TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 08, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through June 08, 2023 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Everything Everywhere All At Once was clever and interesting, but I thought it got very repetitive and I lost interest too.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Everything Everywhere All at Once was one strange film. I think what saved it for me was the acting. Some great performances. The awards do seem to go to the oddest films.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was an odd film and if I had watched it at home I probably would have wandered to my phone or other distractions. I saw it in the theater and it engaged me. Made me laugh and cry.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Didn't care for it at all. But, because of the reviews, I really tried. But the more I watched, the less I enjoyed it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I tried less.. I had not read reviews, just saw it listed on HBO ( or Showtime?)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Succession is back tonight for the final season. Yay!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch the new series on Hallmark that started last night? It is called Ride and is about a Rodeo family in Colorado. I liked it so far.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Sorry, not HBO. I thought I was on the Premieres thread.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Reminder: Barry is returning for its 4th and final season on Sunday 16

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 22, 2023 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just started watching Succession. I've seen 6 episodes and am not impressed. The writing is lazy, crass and predictable. So far there is not a likeable character. I saw an article that it gets better after the first season but am wondering if it is worth continuing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 22, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I honestly didn't watch closely the first season, but this show has grown on me. The dialogue is sharp and fast and I think the acting is top notch. I don't think it's a show for everyone, but I'm hooked and look forward to sunday nights to see the next episode.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I finally started watching Succession, watching the last season. There is a scene where there is an overview of Burbank, They are all going into this meeting at a building, marching up to the door and into a conference room. I was so surprised because that is where I am working every day. I am in LA, working in Warner Brothers Studio Plaza building across the street from the Tour building and that is the building they are showing. I was like wow.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just watched the Succession finale. Predictable. I firmly think this series has been terribly overrated.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I loved it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I appreciated Succession. The writing and acting were really good. Several unforgettable characters. I'm going to miss their miserable lives.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Meant to elaborate that I loved the cinematography in the finale. So many beautiful artistic shots and scenic sets.

I ended up getting quite sick after the finale. Still don’t feel right. I must be purging all the evil Succession people from my system. Haha

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
This is strictly my opinion but I felt that in the same way that an action film provides various ways and locations for gratuitous blow-up scenes, Succession provided conversation after conversation in various locations where nothing is really said beyond providing gratuitous opportunities to put each other down. Acting was great but I am on the terribly overrated team beyond that. The scenery was pretty . . . .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Being Mary Tyler Moore sounds like a good documentary. I have set it to record.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, it was terrific, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh great! It certainly looks promising. It is set to record tomorrow morning at 9:30am, so I can watch it later.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I finally started watching the final season of Succession the other day. It's so dark and depressing (and confusing), I'm not sure I can continue with it. Was it worth it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And Just Like That… season 2 premieres June 22. But I believe it's on Max.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I binged Succession over the past week and a half. If f*ck and d*ck weren't words, there would be very little dialog. The story kept me watching, but I'm glad it's over, lol. I did enjoy Greg's character. He was the comic relief even though he didn't mean to be. It would be useful to have someone to Greg for you. Babyjaxmom, the story gets more complex but is dark, depressing and confusing all the way through the end.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
No, Succession is not worth your time.

The dialog is crass as mentioned, if all the swearing was removed the scripts would have struggled to stretch to 3 pages.

Every episode is essentially the same. How can I screw over everyone else? IMO, there was only 1 little surprise during the entire series.
Who the successor ends up being was not at all surprising, I think there were only 2 possible choices, one even sillier than what they did.

Nothing about Succession was clever, innovative or particularly interesting. The acting of the major characters was pretty bland and boring. A few minor characters were more interesting but not used as much as they should have been.

There have been comparisons between Shakespeare and Succession however, I believe that is all Much Ado About Nothing

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 08, 2023 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mame, terrific is exactly what that was! People article went into more detail about how blind she was due to diabetic retinopathy in her later years.