TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 09, 2012 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Is Rookie Blue returning? One of my hubby's favorite new series.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Rissa, according to imdb.com, it is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442065/episodes

(Of course, I'm not sure if the "Original Air Dates" shown are for Canada, the US, or both. I assume season 3 will start in June 2012 because seasons 1&2 both started in june here in the US.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know how PBS really works, whether it's the same in all regions, but my local one is showing a season one Downton Abbey marathon (under the title Masterpiece Theatre) on New Year's Day and is starting the next season on the 9th.

For anyone who doesn't know it's a kind of upstairs/downstairs type drama set in 1918 and it's really good. (If you're new to it don't google too much, the finale just aired in the UK and you'll get spoiled!)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
List of marathons and specials going on over the new year at this link:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/new-years-2012-marathons-specials/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, just got my new EW magazine and it has a section about Downton Abbey. I can't wait for the new season!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm very excited too, I avoided spoilers all season until my mum said something about it a few days ago. I had to shout at her to stop talking!!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran. Sounds right to me too, I seem to remember it being a summer series.

Looking forward to Downton Abbey as well. Even though it is similar to the remake up Upstairs/Downstairs I enjoyed Downton much more.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anyone remember "21 Jump Street"?
Just opened my DVD set and started season 1. OMG it's the 80's!
Did we really wear those clothes? That hair?
Fun to pick out "before they were stars" in guest roles (so far Josh Brolin in episode 5, and Blair Underwood in episode 7). And to see familiar faces (albeit not names - you know the ones, frequent "guest stars on TV but never got famous types").

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I remember 21 Jump Street! That's pretty much where Johnny Depp got his start, wasn't it? Or, at least when he first got well-known.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In the mood for a marathon this weekend? There are 63 scheduled, you can see the full list here!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/30/idUS240022955820111230

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved 21 Jump Street and Johnny Depp. I bought one DVD last year on black Friday. I think it has 3 eps on it. Felt very dated, but fun to see Depp so young! Also, fun to see DeLouise.

FYI they are making a 21 Jump Street movie. It looks like it's mostly a comedy so I'm not so sure about it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Kar, thanks for posting that. TV has been so bad lately. At least I know if I can't find anything else, I have a Family Feud marathon!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, believe it or not I'm watching a golf marathon...

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the "21 Jump Street" movie looks like a comedy (saw a trailer this past weekend), co-written by Jonah Hill (one of the cops). Worried they will ruin the franchise like they did with the "Starsky & Hutch" movie.
Yes, Whoami, that's Johnny Depp's first big role. Holly Robinson & Peter DeLuise also got big from it. Dustin Ngyen didn't go far afterwards (that I remember).

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
SO glad that regular programming starts up again this week!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yea, I liked Holly Robinson from that show too. But I sure changed my opinion after I saw her on Celebrity Apprentice, and saw what a mean little snit she is in real life.

I should have seen the warning signs back then, when I read an interview with her, and I think she mentioned she sang the opening song on the show, but the producers wouldn't credit her with it cause nobody would believe someone like her had pipes like that. Or something to that effect. Or maybe it was that she wanted to sing the opening song, and they wouldn't let her, for the same reason. I just remember the gist was that she wanted to be recognized for being a good singer, and nobody would let her. FF to Celebrity Apprentice, and she had that same attitude, especially when someone was getting praised for having a talent she thought she could so just as well and probably better.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way Whoami. Liked her on 21 Jump street. Totally did not on Celebrity Apprentice! Glad she's gone from the Talk, not that I get to watch that much anyways.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 02, 2012 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Who and Brenda.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RUBY: I was thinking I hadn't heard anything new about this show. Has anyone heard if it will be back or how things are going?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I've obviously never heard of the show. Cause the first thing I did was scan several posts back to find a poster named Ruby, and see what show you might have been answering her about, so I could go check out the Futon Critic to see if they had any info. LOL.

Anyway, I'll assume you were asking the rest of us about a show called Ruby. If so, then according to The Futon Critic that show is cancelled and has completed airing all the shows of its final season.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Downton Abbey and I enjoyed it too. I highly recommend the Forsyte Saga and the Duchess of Duke Street.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The Firm - anyone watching? I missed the first 45 mins. Trying to play catch up. I like the actor playing the lead, also the actor playing his friend.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I watched The Firm last night - thoroughly enjoyed it. It was better than I thought it would be.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I watched The Firm too!! I have to say I was more entertained with twitter then the first hour of the show however it did pick up and im looking forward to Thursdays show!Not to fond of the wife but other then that I like the cast also!!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
For anyone who missed last nights premiere (or had a husband that changed the channel 58 minutes in)...it rebroadcasts on Saturday.