TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through April 18, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm so undecided. I'll admit, I started watching it during the pandemic when there was hardly any content to watch. I was looking for something sci-fi-ish. I didn't read any review of it or see a trailer. I had no idea what I was watching during the first three episodes LOL

It is a dystopian futuristic Syfy. It is very complex. You just have to admire it for its intricacies. I must like it enough to keep watching it.

I say give it a try. Two or three episodes, you'll know whether you love it or hate it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sincebb1. That sounds like a very fair review. As you suggested, I’ll probably give it a try.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Right now I'm on season 2 episode 6... Which I think, is the last episode that's out so far. One thing I have to say, is that everything is always changing. It's not the same thing, episode after episode. The second season is different than the first season. There is a gradual, constant evolution of characters and plotline.

I have to say I become quite attached to the androids. Sort of like the Android in Aliens...lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Anyone have any thoughts on Westworld, Snowpiercer, Treme? Deciding to whether to start watching any or all of those.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The first season of Westworld was pretty amazing. However, I think that the general consensus is that the later seasons are very confusing and not as good.

I wasn't a big fan of the movie version of Snowpiercer so I never watched the series and I haven't seen Treme.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ditto on those. Westworld was so good at first, then season two just lost track, S3 might as well have been another show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol nix Westworld. I hear what you are saying about Snowpiercer. But I read that everybody disliked the movie but liked the series?

Treme is from the same people that did The Wire. Which is probably the best series I have ever watched. In the trailer I spied one of the actors from The Wire that I loved.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sounds to me like of the three, Treme would be your best choice. Though I could certainly recommend Westworld as a solid one season show. And some people do like the other seasons as well.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just started The Tourist last night on HBO Max. It stars Jamie Dornan, who was the sheriff in Once Upon a Time and played a serial killer in The Fall (Netflix). Dornan plays a man who is in a car crash and wakes up with serious amnesia. Takes place in the outback of Australia, and the scenary is very bleak, but we've watched two episodes and so far we're hooked.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Time Traveler's Wife is coming sometime in May on HBO (date not yet released). I read the book and watched the first movie years ago. This is one that still haunts me. This one's a series (6 episodes), rather than a movie, so they'll be able to cover more of the book. Love the casting. 💖

https://www.eonline.com/news/1323215/rose-leslie-details-the-perils-of-being-a-time-travelers-wife-in-new-teaser

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved the movie. Great choice of casting for the wife. This sounds so good.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh this should be good! Love the casting and that it’s a series rather than a movie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was thinking of you when I posted this, Jimmer. We were just talking about time traveling shows a couple of days ago! This looks like a good one.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to this one. I loved the book and the movie was okay. I am hoping the series leans more towards how the book was.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 18, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They should be able to tell more of the story from the book with a 6 hour series, rather than trying to cram everything into a 2 hour movie. Looking forward to it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 29, 2022 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anyone else has watched it but my husband and I really enjoyed Our Flag Means Death. It was very funny but also very touching.

Marej

09-19-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Gentleman Jack Season 2 starts April 25th.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying Julia starring Sarah Lancashire, David Hyde Pierce & Bebe Neuwirth on HBO. I have always enjoyed watching these actors and their range of works. It is about Julia Child starting on PBS.

I got kick seeing the 2 lead actors from A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder (take a peek at some of the YouTube videos) share a scene. Jefferson Mays playing Albert Duhamel and Bryce Pinkham as John Updike. Which belatedly reminds me I meant to look for Rabbit Run at the library this afternoon. Christian Clemenson as James Beard was a hoot. The always delightful Judith Light is also a cast member.

I think it is only 8 episodes, I have watched 5 at this point, and I can already tell I will want another season or 5.

I highly recommend this show, it is sweet, charming and funny, very palatable. (I simply could not resist the pun)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I'm having a hard time finding Julia on HBO. When I do a search, it is leading me to some sort of PPV movie On Demand. I can't find any series. What day is it on? That may help me find it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lexie, as far as I can tell, it's not on the HBO channel. It's part of HBO Max.

https://play.hbomax.com/page/urn:hbo:page:GYip0jQfJ7MPDDQEAAAAD:type:series

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have been watching it on HBO Max. If you have HBO you may also have HBO Max.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry for any confusion. So many channels and configurations any more it is hard to keep track or tell the difference.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay for Gentleman Jack. I really enjoyed that show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
HBO -- started with HBO, then HBO GO, then HBO NOW, then HBO MAX. For some tech reason I don't remember I got in at HBO NOW. Couldn't sooner for some reason. (To view what I wanted on HBO?) My HBO NOW automatically became HBO MAX.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all. I do have HBO Max. I will look for it on there.