TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 13, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PARAMOUNT PLUS: Archive through November 13, 2022 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have to confess that I’m not a big fan of Discovery. However, I am a big fan of Star Trek in general as they have always been ahead of their time with their inclusivity, presenting a future where people from many different backgrounds (and aliens for that matter) work together in a positive way.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'm actually having trouble getting through Discovery. It's so dark and the plots are complicated. It makes me tired and depressed sometimes. Didn't help that I accidentally skipped an episode and had to go back to the one I missed. Got tired of it in the middle and went to watched something lighter. I'll go back to it. Probably.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the things I liked about the Star Trek franchise was it had a very bright positive look to the future. My friends and I used to joke that the alien (from the Alien movies) would have had no luck hiding on the The Next Generation Enterprise with all those cheerful bright colorful corridors and rooms.

In contrast, the newer Trek shows seem very dimly lit with lots of gray steel, there is a lot of conflict and the future appears pretty grim. I find them kind of a downer in that respect.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2022 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you. Maybe I need to go back and watch TNG. I used to catch an episode now and then when it was on, before I had recording ability. Now I just set everything I like up to record, so I don't have to remember to watch it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 02, 2022 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
About a year ago a bunch of us got a 50% off deal on CBS All Access which became Paramount. I cancelled my automatic renewal, and y'all should too if you only signed up because of the special deal and don't realize you will be converting to regular prices very shortly, if it hasn't already occurred.

Everybody please let me know if you see another great deal on Paramount Plus, as I have gotten a bit addicted to it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve heard from random sources that the first episode of the second season of Picard was entertaining. I’ll have to try to track it down.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The season finale of Star Trek Discovery was epic!

Real-life voting rights superstar and presidential hopeful Stacey Abrams was cast as the President of United Earth. I was moved and driven to tears watching all the women and people of colour in positions of power. All amazing leaders, standing strong and proud! It was a testament to what our world could be.

I think that the finale positions Discovery to become more like Start Trek The Next Generation in the next season. Season 5 looks like they will be exploring new worlds and making first contact again. Fingers crossed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I missed the final two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery. I didn't realize that Paramount drops episodes weekly, rather than all at once like Netflix. I thought it was weird that the "final episode" ended without any resolution of the story. Found out I'd missed the last two episodes and watched them today. Wow! So glad I went back.

When Stacy Abrams walked out as the President of United Earth, I couldn't place her at first, but I knew I'd seen her face. Finally realized who she was. Awesome! She is such a hero for voting rights!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It was really a good and fulfilling season finale!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If you're a Godfather fan, give the mini series The Offer a try. It tells the story of what it took to get the film made. The cast and story telling is excellent!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think that the finale positions Discovery to become more like Start Trek The Next Generation in the next season. Season 5 looks like they will be exploring new worlds and making first contact again. Fingers crossed."

Strategist, did you know that this theme is already airing as a brand new ST series called "Star Trek - Strange New Worlds"?

<snip>

"STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS is based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise. The series will feature fan favorites from season two of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Science Officer Spock. The series will follow Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One in the years before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy."

<snip>

Paramount+ Original graphic
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
New Episode Every Thursday

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/star-trek-strange-new-worlds/

----------

So far, two eps have already aired (Thursdays on Paramount+), but I'm saving them for a full-season-binge after all of season one has aired.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks for mentioning this, Sanfranjoshfan. I don't have Paramount+ but I am going to do a search to see if I can find it in Canada. It has to be here and one way or another I will see Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Movie: Jerry and Marge Go Large. Bryan Cranston and Annette Bening

Jerry Selbee discovers a mathematical loophole in the Massachusetts lottery, and with the help of his wife, Marge, he wins millions of dollars. Based on the true story about couple Jerry and Marge Selbee, who win the lottery and use the money to revive their small town.

Very enjoyable!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I watched this recently and I really like it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 16, 2022 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
it was a sweet movie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 16, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt like I was a tween again, watching with my little brother on Friday nights. So fun to see so many of the original ST characters portrayed as much younger. I even had to go back and watch the two-parter of the orginal Star Trek episode "The Cage," about what happened to Captain Pike. I only vaguely remembered that one (it was over 50 years ago). Can't wait till season two.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, July 16, 2022 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
What I liked most about STSNW was that it has a lot of single story episodes about....yep, strange new worlds! The other new Star treks, STP and STD (Gee, that's an unfortunate acronym,!) both tend to have a more linear, full-season-serialized storyline. I liked meeting new sentient species each week, but chasing a "red angel" for a whole season (STD), not so much.

Still, if it's a ST I will watch it. Well, unless it's a cartoon. :-)

Vancouvergirl

06-18-2022

Saturday, July 16, 2022 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vancouvergirl a private message Print Post    
I also really enjoyed Strange New Worlds! It’s nice to have a fresh take on NuTrek shows as the episodic format is different than most airing right now. Sadly we won’t probably get season two for a year.

Also in my experience online I see most people refer to Star Trek Discovery as DISCO to avoid the unfortunate abbreviation STD. 😂

Vancouvergirl

06-18-2022

Saturday, July 16, 2022 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vancouvergirl a private message Print Post    
I also really enjoyed Strange New Worlds! It’s nice to have a fresh take on NuTrek shows as the episodic format is different than most airing right now. Sadly we won’t probably get season two for a year.

Also in my experience online I see most people refer to Star Trek Discovery as DISCO to avoid the unfortunate abbreviation STD. 😂

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, July 18, 2022 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
We watched last nights episode of "Evil" and it was so good!

Spoiler:

Loved how the girls were ganging up on Leland on the website, was so funny! I was shocked when we saw the mother scratching her sons back! I was also shocked to see Leland had kidnapped the husband/father (can't remember his name at the moment!) and her mother is allowing it! I'm hoping he gave them the wrong answer about their anniversary so she is twigged to investigate. Great episode! Always leaves me wanting more!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just found this article about a bundle package for Paramount and Showtime.

I need to reread it, but it looks like Paramount will be raising prices in the beginning of October. So, if you subscribe now, I "think" they will not raise prices for the life of your subscription. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

Paramount+ and Showtime Bundle Is Now Cheaper Than Netflix

AND as I was trying to research this, I just found out that if you have T-Mobile, they have a deal going on until November that you can get the Paramount essential plan free for a year. I would take it, and put up with the commercials, but then I would miss out on the first deal and not ever have my prices rise again.

T Mobile deal

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I found a bug in Paramount+ through Amazon Prime... it doesn't show the current Season 36 of Bold and Beautiful, it stops at Season 35 :-(.

Anyway I tried to see if I can log in to P+ directly, rather than through Amazon, and found this:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-Is-Paramount-available-as-a-channel-on-Prime-Video#verifyPrime

It describes how to use your P+ credentials to log in through Amazon, and (what I wanted to do) log into P+ using your Amazon credentials. Didn't know you could do that!

(And P+ does have the current season of BnB, don't know why Amazon doesn't :-(.)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just finished first episode of Tulsa King.

New York mafia capo Dwight "The General" Manfredi, (Stallone) is released from prison after 25 years and exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma; realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a crew.

I could tells just from first few minutes I liked it..but by the end...I loved it! This is going to be a favorite of mine.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb - I put it in my Watchlist today. Did they release the entire season or are they releasing a couple of episodes weekly?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Nope, one episode at a time. Which is to be expected, they do their series like that.