TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Yellowstone (+prequels): Archive through February 06, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They've set the season 5 premiere date of "Yellowstone" to air
Sunday, November 13 on Paramount Network. Season 1-4 available on Peacock.

And the second prequel "1923" is set for December 2022 in Paramount+, but no exact date yet.

They actually changed the name of the new prequel from 1932 to 1923. They ended up changing the story, so they also had to change the year to fit.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I binge-watched 1833 a couple of weeks ago. It was so good. I love knowing the history of how the Dutton family settled in Montana.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I binged Yellowstone and 1883 not too long ago. Kevin Costner may have been top billed, but Kelly Reilly (Beth Dutton) . . .

WOW!!!

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Nah…Rip is the best. Great actor

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought it was kind of strange how Tim McGraw who played James Dutton in 1883 looked like Rip.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 14, 2022 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch last might?

My heart was absolutely breaking last night for Carter when John Dutton's horse had to be put down. John took the loss of his horse better than Rip thought he would.

Is it wishful thinking on my part that Beth and Rip adopt Carter?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, November 14, 2022 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
This is my husband's show. I watch..sort of. Too much animal savagery for me. The stunt which the horse did the "fall" is not for me. Even the implied stuff bothers me. I realize I'm probably the only one it bothers lol I however, love the rest of it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It’s ( the workings of a ranch)really true to life. I went to “THE” cowboy college in Texas and there’s several ppl I know or sort of know,that have consulted on the show and have even starred on the show. Ranch hand Walker( the guitar singer) went to my college. A few others too. Funny the horse being put down resonated with me too, no one mentioned the loss of the baby in the car accident. Sometimes I find the character of Beth sort of exhausting. In real life no one would put up with her BS, especially her brother.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, no doubt all of the stuff that happens is representative of real ranch life. I just have friends that breed horses or work with some of the studios..so I am more sensitive to that stuff. Others that work at the race track...now that really gets my goat!

I never hardly feel sorry for people lol but always for animals...I'm just crazy like that!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Same here... animals and kids... Adults are fair game though (LOL).

I have some relatives that live on a farm and have livestock... as a "city" kid I know I would never make it on a farm/ranch...

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Lakecat. Beth is just too much. I would enjoy it so much more if she was an intelligent strong ranch woman that could be a real role model that could deal with everything but not be such a crude vulgar *itch. I wish she was a more of a heroine.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am binging Yellowstone the last two weeks…almost finished season two but I totally see Beth as a heroine…I love her character SO much! Monica, Kaycee, Rip, Jimmy also are so in-depth even with few words ….enjoy most of the characters actually except Jamie….

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Beth it awesome! She the toughest Dutton of the bunch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
1923 is set to start December 18! (on Paramount+)

It really has some big stars, as well! Helen Mirren, Harrison Ford, Timothy Dalton....to name a few.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I can’t wait to see the prequels as soon as I finish Yellowstone…and can’t wait to see Harrison Ford in a “western”…😀

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
1883 was so good. I love the backstory about how they settled in Montana when they were supposed to settle in Oregon.

I'm looking forward to 1923.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I actually liked 1883 more than Yellowstone and am also looking forward to 1923

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I agreed that we weren't wowed by the first ep "1923". It has potential to pick up, though.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was saying the same! One third of the way in to the first episode, I commented that it wasn't grabbing me like 1883 did, almost instantly. I thought because it had Helen Mirin and Harrison Ford it was going to maybe, be better.

For me it was a little puzzling to follow the different timelines and locations. I must admit I don't pay close attention to Yellowstone. I then read an article that went through the family tree...but I think it just caused additional confusion.

In any case...I do agree on it's potential. Towards the end it did start coming together. Or maybe my brain clicked in somehow lol

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I had never watched Yellowstone. However when I started watching Yellowstone 1923, I became interested in watching Yellowstone from Season 1 onward.

I've been binge watching Yellowstone and I'm halfway through Season 3. What a good TV show!! And I love watching Yellowstone 1923 with all those great actors.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Right now I am 100% invested in Yellowstone…must see tv for me since binging everything and then watching season 5 week by week. I so want it to come back NOW….I can’t wait to see what happens with trying to kill the Duttons - yet again!

Trying to watch 1923 and 1883 but I just need time to focus in order to enjoy them…I know they are good…just need to see them without distraction.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
1923 won't make much sense unless you watch 1883 first. You will think it makes sense but you won't realize that it doesn't make sense until you watch 1883.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
1923 turning out to be excellent. The side storylines were great from the start. The main storyline had been lagging a bit...but now it's coming all together!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OMG... Spencer and Alex

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Didn't you feel like they kept tricking us into thinking Harrison Ford's character had died? I think at least 3 times I was sure he had died.