TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Yellowstone (+prequels)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Yellowstone (+prequels) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 06, 2023Naja25 02-06-23  7:26 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I cursed the show out at one point because I thought he was dead too lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oooo...this just out. Interesting

"Could the Dutton ranch shut down for good? Various reports are emerging that Yellowstone star Kevin Costner might be on the verge of breaking up with Taylor Sheridan's hit Western series and a lynchpin of Paramount's TV and streaming ambitions"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah I read that last night Sincebb. It was my understanding that next season (S6) would be the last season... now I'm not so sure.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think they are having more success with the +prequels? I read they have a 1944 in development. Also read that Matthew McConaughey is a possibility.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed 1883. I am embracing 1923. But Yellowstone is must see tv for me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Same here, Legalboxer. Plus, none of the prequels have a Beth Dutton. She puts Yellowstone in 1st place for me, by far!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Exactly Naja. Beth is exactly the kind of character we want in any storyline - multilayered, brash, loyal, vulnerable if you wait long enough, etc

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
From what I read, the issue with Costner seems to be the amount of days he's required to shoot. Dude, seriously? That's your job.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I be willing to bet they'd cave to any of Costner's demands.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Spencer and Alex, please be on the ghost ship, please be on the ghost ship, please be on the ghost ship . . .

As for Beth Dutton, all I will say is that I am sorry I stuck with Sons of Anarchy and her character reminds me of that crew in the worst way possible. Now that I know Jimmy is happy, I'm okay with skipping the rest.

Costner is an Oscar winning director. I just assumed his character would not be around for the long haul.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And now...Kurt Russell Is Leading A New Yellowstone Spinoff....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, which spin-off is that - Four 6s? That's the only spin-off that I know of.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Lots of rumors here

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/kurt-russell-may-just-latest-a-lister-added-yellowstone-verse.html/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Interesting... so Kurt Russell is in contention for prequel 1944 and McConaughey could be cast in Yellowstone/spin-off. It's a bit confusing when he calls it a spin-off because it sounds like they are talking about bringing McConaughey onto Yellowstone. I don't consider that a spin-off just because Costner may be leaving the series. Four 6s is a spin-off.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
"Kurt Russell has signed on as the lead of yet another Yellowstone spinoff that will be set in the present day. However, this isn’t the already-in-development 6666 spinoff set at the Four Sixes Ranch in Texas. Instead, Russell’s rumored series is assumed to be “an offshoot of the existing mainline Yellowstone story.

This has not been confirmed by anyone at Paramount, but it does build on another report from Deadline that claims Kevin Costner (John Dutton) is on his way out of the flagship series. The Russell rumor is connected to the report that Costner will be exiting Yellowstone at the end of season 5 to make way for a new lead — Matthew McConaughey"

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
In any case, I do love that Taylor Sheridan is bringing back all these "older" actors in his series... Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone, Helen Mirren, Harrison Ford, Sam Elliott, Timothy Dalton, Billy Bob Thornton, Matthew McConaughey (not as old but still over 50), among others. And introducing us to so many new ones… Everyone is such an excellent actor, on all of Taylor Sheridan's series.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Thought I would share the blog post I just published re my analysis of the present day Dutton family.

https://intrepidoaks.com/2023/04/12/the-duttons-of-yellowstone-why-i-care-about-this-dysfunctional-tv-family/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer, that was such a good read! Your writing flows so nicely. I'm also a Beth fan.

I can't believe how much I had forgotten. Your article is the perfect set-up into the second half of season 5.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, great article!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's going to a marathon of all seasons 1-5 of Yellowstone on the regular Paramount cable channel starting this Saturday morning through Monday night. Sept 2-4.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a sinking feeling that we will never get the second half of S5 with the writers and actors on strike, and Kevin Costner refusing to come back and film since Taylor Sheridan didn't keep the schedule Costner wanted (prior to the strike).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: