TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: It is Oscar time!: Archive through February 28, 2011 users admin

Bisano

08-04-2010

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bisano a private message Print Post    
Both best leads deserved their Oscars. I wish Colin had paid tribute to the King whose story is even better than was portrayed.

Bisano

08-04-2010

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bisano a private message Print Post    
Down girl!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Bisano, I didn't see her movie but Annette Benning is always spectacular in her roles. She has been consistently terrific, which is why I was rooting for her over Portman whom I generally find to be pretty wooden.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Why did Reese Witherspoon present best supporting actor anyway? Was Mo'nique too busy or something?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe Monique had to shave her legs.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
LOL

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
The King`s Speech takes it! They are running late. I hope they do not cut off the chior.

Good Night All. See you here next year same time same place.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Now the kids from New York are going to sing!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Didn't see anyone else comment on it - but am I the only one who thought Oprah's dress made her bazoongas look HUGE?!? IMHO, she has a very pretty, curvy figure, but that top was not flattering.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
PS 22 - Best moment of the night.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
'Night all!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
One really odd thing that bothered me was Christain Bale. His hair was black but the beard was brown. It just looked fake. Yes the kids were the best moment of the night.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Teach, I saw her and thought "I never realized she was a big chested girl." The top of the dress did her no favors.

Yay for "The King's Speech." A wonderful film. I'm so glad it won.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I suspect the beard is for a movie, so it may have been dyed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, the top part of the dress looked like she had shoplifted in the produce section of the grocery store. But, she looked beautiful anyway.

Bisano

08-04-2010

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bisano a private message Print Post    
Night all!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed True Grit and think it absolutely deserved to be nominated.

Jennifer Hudson's boobs looked very odd to me.

Sandra looked beautiful, channeling Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman.

So many dresses I loved. Hillary, Haley, Sandra, all of Anne's.

didn't care for Nicole Kidman's or Mila Kunis.

Bisano

08-04-2010

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bisano a private message Print Post    
"I wish my life was a non stop hollywood movie show, a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes, because celluloid heroes never feel any pain, and celluloid heroes never really die!"
Ray Davies

Bisano

08-04-2010

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bisano a private message Print Post    
All my love to all of you!
jim

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Escappee, Jennifer Hudsons boobs looked 'real'...thats why they looks off to you...(isnt that sad)...I thought everyone looked beautiful tonight really...
It was not all that exciting, but def a good show to watch.... I love Anette Bening and I thought she looked amazing...she just seems to flow to me...Ive always felt like that about her since forever... there is just something.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think she's only just stopped breast feeding too. And lost weight. Both have an effect. Boy did she look good!

I enjoyed both hosts, though wish they'd actually done the Grease spot they teased about.

Is it just me or did we on the West Coast usually have to wait three hours to get the "live" Oscars? It was so good to be able to watch them early/on time and not have to wait until 11.30pm to find out what you'd read online three hours earlier.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Kitt said "I enjoyed both hosts, though wish they'd actually done the Grease spot they teased about."--Hmm, they teased about their doing Grease and one other film scene, what was it????

Now I realize that one reason I was disappointed in the hosting was that the teases were so much better than the real thing (that wardrobe malfunction tease was a riot!).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anne did a promo where she looked like she would be singing "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" and then did a rap thing... not sure if that's the one you mean.

I don't normally watch the Oscars but I watched it this time because of those two and because it was on earlier, but I agree, it was a bit disappointing, mostly just because they had teased so much more.

James Franco has already tweeted that he has to fly back to NY for class. That guy is dedicated!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
What class is James Franco taking?

Yes, Kitt, it was the "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" number I was trying to remember.

Not only were the promos really good, so was the number that Anne did with Hugh Jackman 2 years ago. So her spiteful solo this time bothered me also.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
There were several highlights for me. One was Celine Dion singing, "Smile". I thought Anne Hathaway had a good voice, and I was very surprised to see Zachary Levi sing. He has a good voice, too. The children's choir was excellent. I thought Reese Witherspoon's dress and hair the best of all of them. It was very flattering. There was something off with Sandra Bullock;s hair. Maybe it's too dark or something.
The con of the evening was James Franco. He just seemed stiff.

((Bisano))