TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 27, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through December 27, 2021 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Kappy! I dang neared choked on my potato chip.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, August 04, 2021 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Yah, it seems like they are all damaged in some way but I keep watching to see what will happen. LOL I didn't notice the full frontal nudity at all. LOL I must be desensitized. LOL

I'm looking forward to checking out Fantasy Island which is also filmed in a tropical setting.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 06, 2021 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've been watching and trying to decide if I like it or not! Intrigued enough to keep watching, if nothing else. (And I don't remember the full frontal either, so I'm not sure what that says about me other than I'm in good company with Mizi! LOL)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, August 08, 2021 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The full frontal was definitely strange and unnecessary. It could have been done without the visual.

We've only seen one episode (Part 1 of 2) and we really like the rest of the show.

With the beautiful setting, it almost feels like we're going on vacation (with some very self-centred people). It is a nice break from what we've gone through in the last year! We are also looking forward to watching Fantasy Island.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, August 09, 2021 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Now we are on Part 5 and it turned out to be really good. Stick with it if you can!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I found all six episodes on the different HBO channels (at different dates and times so they are being recorded out of order - LOL) but at least I will have all six and can binge watch in a couple of weeks

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 05, 2021 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it, Clint Eastwood has another movie coming out that he's STARRING in!
"Cry Macho". It's based on the book. It comes out in theatres and HBO-Max on September 17. Clint gave me a new Clint Eastwood movie for my 25th anniversary....haha

It's awesome seeing him in a cowboy hat again.
https://www.hbomax.com/cry-macho

I know this isn't the movie area, but I posted it here just because this is the HBO thread.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so excited about this!

Oct 1, on HBO-MAX and in theatres, there is going to be a prequel movie to The Sopranos!

"The Many Saints of Newark"

The story mainly revolves around Dickie Moltisanti (Christopher's father) and a young Tony Soprano. Dickie was Tony's mentor as he was growing up. The name Moltisanti actually means "Many Saints". Like the title of the movie.

And the most awesome surprise to me is that the real life son of James Gandolfini, Michael Gandolfini, will be playing the teenage Tony! Michael was born in 1999 during the first year of The Sopranos.

Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHa95iy2lF0

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
HBO MAX is $7.50/month for 6 months ... expires 9-26

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"The Many Saints of Newark" on MAX was so much fun! It's the voice of dead Christopher narrating the movie. The movie contains scenes of the actual stories Tony used to tell about his uncle Dickie (Christopher's father) in The Sopranos TV show.

Remember how on the TV show, Tony told Christopher a retired cop killed his father? Tony even drove him to the cop's retirement party to show him who it was. Then Christopher went to the cop's house and killed him. It's important to watch that episode before you watch the movie.

Season 4, epsidoe 1.
“For All Debts Public and Private”

The movie and all the Sopranos eps are in HBO-Max

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
We went to the show and watched The Many Saints of Newark. It's a fun movie to watch in a theater full of Sopranos fans.

(Naja, the ending kind of took the breath away from everyone in the theater. We never saw "that" coming)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Landscapers on HBO? Is it worth it to keep recording the entire series or should I just deep-six it entirely?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have heard good things about Landscapers, but I haven't seen any of it yet.

I'd say to go ahead and record them There are only 4 episodes in the entire series. IMDB.COM lists it as a "mini-series".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11471892/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks SFJF... I'll give it a shot

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Just started Landscapers. Strange and interesting. Love the camera work.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm watching the Sex and The City reboot "And Just like That", and I didn't know it was going to be upsetting! Besides having to watch knowing Willie Garson has died since filming, at the end of ep 1 they sucker punch you, and then you spend all of ep 2 crying. I'm on ep 3 hoping there is some fun coming up.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Started watching Making Magic Mike the series. I am enjoying it :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, I can't believe you haven't heard about that. I don't watch the show, but it's all they've been talking about on the talk shows and the gossip sites. Even Pelaton came out with a rebuttal. Their stock took a dive, if that makes you feel any better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I went out of my way not to be spoiled! I skipped any cast talk show appearances, I covered my ears and went "lalalala" if the subject came up on tv. All I knew was something "big" happened in ep 1. In my mind it was that it happened to Samantha.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching "And just like that". A lot of people are very disappointed that the show is not fun and quick witted like Sex and the City was. But how could it be? These are women in their 50's. It's just not going to be the same show. That said, I do wish it was a bit better and more entertaining. Older ladies can be funny. But so far it's just a drag and heartbreak. There's no way to be as funny when grief is the main theme. And I'd like them to poke fun at the wokeness, not just wave it like a flag. I had high hopes and overall it's not living up to them. I'll continue to watch because it's not horrible, it just not that good so far.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in the petelon storyline. Also everyone was complaining about it trying too hard to be woke, that was enough to turn me off. I haven’t seen any of it but if it turns up for free somewhere down the line,I’ll give it a shot.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I haven't watched it yet. What is "petelon?"

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Peleton is the exercise bike program thingy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not a tv show, but HBO Max has Matrix Resurrections starting today... and they're making people login again on the tv apps! I can't believe the timing is just a coincidence.

You have to go to an hbomax link, type in the code that shows on the tv, and then re-login at HBO Max via the site or your provider (even when already previously logged in there).

Wonder how many people are going to be disappointed when they try to use the app they set up with someone else's credentials!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 27, 2021 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
FYI... I gave up on Landscapers during the first episode. It was a struggle to get into it.