TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through June 05, 2022 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else watch "The Baby" last night?
I thought it was hilarious!

It's about a woman who dislikes babies, and all her friends seem to be having them. Then through a series of bizarre events, this woman who hates babies seems to be chosen to be the caretaker of a possessed one. haha!

It's a dark comedy. HBO Sunday Nights.

https://www.hbo.com/the-baby

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t seen it but I think I will now based on your description. Sounds different and funny!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I watched the first of The Baby. I didn't find it funny, but will give it another episode or two to find its footing.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that’s comedy for you. So subjective.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's an English comedy set in London, so that in itself makes it a little dryer. But I love that.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I love British comedies and black comedies. Once upon a time, when I did some acting, black comedies were a favorite to do. I just didn't think episode 1 was funny, I didn't laugh once but did smirk a time or two. I'm hoping that after the first episode set up it becomes funny. I think the storyline has potential.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well that’s comedy for you. So subjective.

That's a great way to look at it, Jimmer. We don't usually watch comedies, cause I can't stand shows that put its characters into uncomfortable or embarrassing situations. So painful to watch! Also can't stand when I can see what's coming a mile away, and the lack of surprise ruins the comedy for me. I did, however, love "Friends," "Modern Family" and the occasional "Big Bang Theory." We normally steer clear of comedies.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just recently started watching Barry. It started in 2018 and has 3 seasons. I really like it. Very funny. The writers of the show have such an imagination. I'm on the second season right now. Was very happy to see that they were renewed for a fourth season coming up.

It's about a Midwestern hitman that goes to Los Angeles to execute a hit on an actor who is sleeping with a mobster's wife. He follows his target into acting class and ends up getting interested in acting. Barry wants to start a new life as an actor, his handler, Fuches won't let him walk away so easily. Everything that ensues is just hilarious.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for mentioning that, Since. It sounds funny and different!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You will love it, Jimmer. It stars Bill Hader from SNL. It's in the middle of airing season 4 right now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am among the Barry fans. I haven't started the new season yet.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I think you will like it! It IS really different!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone. I watched the first episode last evening. Of course, there was violence (it’s about a hit man) but it was also very funny. The characters and the acting are great. As we’ve been saying, it’s different and I love that it’s different.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't like a lot of violence or blood either. But somehow it doesn't bother me too much in this series. I guess the quality of the script and the acting make up for it. There was one scene though that had me both laughing and cupping my hand over my mouth.

My husband said if you can watch The Walking Dead with them stabbing people in the head.....

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My favorite episode is Season 2 ep 5. I won't say what happens, but lets just say it's the best martial arts fight sequence ever. haha

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja Oh my gosh that was hilarious! I read a great article about how they brainstormed and came up with that episode. It's really good. "Bill Hader explains that insane Barry episode" on ew.com

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the interview as well that they showed on HBO about the episode.

I popped in to say
HBO Max and Discovery+ are going to be combined into a single service because the companies merged. Yippee! I'll be able to cancel my separate Discover Plus account before my $1 a month deal is over! :-)

They say in the article they are hoping for it only take several months to figure out the particulars.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/hbo-max-discovery-plus-combined-streaming-service-bundle-1235204060/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There's an interview on HBO? Ooo thanks. I wonder if it's still there under "extras".

That's a long article. So did it say anything about the price? Is my HBO Max now going up?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anybody has watched the documentary Class Action Park?

"Explores the legend, legacy, and truth behind New Jersey's Action Park and its reputation as the world's most insanely dangerous amusement park"

It is truly unbelievable. This water park in the 1980s... They would build rides without testing them out. People would almost kill themselves. Actually they had several deaths. The park was being run by teenagers..it's just completely nutty... And the owner was even more crazy

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch The Staircase on HBO Max, great cast Colin Firth, Toni Collette, Juliette Binoche, Sophie Turner? I binged the whole thing yesterday, final episode will air this thirsday. Really good, fascinating story. Basically the story of Michael Peterson and whether he murdered his wife, based on a French documentary that was done about the case.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Maris, yes! I am watching it too! I also watched the documentary on Netflix. It was interesting to see two different perspectives but the same story! Check it out! I still don't know if he did it or not but I'm swaying towards him doing it. After watching the most recent episode on HBO. Netflix makes him seem more innocent.
One thing the Netflix version said there was blood on the front door but the HBO didn't. Once I heard about the blood on the front door it made me believe the 'owl' theory about the scratches on her head.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I totally think he did it. I mean come on two women falling down a staircase.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
HBO did mention the blood on the front door. Sophie and the neighbor talked about it in relation to the owl attack

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watched both too. I also swung back and forth between guilty and innocent.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
What swayed me more was the HBO saying about their financial troubles and how she was the bread winner of the family but then her money ran out. He would get her life insurance.
I must not have been paying close attention on the HBO one as I didn't catch about the blood on the front door. Maybe she did get attacked by the owl but then he found her and decided to let her die, used the opportunity.