TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Oscars 2023 : Archive through March 12, 2023 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, I’ve already cried twice watching the best supporting actor and best supporting actress acceptance speeches. Both were soooo good.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ke Huy Quan Best supporting actor
Jamie Lee Curtis. Best supporting actress
Both for Everything everywhere all at once.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I cried too, Kookliebird. The show is really good tonight!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep lol...me too

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I Like when they clearly speak from the heart. I think Jamie Lee Curtis was long overdue. She’s one of those actresses who is always so good and natural at acting, she often gets overlooked at awards time. When she mentioned her mom and dad…. Tears.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
How about the singing of Happy Birthday to the actor from An Irish Goodbye who has Down's Syndrome? The joy on his face as he held the award and was serenaded by the whole audience was so touching. His name is James Martin.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, it’s just such a relaxed broadcast so far this year.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was rooting for Barry Keoghan to win for an Actor in a Supporting Role.
I disliked Everything Everywhere All At Once immensely. I do think Ke Huy Quan was the best part and only redeeming bit of that movie. He certainly was happy and overjoyed winning and conveyed that during his heartwarming speech.
I wasn't impressed with Jamie Lee Curtis in that movie. IMO, the Academy didn't nominate the actresses who deserved the award which is a shame.

I'm hoping Cate Blanchett wins and would love an unexpected Best Picture win for Women Talking.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I started crying when they announced her name (Jamie Lee) lol

I have to agree on the best awards show in a while. Jimmy is doing tasteful jokes. Presenters all classy.

Loved the donkey!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pedro

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
How did Rihanna not win best song? Thought she was probably a lock. But, maybe Lady Gaga split the votes. The RRR winners are just awesome though! They freaking sang a Carpenter’s song as their acceptance speech!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, after Kimmel’s joke about whether or not to include Robert Blake, he was not included in the ‘in memorium”.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On the Best song Oscar, I always wondered why the Top Gun producers didn’t put One Republic’s “ I ain’t worried” as their film’s best song nominee. It’s been in the top 10 charts since its release. They always go for songs I’ve never heard of.

It’s like last year, if they had put “We don’t talk about Bruno” as their Oscar song,it would’ve won.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am beyond delighted that Sarah Polley won for Best Adapted Screenplay, Women Talking!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What was/is the deal w/ Robert Blake?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I thought we were going to make it to the end with no political crap and no swipes. But a demerit to Kimmel for including both.

I thought they should have included Blake. This is to honor a body of work, and that he has.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The Robert Blake joke was one that I really didn't like! Rihanna's song was beautiful. There are so many movies I want to see now. The show has been really entertaining tonight and there have been some beautifully heartfelt acceptance speeches.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Julieboo, he was accused of murdering his wife but was found not guilty. Maybe there was more that I've forgotten. Leaving him out of the Memorium was one thing, but the tasteless "joke" was uncalled for, IMO.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I agree

There are a lot of people winning this year that were unexpected.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It is not uncommon for people who died shortly before the broadcast not to be included in the memoriam. I remember Whoopi Goldberg hosting and saying something like they couldn't get Gene Siskel in the memorial. I think because that bit was already compiled.
One would think it wouldn't be all that difficult to add another picture or two especially with current technology but every year there are complaints that someone was snubbed or forgotten.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I can remember other years they included somebody that passed away just a day or two before, especially if it was an actor. Usually the people they leave out for whatever reasons are not actors. Not like it was Weinstein or Cosby.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm really disappointed that Everything Everywhere All At Once won so many awards. I thought it was awful.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just looked...they omitted Blake on the Oscar Memorandum website also. Usually those that dont make the Memorandum on the show are still shown on the website. Even if it's not maybe appropriate to feature on the awards show I think they still should be listed on the website. Just my opinion.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
John Travolta made me cry, he lost 2 dear friends this year <3

was Blake a movie star or only a tv star?

Loved Jimmy except that joke? was uncalled for

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
As for the in memoriam, John Travolta’s delivery was heartwarming and his closing line’s tribute to Olivia Newton John was touching.