TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 07, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 07, 2011 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Escapee, Circle of Friends was made into a wonderful film with Chris O'Donnell & Minnie Driver. It's what got me started on Binchy! Great book and film. Enjoy! The film also launched both actors.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved The Evening Class so much... (Binchy}

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Was Binchy the author of Tara Road? I remember reading that one shortly out of college, and I got SO mad at one of the main characters and her lack of a backbone, that I never read another of her novels. (I have the same gut reaction to Cinderella - when my pal and I directed that musical for our HS, I kept muttering into the headset what Cinderella SHOULD be saying to the stepmother & Stepsisters!)

Reading a King in the Court of Fools and enjoying it. Reminds me of The Snitch, Houdini & Me, although it isn't quite as funny.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes Teach, she wrote Tara Road.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Well I finished it and the story was completely and utterly boring. Nothing exciting happened, nothing. In fact, it took all I had to finish it and not write it off. I swear it was more like a guide to a Grecian village than a story. All the characters were shallow and predictable. Sorry, it just didn't draw me in. I like a little more adventure and a tad more romance in a story than this blah.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Mercy by Jodi Picoult. It's good, but I despise the cheating husband so not zipping through it like I might have otherwise.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've just started Diane Keaton's book, Then Again. I just love her!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished my borrowed book, Swimming in the Daylight: An American Student, a Soviet-Jewish Dissident in the Soviet Union, and the Gift of Hope by Lisa C. Paul, which ironically dropped in price the next day or so but was still well worth reading. Learned things.

Now reading a book I did grab when it was free and it is now back up over $14.. Barefoot Sisters: Southbound by Lucy and Susan Letcher.. about their walk on the Appalachian Trail.. they are going north to south. I read awhile back about a guy who went by AWOL who completed the hike south to north. The sisters go by Isis and Jackrabbit.. most through hikers have trail names they use to sign the books at the various shelters..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Nora Roberts' The Next Always - The Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, Book 1, started it last night, really enjoying it so far. :-) I want to take my time with it as I anticipate it's going to be quite a while til the next one in the trilogy is released.

It's unusual in that it's a blatantly clever cross-promotional book for her actual inn and bookstore! She's just created a 'novel' around them, so I guess fans will want to go and visit the real deal. Genius marketing if you ask me.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I love Nora Roberts!!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I haven't read many of her books but I did buy this one.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
http://www.innboonsboro.com/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2009-02-11-nora-roberts_N.htm

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just finished The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks-per many a recommendation here. Considering the premise,I thought Id never like the book, but I very much enjoyed it. I hope they make it a movie.
The recommendation-Persian Pickle Club sounds good,I may try that next!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure they are making a movie..

Or a made for HBO movie produced by Oprah Winfrey and Alan Ball (True Blood)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/12/oprah-to-produce-immortal_n_573647.html

No date set but I will certainly look forward to seeing it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It will be great. Cant wait to see who they cast as Deborah,Henrietta and Day.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
In my quest for Christmas reading I am re-reading The Joyous Season by Patrick Dennis. Its old and I read it first years ago. Its still makes me laugh!
http://mealibris.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/the-joyous-season/

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Billy Graham's new book 'Nearing Home'. It's a must read for us all. I truly want to set a good example for my kids as I get closer and closer to the end of my life.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lakecat.. I think they should look at the cast of Secret Life of Bees for at least one characters..

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I just watched Fall for the Book Mason Award Presentation to Stephen King on booktv and thought some of you would enjoy it, too. SK told about the start of ideas for some of his books, told a bit about his childhood years and read from one of his books he is working on now. His explanation of It got a big laugh from the audience, including me.

The entire show is about an hour long.
booktv.org

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was super, Mak!!! Thanks for posting it.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Sea! I knew any SK fans would enjoy it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved Diane Keaton's book. It was really a loving tribute to her mother as well as tales of acting and her love affairs.

I'm going chick lit this time around and reading Good Enough To Eat by Stacey Ballis.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that, Mak1. Quite enjoyable.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I just finished A Gentle Rain by Deborah Smith. I have no idea what the title had to do with the book (might have missed something) but it was one of the better books I have read. I laughed, I cried, all in all a great, easy read.