TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 09, 2012 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have all three Lord John books waiting to be read as well. I loved the Outlander series as well. Waiting patiently for the next book to see where Roger went.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I love that title of the new Sweet Potato Queens book.....I'd never thought about it, but how very true!!!!!

Loremma

04-25-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
Denecee I am reading "11/22/63" by Stephen King interesting so far

I loved this book! Some of it was hard to believe but I still couldn't put it down.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Started the Cleo Coyle coffeehouse series today - think I am going to love them!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I want to read "11/22/63" too. Supposedly I'm on the library's waiting list. It's been over two months since I asked. I'm about 100 pages into "Mockingjay".

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
Just finished "The Shack" by William P. Young. I would be interested to know if anyone has read it and what their thoughts are....

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Channel, I read about half of it, up to that point I was really engrossed in it...but then suddenly...it went all 'religious' on me and 'well', I had to quit it.... it could have been good, but then it turned into a sermon....I hate being preached to... sorry, but that was my experience.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read it. It was one of the hardest books I have ever read, but I loved it at the end. It has been a few years but the concept of God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost as "ordinary' people was compelling.

I don't mind being preached to. I figure it is god for my soul...but this book was intended to be one of a spiritual journey...sorry it offended you but that was the point of the book (not to offend, but the spiritual journey).

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Roxip, it did not offend me, I suppose I just did not realize 'from the beginning' what it was truly about...as I just picked it up at library with out much research.. I got lost in its message..

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the book, but going in, I knew what the story was. In his afterward, the author apologizes if anyone hates the book, and says it's not for them, but that maybe it is.....(for them)

Anyway, I found it engrossing (although I have to agree with Roxip, it was a VERY hard book to read) and it actually answered a lot of questions I had regarding MY relationship with God.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Chew, I didn't like it so don't feel alone. I would rather read something by Mitch Albom, kind of the same vein but better written, IMO anyway.

I just finished The Song Remains the Same by Allison Winn Scotch. Loved it.

I don't know what to read now. Something will grab me. I've got a bunch of review books which are not going to get reviewed before they come out.

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
When I say I knew what the "story" was, I guess what I meant was I knew what the "message" was. We actually read it as part of my church's Lenten bible study. We had some VERY interesting and differing points of views.

But I think that the thing about books like this: to make you think and discuss and share.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I knew what the story was going into it but it didn't make me feel anything that I thought I might. It's what makes reading so unique for everyone. We can all take different things from books and not always agree. And there are times where you feel exactly the same. That's why I love reading!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I just listened to 'The longest trip home'...by John Grogan and he reads it....I loved it...

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
My library has Dropped Names by Frank Langella and I am starting it tomorrow. This tell all is about movie stars in my day and age! Sounds like it will be a fun read.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm just starting the fourth Travelling Pants book and plan to get the fifth book when I'm done. Not rocket science but sweet books and love to spend that much time with the characters.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the Traveling Pants books very much. Have some tissue ready for the final one!

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
Has anyone read 50 Shades of Grey?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
SuperG, that looks good... I'm going to put it on my wish list. I saw Langella on Broadway in Dracula eons ago. He was rivetting. Also I'm a Whoopie Goldberg fan, and they were an item for quite a while.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey but I was talking to a friend who works for Chapters (big Canadian bookstore) and she was saying they were promoting it and were surprised at the interest. From what she told me it is pretty explicit.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I haven't read it either but everyone is talking about it. It is very sexual, from what I understand.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Loremma, I am still reading "11/22/63" because I have very little time to read it, but I find myself thinking about it all the time!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is that about the Kennedy assassination?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
sort of, Roxip, it's about going back in time to try and changing what happened. reminds me a little of the "Butterfly Effect"

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Boy, wouldn't we all love that opportunity!