TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 27, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: It is Oscar time!: Archive through February 27, 2011 users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
My picks.

King's speech for best picture. true grit should not be here.

Colin Firth for best actor. I would be ok if Javier Bardem wins but not Jesse Eisenberg or Jeff Bridges.

Geoffry Rush for supporting actor. But I think Christian Bale would win.

Best actress I don't have a pick. Natalie Portman will win so it does not matter. I did not like her in this film and probably could not name another film she was in.

Suporting actress. They were all amazing. Only dissapointment would be if the girl from True Grit wins.

Animated film will be toy story 3. it should not be in both catagories for best film and animated film. Dispicable Me should have been nominated.

Director, should go to King's speech. I never understand how the best movie cannot ahve the best director.

art, cinamatography and the such should go to Black Swan. I was not fond of the story. But purely as a film it was well done.

Documentry I loved Wasteland and would like to see it win. Hopefully it will bring more light to the charlty and the art.

Foreign film. I loved Incendies. If you can see this film please do. It is in 3 languages so there are subtitles. Unfortunately I think Biutiful will win. It is a shame because we left the theater and hubby and I saw different endings. My ending was possitive and his was negative. So the film had a few loose ends. i really really love foreign films.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Gal how did you like Inception? You need to post a pic of you in your gownless evening strap for all of us to see.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Pippin, after getting through the first 20 very confusing minutes I found the movie interesting, but not enough to stay up to the end (I was falling asleep when they got to the third level of the last dream and had had enough of the explosions and gunfire). Colossus stayed up to watch the whole thing hoping for a big-time twist to make it all worth the effort. I asked him this morning how it ended and how much longer it went on. He was very annoyed at having stayed up to watch the ending (it went on for another 50 minutes) and said he deserves a t-shirt for sticking with it to the end.

He also asked whether we were finished watching Oscar-nominated films because he's had enough between "The Social Network" and "Inception." LOL.

So I guess I'd say the movie wasn't a hit with us and I'm on probation with regard to movie choices for a while. Sigh.

I like your picks (but I haven't seen any of the documentaries - Colossus would kill me if I brought home "Exit Through the Gift Shop" now. I'm going to have to wait for some evening when he's gone). Inception's special effects were pretty spectacular, I'm guessing it will at least win an award for those. I didn't think "True Grit" was made of awesome, either.

Leo DiCaprio finally looked all-growed-up in "Inception." I keep wondering when he is going to deliver that role that finally brings him an Oscar. He really is a terrific actor.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Colossus has changed his reward for watching "Inception." Now he says HE deserves an Oscar for watching the whole thing. ROFL.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I agree Oscars all around for sitting through it. I hope Colossus made it to the real end. It was during the credits where you find out if it was a dream or reality. I will not spoil it but check the Inception thread if you really want to know.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I hate being on probation for picking films. Luckly I pick more better films then crap but I do lots of research. There is a lot of crap out there.

My hubby loves films based on true stories and I love foreign films so today we are seeing Des hommes et Des Dieux (Of Men and Gods). It was too late for this years Oscars but maybe next year.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I saw a news report about the Oscars. They said Meserine (part 1) should have been nominated. (another true story). I liked part 1 but part two was not as good. Anyone see it. It is about a french bank robber.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
tonight is the Razzies so i thought I would post the nominations:

The Razzie Awards winners will be announced on Saturday, February 26, the night before the Oscars.

The 31st Golden Raspberry Award nominees are:

WORST PICTURE:

The Bounty Hunter
The Last Airbender
Sex & The City 2
Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Vampires Suck

WORST ACTOR:

Jack Black (Gulliver’s Travels)
Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)
Ashton Kutcher (Killers, Valentine’s Day)
Taylor Lautner (Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Valentine’s Day)
Robert Pattinson (Remember Me, Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

WORST ACTRESS:

Jennifer Aniston (The Bounty Hunter, The Switch)
Miley Cyrus (The Last Song)
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon (Sex And The City 2)
Megan Fox (Jonah Hex)
Kristen Stewart (Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Valentine’s Day)
Cher (Burlesque)
Liza Minnelli (Sex And The City 2)
Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender)
Barbra Streisand (Little Fockers)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

Billy Ray Cyrus (The Spy Next Door)
George Lopez (Marmaduke, The Spy Next Door, Valentine’s Day)
Dev Patel (The Last Airbender)
Jackson Rathbone (The Last Airbender, Twilight Saga: Eclipse)
Rob Schneider (Grown Ups)

WORST EYE-GOUGING MIS-USE OF 3D (Special Category for 2010!):

Cats & Dogs 2: Revenge Of Kitty Galore
Clash Of The Titans
The Last Airbender
Nutcracker 3D
Saw 3D

WORST SCREEN COUPLE/WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE:

Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)
Josh Brolin’s Face & Megan Fox’s Accent (Jonah Hex)
The Entire Cast of The Last Airbender
The Entire Cast of Sex & The City 2
The Entire Cast of Twilight Saga: Eclipse

WORST DIRECTOR:

Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer (Vampires Suck)
Michael Patrick King (Sex And The City 2)
M. Night Shyamalan (The Last Airbender)
David Slade (Twilight Saga: Eclipse)
Sylvester Stallone (The Expendables)

WORST SCREENPLAY:

The Last Airbender (written by M. Night Shyamalan, based on the TV series created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Brian Konietzko)
Little Fockers (written by John Hamburg and Larry Stuckey, based on characters created by Greg Glenna & Mary Roth Clarke)
Sex And The City 2 (written by Michael Patrick King, based on the TV series created by Darren Star)
Twilight Saga: Eclipse (screenplay by Melissa Rosenberg, based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
Vampires Suck (written by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer)

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (Combined Category for 2010):

Clash Of The Titans
The Last Airbender
Sex And The City 2
Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Vampires Suck

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
yes I have seen most of these films also. But on TV few in the theater.

I agree with most of the nominations except Jessica Alba. I did not mind her in this film.

I really agree with the crappy 3D films. I am tired of 3D films they give me a headache.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I have never seen a 3D film and I intend to keep it that way. IMAX films make me nauseous and dizzy for an hour after seeing one (the first time I walked into an IMAX theater the room rotated on me and dropped me to my knees. Something about the configuration messed with my equilibrium). I don't want to test my luck with a 3D.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
The Razzie winners......

Worst Picture
* 'The Last Airbender'
'Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
'The Bounty Hunter'
'Sex & The City 2'
'Vampires Suck'

Worst Actor
* Ashton Kutcher: 'Killers' and 'Valentine's Day'
Gerard Butler: 'The Bounty Hunter'
Jack Black: 'Gulliver's Travels'
Robert Pattinson: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' and 'Remember Me'
Taylor Lautner: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'

Worst Actress
* The Four "Gal Pals": 'Sex & The City 2'
Jennifer Aniston: 'The Bounty Hunter'
Miley Cyrus: 'The Last Song'
Megan Fox: 'Jonah Hex'
Kristen Stewart 'Twilight Saga: Eclipse'

Worst Supporting Actor
* Jackson Rathbone: 'The Last Airbender,' and 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
George Lopez: 'Marmaduke,' 'The Spy Next Door,' and 'Valentine's Day'
Billy Ray Cyrus: 'The Spy Next Door'
Dev Patel: 'The Last Airbender'
Rob Schneider: 'Grown Ups'

Worst Supporting Actress
* Jessica Alba: 'The Killer Inside Me,' 'Little Fockers,' 'Machete,' and 'Valentine's Day'
Cher: 'Burlesque'
Liza Minnelli: 'Sex & The City 2'
Nicola Peltz: 'The Last Airbender'
Barbra Streisand: 'Little Fockers'

Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble
* The Entire Cast of 'Sex & The City 2'
The Entire Cast of 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
The Entire Cast of 'The Last Airbender'
Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler: 'The Bounty Hunter'
Josh Brolin's Face & Megan Fox's Voice: 'Jonah Hex'

Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake Or Rip-Off
* 'Sex & The City 2'
'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
'Clash of the Titans'
'The Last Airbender'
'Vampires Suck!'

Worst Eye-Gouging Use of 3D
* 'The Last Airbender'
'Cats & Dogs 2: Revenge Of Kitty Galore'
'Clash of the Titans'
'Nutcracker 3D'
'Saw 3D'

Worst Director
* M. Night Shymalan: 'The Last Airbender'
Sylvester Stallone: 'The Expendables'
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer: 'Vampires Suck'
Michael Patrick King: 'Sex & The City 2'
David Slade: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'

Worst Screenplay
* 'Last Airbender'
'Little Fockers'
'Sex & The City 2'
'Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
'Vampires Suck'

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's amusing that LAst Airbender won. My DD watches the cartoon all the time so we had to go see the movie. She loved the movie and I really enjoyed it as well! But I think she's young enough that she didn't mind all the faults of the movie, and I don't know enough about the cartoon to know better. I found it visually stunning and the story kept my interest (which I can't say about all kids films).

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Ok......so I was stuck running errands. Anyone see anything good on the red carpet?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I was wondering where you were. I've been following Roger Ebert's tweets. He's pretty entertaining.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Wow Jennifer Hudson looks amazing.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Not crazy about the Gold dress on Gwenyth Paltrow

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Robin Roberts looks great too. Jennifer Hudson was stunning.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
woohoo. Here we go!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
art direction......Alice in Wonderland should win

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
and it does

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Cinamatography. I am calling Black Swan.

Ooooh Inception won. i was sure it would not because it was mostly computer generated

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
supporting Actress my pick Melissa Leo

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
OOOOps someone was slow on the button! Melissa used the F word.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Oh wow she DID? I turned down the sound because the whole thing was making me cringe between Kirk flirting and Melissa doing the OK OK OK thing. Always glad to see Kirk Douglas but they should have brought him out for something different.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Favorite dresses: the chick from "Winter's Bone," Halle Berry and Reese Witherspoon (Reese's is my favorite of the three. Love her whole look tonight). And Halle Steinfeld looks like a princess. She is perfectly dressed for her age and the occasion.