TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
House of the Dragon (on HBO)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: House of the Dragon (on HBO) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 23, 2022Sincebb125 08-23-22  2:32 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, I am the same way about animals. GOT is violent more people die than horses but it does happen. I think there were only a few horse scenes that were really close up, most of the time it's in larger group battles. I will say the show is so good that it is worth it to get thru those scenes, I always squint my eyes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps, horses don't die in every ep :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OK, you convinced me! Now i have to decide if it makes more sense to continue with HOD....or just go straight to GOT.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
HOD is 200 yrs before GOT and only 10 eps. I would watch it first since it is out now, Or watch hod on sundays and got every other day of the week lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol...THAT would jumble my brain beyond belief!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Someone always has to lose their peepee, don't they.

Spear

08-05-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I think the video quality also depends on the provider. I streamed it on HBO Max with Dolby Vision and it looked fine. I've seen complaints from people who watched on HBO (cable) -- some cable operators compress the stream even further and the quality degrades, especially with dark scenes.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree that where you watch it affects the quality of the video. I always try to watch the show on the app as opposed to cable.I was amazed at the difference in quality when I first discovered that.

I did watch on the app with Dolby Digital 4K on Vivid with brightness adjusted to max etc. Nevertheless, I would not have minded it being a little less "dark".

Kappy lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Kappy! I'm always amazed at how many different ways natural boobs look LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Another great ep! I just get chills when the opening song comes on. I'm thrilled they kept the same opening song.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am also thrilled they kept the same music, but the opening graphics aren't as cool.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt understand the graphics. My guess was it was 200 yrs ago so not everything was built like it was in the GOT opening showing all the lands

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I found a whole article on the meaning of the opening graphics. The trail of blood is actually mapping out the family tree, but the article itself goes much deeper into the explanation.

The 'House of the Dragon' opening sequence is one big Targaryen family tree

https://mashable.com/article/house-of-the-dragon-opening-credits-explained

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cool! ty for finding this!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't know until watching the talk shows last night, but the next ep jumps ahead 10 years so more than one actor gets replaced with an older version.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This show sure zips along, doesn't it? At first, I thought Rhaenyra was going to a pillar of good, but I sure don't think it anymore. Almost everyone seems evil in one way or another on this show. There's still hope for a couple of the children.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Naja on thinking there's evil in just about each of them including some of the children. I had hope for the Queen but not after her wanting revenge against a child. I'm having a hard time caring about any of these people. I will say though that I was at least happy with who got away at the end of last night's episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too, Kappy!
I think the King is the only good person

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
so down to one more episode and I am finally getting into it. finale this Sunday, I hope it ends on a good note!

Episode 9 was hard to watch but the last 5 minutes was so good!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching this show yesterday (started on Sunday). I could only watch one or two episodes a day, but now I can't wait for Season 2. I felt so bad for Prince Lucerys when he was getting chased by Aemon and his giant dragon. That was really awful.

Oh, and when Princess Rhaenys had Queen Alicent and her family cornered on the dais with her dragon, I was yelling at my TV, "Dracarys! Dracarys!" I wanted her to set them all on fire and be done with them. But no, she couldn't do that, so now we're going to have a war instead.

Sincebb1, the violence against people and animals does bother me, too (I finally gave up on "The Walking Dead" when Daryl got a dog -- just couldn't stand worrying about it). Sometimes I have to cover the screen with my hand. I just don't want to see certain things.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, and whoever above was asking if "Aegon" was also the real name of Jon Snow in GOT. I looked it up and Aegon was the name of the first King of the Targaryen dynasty, who conquered Westeros and united the realm.

He was also the Aegon (not Alicent's son) that Vicerys was talking about on his death bed and that he'd told his daughter about for years.

"Aegon the Conquerer, the first Targaryen king of Westeros, foresaw the White Walker apocalypse coming 100 years ago, and forged the Seven Kingdoms in part because, if he didn’t, the divided country would surely fall to the approaching menace, and the rest of humanity swiftly after that. Targaryen rulers have passed this knowledge down to their heirs ever since."

would%20surely%20fall%20to%20the,https://winteriscoming.net/2022/08/21/aegon-targaryen-know-white-walkers-house-of-the-dragon-game-of-thrones/#:~:text=In%20the%20first%20episode%2C%20King,would%20surely%20fall%20to%20the

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, I agree about the dog. You will be happy to know he survived thru the finale:-)

I even got sad the cgi Dragon died.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2022 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I think I actually cried when the White Walkers killed one of Daenerys' dragons in the original Game of Thrones. 😢

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that was so heartbreaking!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
'House of the Dragon' season 2 release schedule

Episode 201: June 16
Episode 202: June 23
Episode 203: June 30
Episode 204: July 7
Episode 205: July 14
Episode 206: July 21
Episode 207: July 28
Episode 208: August 4

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahoooo!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: