TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 04, 2018 users admin

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
When I first started in accounting I worked for a CPA who told me “ to do this job you need to leave logic behind and forget everything you know about math”.
That was 30 some years ago. I didn’t last long.
Now days not even my CPA or the IRS can answer my questions.
Since no one who voted for it has read it, let alone understands it, it should be great.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sea, I have been asked that several times, and also paid our second half early! But the rest of the changes don't come into play until 2018 taxes (due April 2019) for the majority of individuals so I'm ignoring all that until this tax season is over!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
when we get a democrat back into office cant he/she repeal these crzy trump tax laws?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just be careful asssuming that just because you paid your taxes early you can take the deduction in the year you paid them. It depends on where you live. It's only valid if they have already been officially assessed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, for California, at least up here, they were assessed in late October. Unfortunately mine went up considerably so I just paid the one installment.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pamy, the Democrats could very well re-take both houses of Congress as early as November 2018. It will be an exhausting effort to do it, and then an exhausting effort after that to get the tax law replaced and then to create affordable health care for ALL Americans, to re-staff all of the offices left unfilled during this past year, to re-build relationships with America's former, now estranged and bewildered, allies, and a myriad of other things most of America never even thought imaginable could go to hell in just one year.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh ty for the info Juju!

Dipo, its the same in OC and Im pretty sure all of ca..I work for the Assessor

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I worked for tax lawyers for 31 years...they learn to be fast on their feet and since they are usually the smartest of attorneys (at least that's what they told me...LOL!) and a lot of them are also CPAs, they can usually figure it out pretty well. After all, they overpay associates to figure stuff like that out!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The Dems may retake the House, but they will have a much harder time in the Senate.

Even if they do have a simple majority in the Senate, they can't get a super majority and Trump can veto anything they pass.

So, keep working, but we may be stuck until 2020.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Roxip, LOL attorney stuff. I once worked for wife of then-future Commissioner of the IRS. NOT enjoyable working for her. Look up Mark W. Everson. That's a story.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: So for some reason I have been craving pancakes, now I rarely have any pancakes and when I do go out for breakfast I will have one pancake instead of the muffin/toast offered.

So I was looking at frozen pancakes and a bunch of waffles came up, I haven't ever had a waffle, which lead me to wonder....what is the difference between pancakes and waffles?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The way they're cooked I think is the only difference. I use a pancake mix to make both and there is no difference in the way that you mix them.

Last year on Kid's Baking Championship they had a waffle v. pancake competition which I rewatched this week. Funny you should ask that!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
1. Waffles don't taste as good.

2. Waffles are stiff. You can eat them as 'finger food'.

3. Waffle irons are awkward to use and difficult to clean.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
!. Waffles taste just as good or better.

2. You can eat waffles with your fingers, or slather them with butter and syrup. Or better yet, strawberries and whipped cream.

3. I agree about waffle irons, hard to clean. But if you are buying them frozen, you can make them easily enough in the toaster!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My waffle iron (which is a replica of the Great State of Texas) isn't hard to clean. I think my waffles taste better because they are shaped like Texas...LOL!

Personally I like them with lot fat Jiff peanut butter and just a touch of syrup.

I'm hopeless at making pancakes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, so it sounds like it doesn't matter. Maybe I will buy a small amount of both and do a comparison test. This is what happens when I do my shopping while hungry. Off to make some lunch.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like them both!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pancakes are excellent and superbly delicious. This applies only to pancakes at a restaurant as home pancakes suck and never taste or look right. Acceptable toppings are excessive warm/melted butter, warm maple syrup, fresh raspberries, a bit of whipped cream or the occasional dash of boysenberry syrup may be used for a few bites. The pancakes must be buttered all over immediately. Syrup is then poured only over a small area that you are eating then the next few bites are syruped, then the next, etc.

Waffles are quite tasty and are to be eaten only at home. As with pancakes, much butter is to be applied. Raspberries are heaped onto the aforementioned waffle, warmed first if not fresh and then maple syrup. Once again, syrup in small areas.
Waffle iron is cleaned by husband so I have no issues. I won the waffle iron as a work prize. The problem with waffles is that only 1 can be made at a time so hubby puts them in the oven to keep warm but I don't think they are as hot as I would like them to be that way and I think they get a bit stiff.

Nice crispy bacon should also be served and if having eggs they MUST be scrambled dry/well or fried hard with the yolk evenly distributed over the white.

Runny eggs are the devil's sinus infection.

The 1st time my hubby and I went out for breakfast and he ordered sunny side up eggs I nearly ran screaming into the cold midwestern morning. A friend convinced me to see him again. I still can't stand those runny eggs and try not to sit across from him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sugar, excellent descriptions and directions.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you. Obviously, I am quite particular in the ways of pancakes and waffles.

I am thinking we may be having waffles this weekend!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pancakes get soggy, while waffles are less likely to do thst.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We had waffles New Year's morning...and crispy bacon. With melted butter.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I like the sogginess of pancakes.

Syrup only lays in the waffle holes. The rest of the waffle remains dry. When you cut the waffle the syrup splashes off the waffle.

You need a knife to cut pieces of waffle. The pancakes separate with a fork.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Properly cooked waffles are crisp on the outside but soft on the inside...

Having said that IHOP's Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes are truly one of the wonders of the world!

Anybody else hungry at this point?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I love those Harvest Grain and Nut pancakes too... the best pancakes I've ever had.