TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Let's share...what are you reading????: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 29, 2012 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Too busy and wired lately to hunker down and read, but when I do, I think I'll crack open my brand new James Garner bio.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've been reading nonstop since I got my Kindle, but I read mostly thrillers and romance novels so it probably wouldn't be of interest to you (plus points if they are free...LOL!).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cheever isn't grabbing me, though I will return to it. Picked up a suspense/ice age/virus/threat to humankind book which is the deal of the day for kindle on Amazon, Ice Age for $.99 today only and think I'll give that a try when I finish the paper and a couple of magazines. if I can stay awake. Got my patient to and from her last radiation appt and worked out at Curves and the rain was starting but made it home.. now raining and I'm sort of sleepy.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Just finished Meg Cabot's book Insatiable. One i just picked off the shelf quickly and didn't really know what I was getting into. It's another youngish adult vampire book, but cute. A little suspense, a little romance, a little humor, a little human relationship/philosophy. There's a sequel, it appears, so I am sure I will read it. I do love a series!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just finished reading "Breathless" by Dean Koontz. It was different, for sure. I used to try to read all of Koontz's books, and Stephen King's, and I have read a lot of both, but fell behind the past ten years or so. I pick up most of my books at the library bookstore now. They are usually really cheap, and you don't have a due date to bring them back, although I always give them back for free.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I have that one on my TBR pile. I got it for a couple of dollars.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

This is a good website if you need suggestions on what to read to suit your taste.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Big departure from me. Reading...no, actually listening to....Seal Team Six. I've had a love for our Navy SEALs for some time, and while in some ways I would prefer that to be a fantasy the reality is certainly compelling. The story of what it takes to be a SEAL....the good, the bad and the ugly. And I am sure it is a sanitized and a somewhat politically correct version of the story.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks LC, I've bookmarked that site. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Finished Carol Burnett's Our Time Together and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was an unabridged audio she did herself, and it felt like she was just having a conversation with you. Perfect.

Still working on Open (Agassi) between piles and piles of paper.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finished Home Front, a very emotional read about what war does to the soldier and the family, during and returning. The soldier in this book was a wife and a mother.

I'm now starting The Life of Bright Ideas by Sandra Kring. I so loved her The Book of Bright Ideas and this revisits the wonderful characters from that book.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Haven't read a book in at least a couple of weeks, been too busy lately, and now I've started a blog. While my first 2 installments were personal, mushy things for Valentine's Day, I have several interviews in a more professional vein coming up with authors and actors, etc. Anyhow, my next blog will be with an award winning author I met a few years ago at a publishers' convention who wrote a memoir of her harrowing childhood. She has since become a dear friend, even if she's in Alberta and I'm in Ontario. My goodness but we've been known to burn up the phone lines. LOL.

Sorry, I digress, my point is that while I've read her book at least twice, it's been years. So I'll be rereading it, for refresher and note-taking purposes over the next day or so. Very excited about this 'project'. I'll be back once the blog is up with more detailed info, as I don't want to jinx myself right now. If you are interested in my blog, PM me for the link. I also have it listed on my Facebook page.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That sounds very ambitious and I'm duly impressed!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxi! I've had online sites before, but I tended to neglect them. This time I'm focussing on planning ahead so I have stuff to write about to keep it going. Just giving my over-30-year professional writing career the Heimlich, to resusitate it from stagnation. Wish me luck!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
How wonderful to have something you love to do - a double whammy! Loving to read, and loving to write - and apparently having the ability to write - you don't need luck when you have talent! Sounds like you are ready to make it a priority all by yourself but if you need us to help keep you accountable by all means...LOL!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Almost finished a fascinating story of a woman trying to find out who murdered her little sister.
http://bibliojunkie.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/sister-by-rosamund-lupton/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, I bought that one a few weeks ago. I've heard only good things about it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved A Life of Bright Ideas. I wasn't disappointed at all.

I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I'm getting my tissues ready.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Mamie--I have finished it and it was good. I never seem to be able to guess who did it, so I am always surprised at the end of a mystery.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished Ice Age.. was surprised to find this author had writte quite a few books. This one needed editing and tightening up for sure.

Starting a freebie about the Kindle Fire features.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Just finished a book that came out in 2007 but was a read for my book club. A short book. Debut book for author. I was so touched by it and continue to think about it.
The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
So vividly written you will be seeing pictures in your mind.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Posted my blog tonight about my author-friend and her book. Feel free to pm me for the link if you are interested. :-)

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Overdrive who supplies the ebooks and audios to download from...has just listed all the Harry Potter books in audio and ebook form!!

I you can check here and see if your library is listed. http://search.overdrive.com/classic

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Oh yea! They have been on my list to read. Can't believe I haven't done that yet.