TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through August 21, 2022 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Watching the original staircase on Netflix.The HBO version was very well cast. I think the documentary is very firmly on the side of innocence.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hubs and I watched both parts of the George Carlin documentary today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've got that recorded. We'll get to it soon. I remember George on the "Kraft Summer Music Hall" during the summer of '66. He was so funny and cutting edge. I was only 11 that summer, so I think I had to sneak to watch it. He might have been a little edgy for my parents, especially my dad.

I actually looked it up on IMDB.com, and the premier episode of KSMH debuted 56 years ago today on June 6, 1966. What a coincidence!

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I saw George Carlin in concerts at a small venue in the early 80s. Biting humor so on point.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen anyone talking about HBOMax Minx.

'Set in 1970s Los Angeles, an earnest young feminist joins forces with a low-rent publisher to create the first erotic magazine for women"

It's well written well acted and very entertaining. But don't watch it if you're offended by nudity... Because there's a lot of it and it's continuous and it's not peekaboo nudity either LOL

It was kind of like when I was watching Ricky Gervais After Life...I had to get used to the c word being thrown around every 5 seconds. At first it made me cringe but halfway through I got over it LOL

It's renewed for a season 2!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sounds interesting!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I saw Minx and it was pretty funny to me! I was in my 20s for all of the 70s so it hit home pretty well....the fashion, the attitudes, and the rise of things like feminism, nudity, certain types of magazines....all were pretty much on point as far as my experience! :-) Of course, I only saw the sausage, not the making of it, so the storyline of these guys behind the scenes was a lot of fun.

Kind of a not really spoilerish point, but not about the story plot:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Note that the main nude guy, the fireman character, uses a prosthetic stand-in for his weenie-part, as do a couple of others. lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
that would make for an interesting resume for the stand in (stand up?)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol I enjoyed the heck out of this series!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Finished the 2nd season of Hacks and wasn't disappointed. This show is top rate in every way. It ended on a bitter sweet note which would make it fine if it's not renewed and yet still be open to more storylines if it is.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
And just saw in the other thread that Hacks is renewed - YAY!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kappy, so excited for season 3! Hacks is superb!

I just watched 1st 2 eps of Minx, love it. I don't think I ever seen so many different shapes and sizes! I love the 70s theme. I was in my teens and remember when that Burt Reynolds centerfold came out.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I remembered that centerfold too.... It was soooo risque at the time

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also remember the Unknown Comic from the Gong show did his version and he had a paper bag over his thang lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I worked at a movie theater when I was in my late teens. We had a dressing room behind the movie screen, where we would change into our uniforms for our shift. We had that poster of Burt on the wall in the dressing room. Someone had burned a hole in the end of his penis (on the poster) with a cigarette. I remember one of my co-workers saying, "I can't believe he sticks that thing in Dinah Shore every night! She's so old!!!"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO! ps I didnt think you could see his penis in that spread

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"LMAO! ps I didnt think you could see his penis in that spread"

You are correct on that point Pamy, it was a "no peepee at all" photo.

In fact, I would say I don't even think it's a "NSFW" photo. It's probably safe enough to post here, but I won't because it is sorta/kinda, somewhat near to the very subjective line on whether it's obscene (it isn't) or just a beautiful looking man posing in the nude (it is) with his private parts completely covered (they are...including his butt}!

You see more skin in the celebrity women's photos that are posted on Page6 every day.

The infamous photo is right HERE:
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-17896980

<backing away from the lady stampede that is about to ensue...>

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Woops! I edited this post to add another line or two but somehow the original and the corrected one both got posted. The most recent one is the one I intended to post...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I removed the first post. :-)

Thanks for posting the link to the picture (saved me from having to search for it ). I’ve always liked that photo. Good picture and very reminiscent of the 70’s. He was such a big star.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was on a tv show set with him. He was awesome!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was pretty young but I remember at my Mom's beauty shop that Bert Finally got knocked off the break room cork board for John Davidson.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/02/1420742966-screen_shot_2015-01-08_at_14607_pm.png

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I probably got Burt confused with another poster. It was a VERY long time ago and the memory is not as reliable as it used to be. Sorry.

I lost all respect for Burt Reynolds when he dumped Loni Anderson the way he did. Who sends their divorce papers by fax machine?! She was totally blindsided and not even aware there was a problem. And this after she'd nursed him back to health when he was addicted to prescription drugs and was so ill! I never cared for him after that.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 17, 2022 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
FBOY ISLAND with Nikki Glaser is back! They dropped the first 3 episodes. I have got to say, I think this might be my favorite dating reality show. It's funny, raunchy, tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Moved posts about House of the Dragon to it's own thread here:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/6465/24631186.html?1661116630

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So what is going to happen to HBOMax when it merges with Discovery+ (in 2023)? Is HBOMax going to go away completely? I don't watch it enough to pay for it when it moves to Discovery. I get it free now because I have HBO on my cable and my nephew downloaded the app on my TV for me.