TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2010 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Very sad....I wasnt expecting Jo and her mom to die like that. And the burning of the photo of them all, at the end was very poignant.
I cant imagine whats going to happen next, but I'll bet its going to be very bad.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
This was a great episode. I laughed when Castiel was doing the shots (I think I feel something lol)

I cried when Jo and her mom died

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yep, I bawled. I dont like Death scenes especially long drawn out ones where someone is suffering.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Very emotional episode. Wish they didn't have to die, but there are always casualties in war.

Crowley wasn't Alastair, after all. I got that one wrong, although Alastair Crowley was once dubbed "the most evil man who ever lived".

Scout

01-20-2005

Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I finally got a chance to catch up on this episode, and it was definitely an emotional one.
I wish they hadn't killed off Ellen and Jo. I especially liked Ellen, and I think she added a lot to the show.

It was kind of funny when the devil yelled "ow" so loud when he got shot with the Colt, only to then see him completely heal. I'm curious, though, why his body had all those lesions and he said his suit was failing, why it didn't heal the way the bullet wound did.

Crowley did turn out to be a surprise.

It's always a better episode for me when Bobby's in it.

Trueheart

09-12-2006

Friday, December 04, 2009 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trueheart a private message Print Post    
Trueheart - I know you posted the link to that video back in July, but I just watched it and it was great!

Oh no problem! Glad you enjoyed, it's one of my favorite SPN fanvids.

I wasn't sure about the thing at the end when the when the fake Sam and Dean turned out to be partners. Dean seemed a little homophobic for a minute there and that kind of disappointed me. It's 2009, can't we move past the whole using gay people for a punch line thing?

I could be wrong but I think his reaction was more about the fact that they were gay together and they were portraying Sam and Dean as brothers. I think Kripke has been doing a lot of playful swiping at the huge part of fandom that ships Wincest. So I think it was supposed to be more along the lines of Kripke joke last season about Sam/Dean where Dean is all "They do know we're brothers right?". I think this is just one more way for Kripke to take a poke at those of us in fandom that ship the brothers together. *shrugs* Heck I didn't find it offensive and I ship them. ;)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Some really gross stuff last night (I gagged when Sam was examining the body and that instrument just kept going in - but at least it prompted me to look away from the screen before he removed the top of the skull). It was an okay episode though. But what about the girl and Martin (was that his name?)? I know Sam & Dean were in a hurry but they just left them. Hope they're alright.

Speaking of Martin - as soon as I heard his voice, I thought, "Is that Lazlo from Real Genius?!". I don't know if it was but it reminded me that I'd heard Val Kilmer might make a sequel to RG. I really liked that movie but don't know about a sequel. I can't believe that was 25 years ago. Back then I couldn't even imagine being 25 years old and, well, that's come and gone. Yikes, lol.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Calamity, Martin was played by Jon Gries, and yes, he was in "Real Genius". He also played Broots on "The Pretender" and he even played the father of Ben Linus on "Lost"!

http://www.tv.com/jon-gries/person/1963/appearances.html?tag=mini;content_nav

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
And let's not forget Jon Gries genius performance as Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks and wow - I hadn't recognized him on Lost!

Scout

01-20-2005

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this episode. I loved the way they told the true story of themselves in order to appear crazy enough to be admitted.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Yayyy, we finally got to meet Michael! I really enjoyed this episode.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It was so weird and amazing for Dean and Sam to meet their parents. That speech John made about what kind of parent would expose their kids to this stuff gave me shivers. And to see Dean and Sam try to make their mother leave so they would never be born, was hearbreaking.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyable show this week. The actor who plays Sam and Dean's father when he was young played his role very well. Loved meeting Michael as well Cable!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The actor who played Sam and Dean's father when he was young has presence. He could be a star if he applies himself and goes for it.

It was a great episode. What the guys were willing to give up is unfathomable. And Michael is cool. Kind of an a-hole but cool.

The thought that the Winchester clan is descended from the the biblical Cain and Abel family is wild.

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope - I thought the whole Cain and Abel thing was pretty interesting.

It was a good episode. I always like the family flashbacks. I agree that the actor playing their dad does have a presence. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him in different things.

Scout

01-20-2005

Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
They've had some gory episodes before, but this one has to rank right up there with the goriest. Espcially at the beginning.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Supernatural is showing all day on TNT. Don't miss it!

Scout

01-20-2005

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Nyheat - I wish I'd seen your post earlier today.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Saw a few of the Supernatural marathon episodes. Took me back.

Regarding the new episode: Famine was a bit**, wasn't he?

Dean's plea at the end was bit odd...he has an Angel on his side, and he could accept Michael and bring true victory for the good guys...who is he asking for help?

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Wasn't he asking God?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, February 19, 2010 - 2:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
The famine episode was so gross--never saying 'I'm hungry again,' lol. I thought he was asking God too, but I wonder if Michael will show up instead. It will be awful if satan uses the pain Sam is in withdrawing, and takes that moment to get him to say yes. It's going to be interesting to see who will actually show up.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
The show on in my area was "The Curious Case of Dean Winchester (2009 season.)

Sam and Dean discover that a witch is running a high-stakes poker game where the currency is life years vs. money. Bobby sees the game as a chance to get out of the wheelchair and bets 25 years, but loses. As Bobby begins to age rapidly, Dean steps in to save him but also ends up turning into an old man, leaving Sam holding the only hopes for their survival.

The stand out in the episode was the actor playing the warlock, Hal Ozsan. droool He out-hotted the boys by a mile. Must be the accent.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, February 19, 2010 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
God is either dead or missing, according to the Angels in this show. I guess we'll see.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
or apathetic.

This show is kinda skirting the Blasphemous anyways. i think the writers are trying hard to leave any actual God character out of the mix.

i liked this last episode as it delved a bit more into what makes the boys tick. Not sure I liked cassias gorking down all those burgers, it didnt go with his character but i find he is often used as the comic relief now that things arent the same flippant lighthearted ways with Dean n Sam.

So which of the Horsemen havent we seen? Famine, check- War, Check- pestilence?? i dont think so and what was the last one?

LOL I 'll have to search. pestilence war famine and death. But it looks to be all up to interpretation and there is no solid consensus depending on what religion a person is.