TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through March 05, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OMG OMG.... I just went to HBO Max to continue watching a series that I was in the middle of...and guess what just popped up?

Season 5 of Gomorrah! I don't know if anyone else has been watching this series... It's made and filmed in Italy. It's about the Italian drug world. It's part HBO series The Wire... (Which is probably one of the best series I've watched) and part Sopranos.

You can watch it in Italian with English subtitles or dubbed in English. I prefer watching films in their mother tongue with English subtitles. But in this case since I speak fluent Italian, the subtitles are for my husband LOL Although the Neapolitan dialect gets pretty hard to decipher sometimes and I don't always know slang drug words.

There are five seasons with a movie, L'Immortale, that you're supposed to watch in between seasons three and four.

The first season premiered in 2014. Each season had about two or three years between them... So sometimes you had to go back and watch at least the last episode of the season before. There's so much stuff that happens.

But now, if you feel like binging five seasons and a movie, and have the time. I highly recommend it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started watching The Gilded Age on HBO. It's a series about New York society in the 1880s, created by Julian Fellowes (the creator of Downtown Abbey). I enjoyed the first episode, even though it was mostly establishing characters and storylines. It stars Morgan Spector, Cynthia Nixon and Christine Baranski. Shows a lot of promise to be a good show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I recently started watching The Righteous Gemstones and don't know why I waited so long. Very funny show. Great cast.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode of The Righteous Gemstones last night. I don't particularly care for Danny McBride but I think I am going to like the show.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love The Gilded Age. Taped ep 2 and looking forward to watching it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sugar, they all have some issues! Danny McBride seems to always play the same character but the show is very funny.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Babyjmom. I learned this week that Louisa Jacobson is Meryl Streeps daughter. Pretty cool
I am going to wait to watch the rest when all the episodes come out and binge watch

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I would never have known that, cause her other girls use their dad's last name, "Gummer." Louisa's full name is actually "Louisa Jacobson Gummer" (I looked it up), but she dropped the Gummer part for professional use. Maybe she didn't want to be immediately associated with her famous mom. Thanks, Lurkin!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Now that I'm watching the second episode, I see a very strong resemblance between Louisa and her sisters, Grace and Mamie Gummer. I think they take after their mother.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Does Gilded Cage air weekly or can you binge it? I do not like streaming shows that air weekly. That's OTA TV.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If it’s HBO it’s likely aired weekly with all past episodes available for streaming.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't find any "Gilded Cage", but "The Gilded Age" on HBO airs weekly on Tuesdays. 2 eps have aired so far.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I just started watching the Gilded cage and this past episode was pretty good. Good cast too

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love the Gilded Age! It's just marvelous. Best new show in a while.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’m enjoying the Gilded Age, but I do wish it had more “bite”. The costumes and sets are amazing.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'D WATCH CHRISTINE BARANSKI READ THE TELEPHONE DIRECTORY.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, OG.:-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yep, anything with Christine Baranski or Jean Smart - I'm there!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Very true!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Somebody Somewhere on HBO/Max and while I wasn't sure after the first episode, I am now completely hooked. It's a comedy about a forty-ish woman who moves back to her small hometown in Kansas. She's dealing with the loss of a sister who has died from cancer and the fact that her mother is a full-fledged alcoholic. The cast is mostly unknown to me but they are fantastic. I literally want the next episode to be on right now, lol.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I love it too. It is just so human and so touching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kappy and Mamie! I will add it to my list.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I like Somebody Somewhere .

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anyone has been watching Raised By Wolves? I started watching it in 2020, when hardly anything else was available. I guess they had a long pause because of the pandemic. I sort of forgot about it.. then just saw that season 2 is up. It's an HBO Max original.

It is a very weird sci-fi about two androids that call themselves Mother and Father. They are sent to an unexplored planet after Earth is destroyed in a massive religious war between the atheists and the Mithraics, a religious sect who worship the Sun.

The Android mother incubates, for lack of a better word, six children from embryos. The two Android raise the human children.

It's some kind of mission or experiment from their "Collective"which sends them to the planet.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve been thinking about watching it. It sounds interesting but I can’t tell for sure how good you think it is?