TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through September 12, 2023 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2023 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Succession is worth finishing up. I think the writing is very raw and the acting also raw and top notch. It's not a pleasant ride, but I think the actors did a fantastic job of portraying miserable, conniving, insecure and ego driven people. Kind of peeling away the curtain from the public polished spectacle these kind of people put forth -- the ugly truth.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 09, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I agree, Brenda. Succession is a favorite of mine. There are only one or two characters I root for because it's a show about entitled villains.

I watched 6 eps yesterday so I'll finish the final 4 eps today. It's an example of delicious retribution against those who usually "get away with it". It's even better to finish this on the same day a real life entitled villain is being indicted on 37 counts!

LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 09, 2023 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I haven't started the final 4 eps yet but it just occurred to me that I don't know if any retribution kicks in! I was just assuming it will because they all deserve it so much and this is the final season...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 10, 2023 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Just finished Succession. I loved all the back stabbers finding daggers in their own backs after they stabbed someone but before they stabbed some else! I've never seen so much power shift back and forth so many times in a single episode. I was satisfied at the end...but I had always wanted to see Greg end up in the big chair after all the pushing around he got over 4 seasons.

Well done.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 10, 2023 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded all four episodes of Burden of Proof. It's the true story of a man who went searching for his sister (and the truth as to what happened to her) who went missing in 1987. Has anyone watched it yet? Is it worth watching?

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Lexie - I liked it, but I really like that sort of documentary. The case is interesting. If I have a criticism, it probably could have been done in two episodes. They kind of beleaguered some things without giving you any new info really. But overall I enjoyed it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I watched it too and agree, it probably could have been edited tighter and told quicker. Once again the streaming bloat where you don't have to fit into a timeslot. But I'm glad I watched. It was interesting.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks... I will give it a shot. It sounds like Dateline and 20/20 where they could do their shows in an hour instead of two. It drives me crazy - especially with the poorly done re-enactments that just waste time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, annoys me too how they milk they shows to fill 2 hours. Also how they pre-tell key parts of the story in the intro to lure people in. I don't want to be spoiled and they are often spoiling! I usually craft and have those shows on in the background from the dvr so i can FF a lot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh Dateline and 20/20! I record them but really there are times when I realize I have just tuned it out.. that one guy has the kind of voice that puts me to sleep. And then sometimes they do a shorter version on Nightline, but always after I've seen the 20/20. But very bloated. Background shows for sure but then I might be tuned out and just delete the whole thing.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'll give props to 48 Hours. Their shows are only one hour and aren't "bloated" (love that word Seamonkey) with filler.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have nothing against 2 hour shows if we get content for the two hours..

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If you have Max, I saw a really interesting documentary called Bama Rush, it is about The travails of trying to get into a Sorority at University of Alabama. Fascinating to watch.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I have that on my wishlist, Maris, but haven't sat down to watch it yet. Thanks for the recommendation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Funny.. I was never in a sorority. In the dorm at Berkeley our floor was all first year students, some had transferred in a juniors but mostly freshmen. We had the house mother on our floor and two upper division RAs.

Anyway there were two girls who were roomies and were going through rush week and all I remember of them was how wasted they were each morning after. I assume they pledged, as they disappeared after that.

I will have to see if I have access to that documentary. I have HBO.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nope.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
This latest episode of “And just like that” is tough to watch yet with positive moments…

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The grief in the series is palpable at times.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just saw the first episode of the first season. I avoided it bc of all the reviews of it trying too hard to be woke. Yes, indeed it was, but I think I’ll continue to watch anyway. And now Big, and then Miranda and Steve, I guess it won’t be too light hearted. SJP looks great. They all do. I definitely miss Samantha.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recordings of Burden of Proof and all I can say is I sure didn't see it ending the way it did.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
re succession. I worked on a project in LA and one of the bu ildings I had to move everyone out of and clear out the building may seem familar to some of you. It was the building they filmed as the the succession head office. The limousine pulled up and they all rushed to the boardroom. The building was empty as I had moved everyone out. studio plaza, link

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You moved everyone out temporarily for their filming, or you'd moved everyone out for something else, and they just made use of the fact it was empty?

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Just made use because it was empty. Moved everyone out to new Warner Brothers Headquarters

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That must have been quite an undertaking!

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
It was, two summers of my life. Flew home this past Saturday.