TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 04, 2010 users admin

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne I agree that it didn't go with Castiel's character. It seemed really out of place and wasn't humorous to me. I wish they'd quit dumming Castiel down, he's an Angel for God's sake!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Castiel said his urge to eat burgers was due to his host body's reaction to Famine. Given what other hungers were witnessed in the episode, I think his was pretty tame.

I completely agree with Ahnicka in that they need to quit using Castiel as comic relief. He is a very powerful being, and would have easily adjusted to life on earth by now.

Has anyone heard if this show is ending this season, or if it is renewed for another?

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I've forgotten, what exactly is Dean's reason for not wanting to be a vessel for Michael?

Dean doesn't exactly want to be alive, he doesn't really want to fight anymore, he wants badly to make amends for torturing souls when he was in hell, and he wants his side to win this war, so what is his opposition to permitting Michael to use him? Michael said he would return his body in good condition when he's done, so somewhere along the way I've forgotten why Dean is opposed to this. I can see why Sam would be, but I don't understand why Dean is, especially since he feels so guilty about torturing souls and would like to make amends. Does anyone know Dean's reason for not wanting to?

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I don't remember if he gave a specific reason why but the impression I've gotten is that 1) he thinks the angels are, in his words, d*cks, and neither trusts nor likes most of them; 2) he wants to stay human and in control of himself; 3) he doesn't want to fight Sam and if he allows Michael in, Michael would no doubt go after Sam; 4) he's trying to prevent the battle - even though he seems to realize that may be a futile endeavor - because he believes no matter which side wins, the world will suffer. So instead of choosing between Michael & Lucifer's sides, he & Sam are trying to form a third front.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Calamity! But Michael said he'd return control of Dean to himself afterward, that he wouldn't wear him down like the demons do humans. Also, wouldn't it make sense to let Michael in so that he could go after lucifer while lucifer is in a body that can barely contain him? That way Michael has more of an advantage to defeating lucifer while he's weakened before he gets to Sam?

It just seems strange to me that Dean went through all those motions to atone for what he did in hell and never felt better, but the one humongous thing he could do for mankind and the spirit world which might alleviate his guilt, he refuses to do. I'm not understanding why he's so against it. It seems like a win win for him.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Dean and Sam are descendants of Cane and Abel(sp)

They are the chosen vessels for the ultimate battle of good and evil between Michael and Lucifer.

Good luck with that crazy sh**!

Dolphinschild

06-21-2006

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
From what I understand if Dean allows Michael to take over the battle with Michael and Lucifer puts Sam and Dean against each other. Dean don't want to be the vessel that kills his brother. Either way one brother will die at the hands of the others as vessels, plus Dean never liked being out of control, so being someones puppet as he puts it doesn't appeal to him. Plus Sam and Dean hopes if each holds out a 3rd outcome is possible. that is what I got out of it.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Ahnicka: If we look at this practically rather than dramatically, I think Dean's holding out so that would be a storyline for this season, which was supposed to be the final year although it's since been renewed for another.

And yeah, Dean doesn't seem that fond of hearing that it's his & Sam's fate to battle each other so that just makes him all the more determined to try to thwart the angels' plan. And I wonder if he fears that John was right - that he might have to kill Sam someday and he just can't face that.

I think Dean felt damned even before he went to hell. And while he longs for grace, he mistrusts the angels enough that he's willing to give up a chance for it to protect others.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
But what I'm thinking is that if Dean allows Michael in now, Michael can get to lucifer while lucifer is still in an imperfect vessel and then Michael will have more of an advantage. If Dean waits until Sam lets lucifer in, then Dean will definitely wind up allowing Michael in and the playing field will be equal, but if done now, Sam still wont let lucifer in and Michael inside of Dean has the advantage. If this is a battle, why not overtake your enemy while he's weakened; thus Michael/Dean vs. lucifer/other guy. It's better to allow Michael to beat lucifer to their respective vessels, because it seems inevitable it's going to happen anyway so why not beat lucifer to the punch. Afterall, Sam was easily tricked and succumbed to Ruby so why wouldn't he eventually succumb just as easily or be tricked just as easily by lucifer. Coupled with Dean's desire to save the world and make amends, I just don't get what his issue is with it. The fact that Dean thinks Angels are d*cks, as he calls them, just seems like a weak reason compared with the other positives this could provide. But perhaps I'm being overly analytical again. Given all of that, I just couldn't remember why he was resisting, I lost sight of his reason(s). Thank you all for answering.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Some major ick in this last show but another clever epi title. I remember when my mom took my brother & me to see Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

Anyway, this was a sad show. Scary Zachariah's back next week so I hope that means Castiel will be too.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree, it was a very good episode, but sad, not to mention major gross-out factor. I thought the Sheriff was going to be a new person that helps them, maybe they'll call on her at another time. I liked that character, so I hope she returns.

The devil will do anything to get Sam and Michael anything to get Dean, maybe next will be the beginning of some new big battle with Zachariah at the helm--yikes. Castiel will have to return to help them, hope so too. It looks like a good episode, though.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Can someone explain to me what death or satan's logic is that by breaking Bobby it would somehow make Sam say yes to being the devil's vessel? It went over my head, I'm not seeing how that would make Sam agree to it.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this is why, but I thought satan wanted to kill or break Bobby, to get him out of the picture. Bobby is a big help, and support system to Sam and Dean. And without him there, they don't have a sounding board, or someone who can help them refocus, or even ideas for situations, etc.

Dolphinschild

06-22-2006

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
I agree Stormie, Bobby is a father figure to them and has been for years, to lose him is to break their spirit.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Stormie and Dolphinschild. I thought of that, but it seemed like too far of a stretch. But you two are probably right.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I also think it has to do with how Bobby helps Sam & Dean. Plus, remember how Zachariah almost killed Sam and Bobby while trying to convince Dean to cooperate by letting Michael in? I think they call that "friendly persuasion" and probably both sides are willing to use it. Threatening those important to the brothers to get Sam/Dean to do what they want.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'm completely lost when I watch this show now. I liked the trip to heaven, but have no idea what the bigger picture is anymore.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I'm lost about that scene with their mother and she was saying all those hurtful things to Dean, then cuddling up with that awful bald angel!

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I'm sooooooo glad it's not just me feeling a bit lost! I was also a bit disappointed in last night's episode because it seems to be getting a little disrespectful towards those who are of the Christian or other faiths, or who believe the Bible. I know it's just a show, but that angel last night just seemed to be quite the contrary of what an angel in the Bible is about. Sure they smite people, but not God's chosen unless its so ordered by God. They're all so rebellious and angels are anything but according to Christian doctrine or the Bible. That angel admitted to being petty and willing to torture Dean and Sam, so what makes an angel different from lucifer and his demons? I never had a problem with the ruthlessness of Uriel or anything really until now, maybe because I'm just now seeing it or maybe because it's becoming too much, but it seemed to me that last night's angel (forgot his name) kind of crossed the line.

Also, it came across as disrespectful because for those who believe in the Bible or are of the Christian or some other similar faith, it is stated that God will never leave you. Once you're "saved," as they're saying Dean is, then why would God abandon him. Perhaps it was all a lie or illusion, but the show just seems to be really sticking it to people of certain faiths. I certainly hope they are not turning this show into a personal vendetta against Christians, Bible believers or people of certain faiths and religions. I'm not interested in watching some personal "screw you and your religion," flipping you the middle finger mentality played out on tv to those who are of certain faiths. It's discourteous and disrespectful. I'm losing sight of what the big picture is, I certainly hope the powers that be aren't as well.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I don't like Jenson Ackles acting anymore either. He's always so indignant and accusatory about everything. Maybe it's the way the character of Dean is written, but he annoys me.

The angels are like the Mafia now. I can only think that the writers think this is great stuff. It's not an "all about God" show, it's a "getting rid of demons" show. I like this genre to be fairly straightforward and not asking too many big theological questions. The boys need to take their shirts off more. There, I'm happy!

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I agree, it's not an "all about God" show nor do I want it to be about asking/answering big theological questions, but if they're going to use the background and doctrine of a particular religion or their holy book then why be so disrespectful. If you're going to make God the Father out to be an a** who doesn't care about His creation, then at least introduce Jesus to the mix who is all about sacraficing God's creation, or go back to making it about demons. I don't have a problem with how they were conducting the show with demons and renegade angels and stuff, but if you're going to be so obvious about using a particular faith or religion, then must you be so disrespectful to it. Like I said, I was fine with it up until last night. Last night just seemed to cross a line into blatant eff you territory to certain religions and I find that disrespectful. It almost seems on purpose since they're obviously using a particular religion as opposed to other religions. The storyline may later start to make big picture sense, but right now, as of last night, I can see how it could come across as a bit offensive.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I didnt feel like someone was giving me the middle finger about the show. Its just a tv show and they are throwing into the mix some new ways of looking at heaven God and the world. Its certainly not your average person's viewpoint, but its interesting in a "what if" kind of way. And it certainly makes the average person who watches this think about God, Angels and Heaven--something I am sure the average tv viewer doesnt do much of.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's being "disrespectful" to any religion. It's just coming up with different interpretations of christian mythology. Every christian denomination seems to interpret the bible differently, so why can't the producers of a TV show about demons and Lucifer come up with their own interpretation?

It's not "disrespectful" to question or re-interpret religious mythology for entertainment. It's just a different take on a collection of stories that have been interpreted and reinterpreted over and over for millennia.

Personally, I would say it's disrespectful to disallow someone else's interpretation....it's just as valid as anyone else's.

IMHO

(I'm not trying to step on any toes - I'm just looking at this from the perspective of an atheist that enjoys the show, even if it's full of religious theories that I don't personally believe in.)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just watched last week's episode. I don't see any disrespect. God and Heaven's Angels are actually characters in a show...to me, that's respect in and of itself. I'm just enjoying the show, and I'm glad it got a 6th season. I liked the idea that we all get our own special heaven.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
saying the words Christian Mythology is deeply offensive to people who believe in christianity. it is very disrespectful to blatantly call someone's belief in their truth Nothing but a myth.

so i'm not the least bit surprised that offense wasnt seen in the show.

I'm with the previous posters who have a christian background and beliefs.

Not a myth }for us, thx for your opinion. Freedom of choice means that i respect the }right to believe whatever a person wishes