TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PARAMOUNT PLUS: Archive through February 28, 2022 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Babyjazzmom, yes it's a scripted show and I would characterize it as being a lot more like that series from a couple or three years ago called, "Astronaut Wives" than any kind of true murder story or even a fictionalized murder/thriller story.

It's set in three different time periods, but in the same house. Seeing the different incarnations of design in that house is great....from a "Father Knows Best" look to the garish 80's decade of sparkle, and then the modern day home inhabited by a threesome...every era is decidedly different but the people are a lot a like when it comes to their flaws and desires and decisions.

Oh yeah...EXCELLENT cast.

Here's the official trailer to "Why Women Kill" Season 1:

Edited to correct the link...I used the wrong one. oops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFYNqmKdaoI

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2021 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Looks like fun, but looks maybe a little too "girly" for hubby. I may watch it myself though. Thanks for the link, SFJF!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 20, 2021 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too, I've put it on my list!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watched the season premier of Evil last night on P+. We had a tough time remembering all that happened last season at first (seems like forever ago!), but we pretty quickly caught up. This show is creepy, scary fun! Michael Emerson is just so good! A couple of jump scares. So glad this show is back!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched it on Paramount+, enjoyed it.

Top of this thread is where KL tipped up off to the Paramount+ half price offer in March.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Can you watch Paramount+ on your TV (I have dish network) or is it strictly on line?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Scooter, do you have Amazon Prime Video built into your Dish Network thing? If so, you can sign up through your Amazon Prime Video Account and play the shows on your TV the same place you go to place your other Prime Video shows. But you have to sign up through your Amazon Prime account.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/offers/
ref=atv_3p_cbs_c_6rhKJb_HSbc7498_1_1?benefitId=cbsaacf

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes, Naja I do :-) Thank you!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of From the Cradle to the Stage last night and it was fascinating. I love Dave Grohl and watching him with his mom was a treat and Dan Reynolds from Imagine Dragons story was so illuminating. From his Mormonism to his depression, he was so open and honest. I love how we get their moms' perspectives.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’ve been meaning to watch that. Thanks for the reminder, Mamie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Glad to help, Scooter! :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
on 6/30/21 They have a special Draggin the Classics with Rupaul and the Brady Brunch. I cant wait!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Can you watch Paramount+ on your TV (I have dish network) or is it strictly on line?

You can watch on television as well. Bigdog uses it with television. I use it online. It is the only subscription service we have.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Saturday, June 26, 2021 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I watch Paramountplus on TV. My question is, can we watch CBS's Big Brother through Paramount? They announced no live CBS any longer, about a couple weeks ago. :-( I do not want to pay, yet again, for another CBS to watch BB.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 26, 2021 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, All the CBS shows you watched in all-access are included in Paramount+ (including Big Brother), along with with a whole lot more shows, PLUS even more live channels!

They aren't taking anything away with Paramount+. You are getting a lot more added, including the live CBS channel, BET Channel, CBSN, and CBS Sports.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just finished the last two episodes of Why Women Kill, it was so good! I was expecting it to be a little more lighthearted though, at times it got very dark. It was exceptional for what it was, I was just a little unprepared emotionally.

Looks like season two is about six episodes in, I might wait for it to finish before I start watching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody is a fan of the Kevin Kostner series "Yellowstone" on the regular Paramount channel, a new series comes out Sunday, tomorrow, Dec 19, on Paramount+ only.

"1883"

It's a prequel series to "Yellowstone" starring Sam Elliot.

1883, a Yellowstone origin story, follows the Dutton family as they embark on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America. From Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan, co-creator of Yellowstone, 1883 is a stark retelling of Western expansion, and an intense study of one family fleeing poverty to seek a better future in America’s promised land — Montana.

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/1883/

Cathie

08-16-2000

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Naja, I have been watching 1883 and am totally hooked on it. My husband watched the Yellowstone series but I never got into that one. Now I plan to go back and catch up on those, too.

For anyone who has not seen it, 1883 is a winner.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Well then Naja and Cathie, you will be glad to hear that 1883 has been so popular, they are working on 1932.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My husband loves both Yellowstone and 1883. For some reason Yellowstone didn't really hook me at the beginning. I'm not the type of person that will watch something halfway through. 1883 I started watching from the beginning, and I must say, I really like it!

Although sometimes I say.. they didn't speak like that back then...did they? LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started season 4 of Star Trek: Discovery over the weekend. I love the writing and the cast. It really takes me back to when my parents went out with their friends on Friday nights, and my brother and I got pot pies (a real treat!) and watched the original Star Trek on our black and white TV. I'm amazed that the franchise is still going 50+ years later! And Gene Roddenberry is still credited at the beginning of every episode.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It makes me so happy to see so many women in leadership roles and positions of power on Star Trek: Discovery. I hope we don't have to wait until the 32nd century for that to happen!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also enjoy seeing so much cultural diversity and people of different skin color. Star Trek has always been ahead of its time (despite Captain Kirk). There was almost always a social message in every episode and a lot of women in positions of power.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I just love that future for our world. Star Trek: Discovery is not on the top of my play list each week. But I am looking forward to Star Trek: Picard starting soon.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Just finished the season ender of 1883. What a kick in the backside. Like Yellowstone just ten or so episodes so not nearly enough. Glad they renewed it, Yellowstone, and added 1932 to the series. Not so glad none will be back until this coming fall.