TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through December 17, 2017 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep, that's all common. I needed a prescription nasal spray that wasn't covered.

And if I try to refill any prescription before I only have 3 or 4 days left according to the insurance records, they say I have to wait.

I learned my lesson about that. I make sure to refill everything the earliest day possible, so now I have at least a month reserve (some even more) of the meds I have to take daily. I built it up a little at a time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks... good, but depressing, to know.

My husband has built up a stock of his cholesterol meds for the same reasons, but I thought they were funny with that because it's a pill and maybe you could overdose or something. But this is just a cream, so I was shocked they wouldn't just give me more if I need more.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Have been in two insurance meetings in two weeks....most interesting thing I learned: Doctors can write a one-month Rx for 34 days as a one-month supply!!! Definitely worth asking for!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I have learned in the last years that it does not matter what my Doc. says, the insurance co. rules.
I have chronic asthma and every Jan. I have to fight with the insurance co. to stay on the meds that I want to stay on. I always have to have my Doc. write a special letter to the insurance co. that I need to stay on the meds I am already on. Of course this is a huge hassle and 'headache' and extra doc. visit $$$. Every January I know what is coming, and it only gets worse... Sorry Kitt.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What a pain that must be. And you're right about the $$$, doctor's don't fix your insurance problems for nothing :/. It's all so topsy turvy.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I used to use the 34 day a month thing too to build up a reserve so I didn't run out. And then I quit asking for it, and I don't recall why. Maye I just forgot about it, or BCBS no longer allowed it. I need to do that again. I would tell the doctor, "My insurance pays for 34 days of pills as a month, so if you would write the prescription as 34 pills, I would appreciate it." And they did it.

And, yes, the insurance companies can be very strict about us deadbeats not trying to cheat them and getting early refills. Sheesh.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Seems it’s business as usual. I wish I could pick up all my meds at the same time but no every med has its own time table.
When my doctor writes a prescription I never know what is going to happen it’s up to the insurance company and the pharmacist they do not care what my doctor says.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
exactly Firebird5, not to mention the LONG line at the pharmacy.. Its like a whole nether apt. Then to finally get to the end and be told 'your insurance wont approve it'....
And yes' no matter what, they never are all at the same time.
ever.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One way to stockpile is when you go to a lower dose, as I have on bp med and lipitor, never do it officially. Just cut the pills in half and now I could have those meds for a long time despite a major disaster.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
My doctor gave me one of these cards to use when my insurance won't pay. I don't know who pays but they work.

https://www.goodrx.com/discount-card

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No drug insurance for my dog. I use GoodRx for phenobarbital for my dog's seizures. It can be a big savings.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I haven't had that problem with meds. I have Kaiser though so maybe that is why. They won't let me order right away but I often order long before I am out of pills.

In fact I have been trying to build up a 2 week supply I can put into my earthquake kit. I was going to ask my doc for some extra pills, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Help please. 14 year old, high school freshman niece has a research paper to write. Kota took her to the library last month where she got some books, read them, and started writing a rough draft. Back to the library today for more books. She was going over he insrtruction sheet today and realized she has to start from scratch, the books have to have been written in the last 5 years and none she's used are.

Topic is how electronics have changed the world for the better. She needs 5 sources, written from 2012-2017, at least 2 of them books. The other sources can be anything from documentaries to magazines, blogs, or news articles.

We've been searching an hour and not having a lot of luck. Lots of stuff on how to make electronics.

She's panicking, been working on it for a month, nearly done with the rough draft and now she has to start over. The rough draft is due next Tuesday. She also told me she knew she'd messed up because she had not seen the part on her instructions that said the books had to be written in the last few years.

Can anyone offer suggestions for books she can use?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This link here:

https://medium.com/startup-grind/best-books-on-the-impact-of-technology-on-society-7528697b4834

is pretty recent and gives some references.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thank you from me and my niece, Kitt! I sent her the article, pointed out a couple I thought she could use and a couple more that while too old for her paper mighr give her a starting point for sonething more recent.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Do you have an online library? Michigan has MEL.org (to log in, you need a Michigan driver's license but....shhhh....start with a letter then put any 12 numbers in and it will log you in). One of the databases is titled e-books (might as well try the link: http://web.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/search/basic?sid=c27b888d-da3f-4f69-8405-d345177e6c89@sessionmgr4008&vid=0&tid=2003EB). Entire books are online, and the selection is good.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thanks Teach, I'll send her that link now. I'll have to check our library, I know it has some online stuff, but I'm not sure how extensive it is these days (used to not have much.)

OK, wow! Our public library has a ton of e-books to borrow now. I had no clue, last time I looked (which was a few years ago) the selection was pretty skimpy. A quick search through and I found several e-books I'll show niece when she is here tomorrow.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, November 17, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
YAY!!

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
Can anyone help me out by remembering the brand name of the fluffy/soft robe that Janelle (season6, etc...Big Brother) received during her HOH? I’ve wracked my brain to remember it for a Christmas present, but I’m coming up blank. Thank you to anyone who can answer this.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is the website, but I don't know which robe it is. There's only a few so you should be able to recognize which it is.

https://dreamalittledreamwithme.com/collections/robes

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
Thank you Naja!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh thank you Naja, I have been racking my brain trying to remember the company name, LOL.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What do you buy for a Dirty Santa gift at work? Last year, I think I bought candy, and also received candy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What is a "Dirty Santa" gift?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dirty Santa is like secret santa except you can swap or steal away gifts. There's different rules. Did you see the last episode of "The Middle"? That's one version of Dirty Santa.

And you can buy anything you want for Dirty Santa, as long as it's in the price range agreed on.