TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 07, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 07, 2009 users admin

Scout

01-20-2005

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Sam literally in bed with the devil was pretty creepy.
The episode did feel like a lot was left out. The whole Sam and the other hunters storyline made almost no sense. While I like the interactions with Cass and Dean, they could have left out a few and explained the other storyline better.

I agree they're setting up for a big confrontation with good and evil, Dean and Sam representing. Makes for some good set-ups, but I want the brothers fighting together, and not each other.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I like that Jacob on "Lost" is now Lucifer on "Supernatural". Somehow it just seems to fit.

Scout

01-20-2005

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought that was cool, too.
They've had quite a few crossovers.
So far, Jacob and his nemesis - the dark guy, both have been on this season. And of course, first season, the evil marshall that nabbed Kate was Yellow Eyes.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
guess I'm the only one who wishes they would ahve left "God" and their interpretation of religion out of the series.

Its almost like they are jumping on the christian bandwagon to try to gain more of a fanbase.

their twisted versions of Biblical history and stuff kinda bugs me but I did like castiel and the way he used to interact with Dean.

I wasnt sure about the last episode which was supposed to be five yrs in the future and the angel had become a drugged up horny sleazoid LOL

now Dean and Sam are finally back together and the show can get back on track.

getting really tired of the "is God Dead" plotline. Hopefully things will take a new track

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne, do you really think they're on the Christian bandwagon to gain a Christian fanbase? I ask because I think some devout Christians would be in an uproar about this plotline and the way it's being carried out.

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I definitely don't think they are jumping on a Christian bandwagon. I'm actually kind of puzzled how you would get that?

Their interpretations of God are a little unsettling to me since they question Him so much, which is pretty much where I am on my personal journey. I don't think God is dead, but sometimes I wonder if He really exists.

I laughed very hard at Dean taking Castiel to a whorehouse because only Dean would try to get an angel laid.

I also thought it was pretty funny that the President 5 years in the future was Palin. That would definitely be a sign of end times for me! :P

I want the brothers to fight together, too. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Cablejockey, sometimes I miss the old days, but I don't think the series could have sustained itself this long just on that.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I don't think they're on a Christian bandwagon either and I don't believe the whole God is dead storyline. The only thing I find a little unrealistic if they were really following the Christian doctrine is that they have the angels doubt God so much and question God's methods. From my interpretation that is not biblical because only the fallen angels did that, not the angels that are supposed to be followers of God; i.e. Castiel, etc. Biblically, angels don't question God, they just do what they're Father tells them. So I really don't think it's on a Christian bandwagon because devout Christians would probably be very upset by some of the plotline. Some of the plot does seem to follow biblically though, but not all.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
obviously my choice of words was not exactly what i meant LOL

I meant more like that the show is skirting religion and i question the reasons why.

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I guess they are incorporating religion because the demon storyline led down that path.

I find the whole angels versus demons thing rather compelling, actually, even if it doesn't fit with my own personal beliefs now or in the past when I was more active in church.

I actually really like Castiel as a character. His and Dean's relationship cracks me up.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I have a crush on Castiel LOL. I enjoy the storyline, and I agree, I think it's one avenue of where the demon path was or has to lead to in order for the show to evolve and sustain itself. You can't have darkness without light, hell without heaven, demons without angels, etc. Plus they'd already explored so many other urban legends and folklore, so to avoid tapping into this one would seem odd to me.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I have a crush on Castiel LOL."

Then you might get a charge out of this clip....

Misha Collins (Castiel) did a guest spot on Nip Tuck that was pretty R rated due to language and content....but it was also very funny! He plays man with a peculiar problem and he goes to the NIp Tuck plastic surgeons for help in solving it.

Here is a youtube of his story arc on the only episode of Nip Tuck he was in:

WARNING! This video contains adult language and frank, sexual discussions but there is no nudity.

Watch at your own risk....and gain a brand new perspective on Castiel!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAhHVRLoDU

edited to add - Here is a short clip of Collins discussing that role during a Q&A somewhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqOkG6Kky4M&feature=related

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Oooohhhhhhhhh thanks Sanfran!!

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
No nudity???? Then it's not with my time!

Seriously, would love to watch but Youtubes are rarely captioned.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Paris Hilton, huh? That was actually pretty amusing. And Dean's line about "House of Wax" was pretty funny considering Jared Padelecki was one of Hilton's co-stars in that movie. Nice departure from the whole apocalypse arc.

Scout

01-20-2005

Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
That was a pretty funny episode. When you think of heroes - Lincoln, Ghandi and Paris Hilton.

You're right, Lycanthrope - that was a good nod to "House of Wax".

I always like it when they throw in a more light-hearted episode. I don't really have a problem with the apocalypse story, but it's always nice to have some urban legends or lore mixed in - more like Supernatural when it started out.

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Not a bad episode, but I was kind of hoping the Trickster was making a reappearance.

Loved the Castiel action figure.

Dean was pretty funny when he was telling Jesse he was like a superhero - the kid asks him if it's like X-Men - and Dean says they even have the guy in the wheelchair. I think Bobby is way more awesome than Professor Xavier, though.

I wonder why there haven't been more anti-Christs born? What would stop all the demons from mating with humans and creating a more powerful, most-probably evil new force?

The kid playing Jesse was excellent. I hope we see more of him.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
What a terrific episode last night! Laugh-out-loud moments mixed with some bluntly honest ruminations about aging, death, and fate (not as in destiny but as in what one goes through in one's life). Supernatural may not be known for deep character development but I think this epi showcased how deft & believable Sam & Dean's characters have become in spite of the series' otherworldly circumstances. And their interaction with Bobby was a real highlight. Even Patrick was an engaging and rather complex adversary - which made him both rather likable and dangerous/frightening. Sure, there may have been plot holes and questions left but I enjoyed the epi too much to care.

Dean thinking he was having a heart attack only to have Bobby tell him it was acid reflux, Dean telling Sam what he thought the clapping meant, Sam telling Dean & Bobby they were like Grumpy Old Men, and best of all, Dean dancing the jig...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I loved the episode, too. Rarely are the bad guys sympathetic, but they definitely were in this one, especially the woman who missed her family and buried her elderly daughter.

That guy that played Ben did very well. He should be used in further episodes.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I loved old Dean! For an old man, he had appeal! It drove me crazy wondering who he really was because his voice was famliar, so I looked the episode up and found that old Dean was Chad Everett who starred in Medical Center in the 70s. Now he's in his 70s--lol.
I loved the Patrick character too and hope we run into him again.

Scout

01-20-2005

Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
That was Chad Everett?? I knew he looked familiar, but I would never have placed him.
This was a great episode. But I was really hoping that Bobby was going to be able to walk again. I feel so bad for him.

It was interesting to have the bad guy be sympathetic - losing on purpose so the old man could go to his granddaughter's bat mitzvah.
I'd like to know more about what he actually was, how he got his power, etc.
I wonder why he couldn't have just given the girlfriend's daughter more years and kept her young also, unless she wanted no part of it?

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I'm in the minority. I found the episode on the boring side. I'm sorry! The bad guy didn't interest me at all. He just got on my nerves. I found his girlfriend much more compelling. I did laugh when Dean came out of the apartment, young again, and jumped and clicked his heels.

Scout

01-20-2005

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I liked the guy that played Patrick, but when he played the bad guy, Michael Cassidy, on Kyle XY, I really hated the actor.
It's interesting how certain episodes can be favorites, hated or something in between. I know sometimes I'll like or dislike an episode depending on what kind of mood I'm in. If life's been heavy, a lighter (funny that on this show anything less than the actual apocalypse is lighter) episode seems really appealing. And vice-versa.
Best thing about message boards, I think, is just seeing how everyone else saw it.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
OKAY this last episode Had me practically falling off the chair laughing.

Since Supernatural plays a couple of diff times a week I wont spoil but WOW, loved the comedic concept.

truly this is why i like the show. the first season kinda lost me cause it seemed to try to take itself too seriously. These occasional goofy episodes is why I watch the show.

Poor Castiel during the show. Cracked me right up at how he comes in and leaves.

the comment about Prettyboy Angels was well timed. this show has great writers.

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
That was so much fun. I've been waiting for the Trickster to return, but never would have guessed his true identity.

I loved all the tv shows they were parodying. Especially Grey's Anatomy. When they show up at Seattle Mercy with Dr. Sexy and the "seriously, seriously" I totally cracked up. Also at the scruffy bearded ghost guy that only the one neurotic nurse could see. And the fact that their Dad was the one who played the ghost on Grey's - classic.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I liked the parody of CSI: Miami's David Caruso. They really played up the sunglasses thing and the wisecracks about dead bodies. I was cracking up.

Knight Rider was good, too.