it. DC9 hatched and is much stronger and what a joy watching these two adult eagles with huge talons and beaks gently feed this little fluffball.

And what stands out is the comments from the volunteers. They have such a good sense of humor, pick out great clips to post (there is a youtube running too) and answer questions, respond to comments and it is just great. I have learned a lot about eagles.

One early morning, Lotus was on the nest, asleep, with DC9 uneerneath and suddenly she was WIDE AWAKE and crying out and then the camera zoomed up and you could see Mr P, chasing away another eagle. Good camerawork on that.

They have a bunch of fish they have brought to the nest, at least three types of fish from the river and Mr P brought a live eel, which seemed to get mixed reviews at first from Lotus. He proudly cries out when he brings in a catch, so does Lotus, who also hunts.

I am sure your crow is really grateful for the bath opportunities, Dipo.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Um, RN to that post..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Has anyone ever seen a baby crow? Just asking, because I only have ever seen the full sized crow.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Any you've never seen a baby pigeon either. Nor a tiny baby seagull. Some baby birds just grow really fast, and in fact some of the babies appear larger than the parents.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have seen baby doves, when doves nested in my patio in a hanging (dead) plant. Fluffy to begin with, then fat and fluffy then they fledge and look like smaller doves.. it goes fast..

The baby eagles, eaglets, are grey fluff and kind of white fluff at first.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hmm... interesting. Just have never seen them myself. I’ve seen baby robins and other birds but not crows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, I think the crow has become a regular visitor, he just dropped in for a drink of water. I swear he is a big as one of my cats!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, He may be yours for life.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, Dipo, you be as kind to that crow as you possibly can. Just within the past year or so I have been reading some absolutely remarkable things about crows, both how they can hate you and get all of their current friends and all of their progeny to hate you. And by the same token, if you are kind to crows, they and all of their flock and progeny will be your friends. You might have seen on Twitter where I was discussing with a woman her amazing story about hawks killing her chickens, and then the crows started saving her chickens, and thus her livelihood. She said the crows would sit in trees and watch for the hawks and would run the hawks off if they approached her chickens.

Live a good life, cultivate good karma, and be very good to your pet crow. Go ahead and give it a name. Oh, and when you sell your condo, be sure to tell the buyer that your condo has a pet crow, and encourage them to read up on having crows love or hate you.

Crows know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 05, 2022 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, just saw a Bonanza commercial and OMG, Wayne Newton was just a baby when he was on that show! And he was sooooo cute.

Juju, Yep I know about crows. Amazingly he has stopped by every day so far. When I went out the other day I was looking around to see if there might be a next somewhere close by.

Periodically we have a red tail hawk hanging out and I have seen the crows gang up and harrass him.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 05, 2022 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN We have so many red tail hawks. At one point they were stalking the kitties of the neighborhood. The weird thing is, almost overnight all the neighborhood cats disappeared. I don't think the hawks got them. I think some used them for target practice.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rn, that’s horrible!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 05, 2022 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😞

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2022 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN You won't believe what was in my neighbor's messy yard! This was literally 10 mins ago! OMG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6HFC2Hw8Y

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2022 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, that is a turkey vulture, and they are carrion eaters, so whatever it is, I am guessing rabbit, was already dead. So this guy or gal was just cleaning up the neighbor's yard, you might say a classic case of will work for food.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, they are nature's garbage men and provide a very necessary service!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Oh yes, I'm aware of the value of vultures/buzzards and that they only eat dead things. I have just never seen one in person in a yard in my neighborhood!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I just put in an application for another puppy!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN They asked me for my first and second choice on the application, and these are the ones I picked in this order.

First choice - 10 weeks old

Second Choice - 5 months old

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Both are adorable!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN WOO HOO! My appt to meet the black one is at 12:30 tomorrow.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN, they are both adorable. Good luck in choosing when you get there.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Both are wonderful!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Both are cute, but maybe one will win you over.. That puppy that runs up and says "adopt me!!)