TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through August 03, 2021 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It was driving me crazy where I knew Julianne Nicholson from until I Googled and discovered she was on L&O: Criminal Intent. The reason I didn't recognize her was she had very short hair when she was on the show (and they covered up her freckles).

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She's been on so many of my favorite shows. The two that stick out most are the doctor with cancer on Master of Sex, the US Attorney on Boardwalk Empire. She reminds me of Shirley McClaine.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
See, I've never watched any of those shows. It drove me crazy for two months trying to figure out where I knew her from.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
She is awesome. The scene in the kitchen when she collapsed. Wow!

Also meant to add before that Jean Smart and Kate Winslet together are perfection. When she found out about the affair and Kate laughing in the car. So funny.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 03, 2021 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Julianne Nicholson was also on a show DH and I watched way back in 2000 called The Others. It also starred Gabriel Macht (Suits) and John Billingsley (who always plays the odd/quirky characters in every TV show--he's awesome!).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Julianne Nicholson was also on Ally McBeal. I had to look on IMDB because it was really bugging me as I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her before.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 11, 2021 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched In the Heights yesterday and it is just perfection! Everything about it from the actors to the music to the subtle nuances. Just a great time.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 13, 2021 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched In the Heights last night on HBO Max. So good!!! Reminded me of a cross between Hamilton and West Side Story. So many talented singers and dancers! It was a joyous ride!!!

The music was all written by Lin-Manuel Miranda (he also played a small recurring charcter), and the director was Jon Chu (Crazy Rich Asians). I expect Oscar nominations!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 13, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote In the Heights before Hamiliton - won four Tony's. It was supposed to be made into a movie but fell through in because the studio wanted big name actors in it. Miranda said it was going to go on screen (by another studio) but then went on vacation, read the book about Hamilton, and we know the rest... :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 13, 2021 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wanted to love In the Heights but my husband and I just were meh about it. I didnt think any of the songs were as catchy as in Hamilton. I love the lead guy but the girl just didnt have screen presence, imo. Also everytime they broke into song it seemed in auto tune and took me out of the story. I think I would have enjoyed just watching this as a live play

I am looking forward to the new West Side Story this year

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 20, 2021 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
In Canada we have HBO/Crave and I just finished watching the series "Mare of Easttown" with Kate Winslet. I binged it in one day! The writing is good. Kate plays a detective in a small town, her home life a bit upsidedown and she is working on solving a missing person from a year ago. There are many sub-stories. Highly recommend.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Misinvanccouver, we enjoyed that one, too!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Mare In Easttown too -- in two days. Enjoyed it. Because there are so many sub-stories there are also many characters. Still confused as to who all are and their relationship / how they're connected.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOLZ Color... everyone was either an ex, an in-law, an ex in-law, or a cousin.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
If you like witty rom-coms, I recommend Starstruck on HBO Max. I found it fun. Here is the synopsis from Metacritic -

The one-night stand London twenty-something Jessie (Rose Matafeo) has with the famous movie star Tom Kapoor (Nikesh Patel) becomes something more in this British comedy created by Matafeo.

[Premiered originally in the UK on BBC Three on 25 Apr 2021 and on BBC One on 26 Apr 2021. In the US on HBO Max on 10 Jun 2021]

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/starstruck-2021

Casual sex, profanity, etc - I guess I just want to warn that it isn’t wholesome. Nervous titter. Now I am laughing at myself. Nothing graphic either.

My neurosis are showing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
For those who followed I'll Be Gone in the Dark (about the Golden State Killer), there was a new episode last night on HBO. It was just kind of an update. Talked about how Michele McNamara became interested in solving crimes and followed up with the sentencing of Joseph James DeAngelo. When he was shown in court, they would wheel him in in a wheelchair and he spoke in this feeble, old man voice. But they had a camera in his cell, and they showed footage of him doing very active things, cleaning, exercising, climbing onto the top bunk, etc. They showed his sentencing on live TV here in the Sacramento area, where he started and where he was arrested (in Citrus Heights, a Sac suburb). I grew up in this area and remember when he was attacking women in the late 70s (I was in my late teens and early 20s). So glad they finally caught him!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched most of Starstruck last night and have two episodes left. I loved it! It is a rom com and the lead actors are so good together. The main character of Jessie is the creator as well.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too, Mamie. Kind of Notting Hill-esqe.

Thanks for the reminder on that new episode, Babyjaxmom. I want to watch that.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "White Lotus"? It is based in Hawaii at a resort and the stories of the visitors there. It really intriguing so far, on episode 4.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Miz... that sounds intriguing (and I love all things Hawaii). Is it on regular HBO (which I have) or HBOMax (which I have and I hate it).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched the first few minutes of White Lotus. I got turned off by the full frontal male nudity. I thought it was unnecessary and gross. Nobody wants to see that!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was really weird, no idea why they did it, was completely unnecessary. I haven't seen Sunday's show yet, but there's nothing else like that, at least up until then.

It's an odd show, I'm not quite sure what genre it is, it has some very odd but very endearing characters (like the one Jennifer Coollidge plays), then a lot of incredibly self absorbed people. Actually I suppose the thing that binds all the guests is they are completely self absorbed.

Weird, but very watchable.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I barely made it through the 1st episode.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I don’t remember the full frontal nudity. Lol

I’ve been watching.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
White Orchid - I love the cast and wanted so badly to like the show but after 2 episodes, I gave up.

As for the frontal nudity, I remember thinking "that can't possibly be what it is supposed to be". Turns out they had Steve Zahn use a prosthetic. Like the wife, it's been some time since I've had a proper look.