TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mame, you deserve the novel! Sometimes I cannot get enough detail but only if it is interesting and well written.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Reading "Bad Moon Rising" a mystery by Ed Gorman.

Right now I am library bookless and won't be able to pick up more til Monday. So I'm reading the mysteries and romancy books from my paperback book clubs which have been accumulating.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
My kindle won't turn on anymore. :-( :-( :-( First my laptop broke, now my kindle isn't working :-( No books right now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Geesh, that would suck, Escapee! Hope ya get a new one for Val Day.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
What is Valentines Day? It's under warranty, thankfully, so I have to send it to Amazon to be fixed. But dang, that's WEEKS without a kindle :-(

Anntie

09-03-2010

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Bummer Escapee!!! Wish I could help you out; nothing worse than no books.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Read Ozzy Osbourne's book, "I Am Ozzy" last week. I know he was being honest about his addictions, and he can be very funny, but sometimes, he almost seemed proud of them the way he would recall events. To be honest, I don't really see how anyone who admits to be constantly stoned to the point of blacking out would be able to remember enough to even write (or dictate) a book.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Escapee, have you talked to them yet? If you get the right CSR (be sure to call Kindle support, not general support).. and suggest that you have heard of them overnighting replacements in cases where the original kindle is unusable..

(they replace for small cracks in the case, for instance, and then the owner can still read while waiting for the replacement kindle.)

Good luck!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
It won't turn on. I've charged it and it just won't turn on. SUCKS!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I have that prob sometimes w/ my android phone. I take out the battery for a minute, put it back, and then it works again. If it will mess with ur warranty don't do it.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
You can't remove the battery on a kindle, though.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I have had two kindles replaced and they have both come pretty quickly! I hope it's not too long!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Have any of you read Catherine Anderson's books. She is a romance writer my sister was raving to me about. She gave me one of her favorites to read. I've started 'Only by Your Touch'.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
I've read her, Rieann. I wouldn't rave about them but they are a good read.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Anntie. I was curious as I hadn't heard of her and my sister has become quite the addict. :-)

Anntie

09-03-2010

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Reading Mother's Day by Patricia MacDonald. It's old...1994...but very good suspense book.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Touch and Go by Lisa Gardner for review. It's about a family who's kidnapped and brutalized and the detective looking for them.

I am also reading With or Without You by Domenica Ruta for review. This woman had a very crazy mother who made her life very different. It's shades of The Glass Castle.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Got my copy of Maeve Binchy's last book, "A Week in Winter". About halfway through and loving it. Only two copies were left in the bookstore - so happy to get mine. I was afraid it might seem different - possibly edited by someone else, but it feels like vintage Binchy, so she must have had it completely finished before she died.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay Scout! So glad you got it, and not surprised you are loving it. :-)

Anntie

09-03-2010

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Starting Easter Bunny Murder; the latest in a series by Leslie Meier.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Ordered Clive Davis' new autobiography, "The Soundtrack of My Life." Should be good and dishy.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
I'm now reading "Deadly Stakes" by J.A.Jance, her latest Ria Reynolds book.

Anntie

09-03-2010

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anntie a private message Print Post    
Correction: Should be Ali Reynolds.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Scout, thanks for the heads up about the Maeve Binchy book. I hadn't heard it was out there. Put myself on the wait list for the audio book from the library. I believe I am number 3. Love her stuff and will miss it....so will savor this last dose!

Currently listening to The Good House by Ann Leary. It's read by Mary Beth Hurt, who is wonderful and to me sounds like I envision the character. Love it when that is the case! The book has intrigued me. Love the fact that it is an older woman character whose voice/thought life actually sounds true to life for me. I haven't finished the book yet (though almost done!), but the main character herself is possibly an unreliable narrator (as an alcoholic), though there is still question as to what is truth and what is fiction so she may not be! Still, there is something refreshing about it to me, though there are also some dark issues throughout. Humorous in some ways, but because of the issues it deals with is not a funny book. Darn frustrating and uncomfortable at times....but still enough of a light touch and feeling of small town life and characters that it drew me in.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yessie, Cathy Kelly is VERY similar to Binchy and I can't recommend her books enough. Also Irish, also was a journalist... etc. I am on tenterhooks waiting for her latest book:

The Honey Queen

by Cathy Kelly

Harpercollins (uk) | March 12, 2013 | Trade Paperback

The warm and uplifting new novel from the natural heir to Maeve Binchy.

Francesca is single and happy about it. Just turned 49, with a long relationship behind her, she has a rosy future ahead - until the company she works for goes bust and she is suddenly broke; wiped out. She''s not a crumbling sort of person but she is forced to change her life, moving to a small city suburb inhabited by a mix of old and new inhabitants.

Throwing herself, and her last few savings, into a life-changing course, Francesca spends a week on a farm learning how to keep bees. Against her will, she''s hooked by the annual honey competition that is fiercely fought among the locals. The honey queen is the person with the very best jar of honey.

chapters.indigo.ca