TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through January 04, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Big Brunch is a wonderful food show. Dan Levy has infused it with such kindness and humor. My daughter and I watched it all this holiday and were quite good at picking who was getting voted off.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
A second recommendation for The Big Brunch. I LOVED IT!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks for letting me know about The B8g Brunch, I just started the 2nd episode and enjoy the series so far. I don't particularly care for Judge Sohla.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like Judge Sohla even less then I like Joe Bastianich from Master Chef. Dan Levy is very enjoyable as the host but I am not as drawn into this show as I am Top Chef.

As for White Lotus, the 2nd season was filmed in Palermo and Noto. I'm on the 4th episode and only watching at this point for the scenery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm all caught up with The White Lotus and finale is Sunday. And I have to say to those who quit watching....Season 2 is GREAT. You quit watching too soon.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja, Well, I'm assuming that I can watch season 2 without having finished season 1? I was considering watching 2 only because it's filmed in Italy. I usually like what you like.. so I'll give season 2 a try...especially if I don't need to go back and finish season one.

But I might end up like Kappy...who is only watching for the scenery lol

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
And since every season so far of the The White Lotus begins with a dead body, I watch till the end to see who is dead.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, Jennifer Coolidge's character continues in the second season, and it's good to know her background.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’m enjoying the second season. I’m excited for the finale tomorrow!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja, she is the only character I liked actually. I just couldn't stand the family mostly. I think I watched 2 1/2 episodes...but didn't realize there were only 6.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 11, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just came here to say I was caught up with The White Lotus and how good it was... I see I am not alone!

The situation with Jennifer Coolidge caught me completely unawares, did not see that coming at all, in fact I'm still not entirely sure what's going to happen (or be stopped from happening). I think I know who the dead body is though. Can't wait until 6pm!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 11, 2022 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is all speculation so I'm not putting spoiler tags.

We know who the dead body isn't. It isn't Cam, Harper or Ethan because Daphne would have recognized any of them. I know who I hope it is. I hope it's Greg! I hope Tanya threw him off the top of that giant yacht they showed in the previews.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 11, 2022 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Was not expecting it to go quite that way...

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's exactly what I came to post, Kitt! haha

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Of all the theories I heard, no one came up with that!

Yayadeb

08-12-2021

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yayadeb a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed Season 2 of White Lotus. I’m a Theo James and Jennifer Coolidge fan. Also didn’t expect that ending, and can’t wait until Season 3.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I've read on the internet that many are disappointed with the ending but not many here seem to be. I do have one comment to make but don't know how to make spoiler boxes and don't want to ruin it for anyone. I'll return soon. Glad to see so many were all watching along. Besides the story line, the scenery was beautiful, the interiors so glamorous and posh and I also loved most of the fashion. Several very cute dresses.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So what's going to happen to Tanya's money. Do you think Greg will be found out and possibly charged?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys catch "A Christmas Story Christmas" on HBO MAX? It's almost all of the kid actors from the original "A Christmas Story" playing their old parts again as adults! (and some of the adults) It was a lot of fun. Ralphie is a struggling writer as an adult. He and his family go spend the holidays with his widowed Mom in the exact same house from the first movie.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So you recommend? I've heard it's a disappointment. It's on my list to check out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Of course it could never be as good as the first, but it was enjoyable.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was fun seeing them all grown up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So I just binged Season 2 of the White Lotus. Tanya was such a hot mess. I have serious trust issues. I don't let anyone buy me a drink much less pack my bags and and go to another town in a foreign country with strangers.

Chieko, if Greg had actually gone back to the states, it may be hard for the Polizia to tie him to Tanya's death. If they can't tie him to her death, then I guess he inherits everything.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just finished the movie The Menu. It's on HBO Max right now but I think this weekend it goes to regular HBO also.

"A young couple travel to a remote island to eat at an exclusive restaurant where the chef has prepared a lavish menu, with some shocking surprises"

I'm thinking it's about some chef in his restaurant...which it is but...It turns out to be a horror, thriller with some dark comedic moments. For those of you that like the really strange and offbeat. I think this qualifies. Lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I saw the ads for this movie but it freaked me out because all I could think of was cannibalism was involved.