TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through June 02, 2021 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 28, 2021 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's not on regular HBO yet. It's in HBO-MAX.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, May 28, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
In Canada, you can only get it on Crave.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 28, 2021 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watched it on HBO Max. Omg! Those people can still make me laugh! And cry!😭 I felt like I was at a high school reunion. There are those people in your life who you went through special times with, who you will never forget. Loved it!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Pivot!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
LOL

The routine!!!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mamie, just the word "Pivot!" makes me LOL now! 😂

"Could I BE wearing any more clothes?"

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The routine was priceless

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
loved the reunion!! would love to see a Seinfeld reunion done this way!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
They really put some good thought into the structure of the reunion. It was so heartwarming and so darn funny!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have been to that fountain. It is on the Warner Bros lot and we took a tour there.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh Mare of Easttown. I knew it but it sure was heartbreaking. Emmys should go to Kate, Jean and Julianne.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in the Mare of Easttown finale. It seemed a bit disjointed or uneven. The previous episodes had a fairly tight timeline and the passage of time in the finale was odd and out of place. I did not guess the actual killer right away but I was pretty close in what I thought would happen and not really surprised.
Although it is early in the year, I will be surprised if Kate Winslet does not receive an Emmy nomination.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised you didn't like the finale. I absolutely loved it. It wrapped up all the story lines so there was nothing left unresolved. I think the timeline for the last episode probably took place over a few weeks to maybe a couple of months. I was pleasantly surprised how they took a character (Mare) who was not very likable in the first couple of episodes and made her likable by the finale. I thought the entire series was very well done.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When Mare was taking John Ross' confession, there was one second there when Mare takes a long pause, like she didn't believe what John just said. But then she continued like she was ignoring her instinct. That's when I knew something was up and it wasn't John (plus it was only half over lol). Did anybody else notice that moment?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Naja, I did see that moment. I figured who the killer was last week and maybe even before that. It was still heartbreaking. Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson and Jean Smart all deserve Emmy nods. My only thing I didn't get was Guy Pearce's character. It almost just felt out of place. Maybe he was there to soften Mare, I don't know. I kept thinking he wrote a crime novel so maybe Mare was going to be a source of a new book but I guess not. It seemed like maybe their relationship had more to it but that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Mare would have been a fabulous 3 ep series. I felt things were drawn out and then a let down with the pay outs. The guy that kidnapped the girls, that was a huge let down. I wanted the kidnapper to intertangle with the other characters.

Jean Smart was the bright spot in the series. Kate is a fabulous actress, I just wanted more from the series.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Pamy, especially about the kidnapping storyline, it was there and not there.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I read that Guy Pearce was a last minute substitution for someone who was originally cast in that role but had to back out. I think everyone kept expecting something HUGE from his character with regard to Erin's murder being as it is Guy Pearce, but he was merely a last minute substitute.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I thought he would turn out to be the kidnapper.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Joshua Alston wrote a review of the finale for the AV Club of Mare of Easttown that was pretty spot on regarding many of the missteps in the finale.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Mare of Easttown a lot too, mostly because of Winslet's performance. And yes, I picked up on Mare not really buying the story being told in the interview room, too much vagueness in the story.
And to me, the story is not a crime story, it's a personal growth story about grief.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You are right, Brenda. The grief and healing angle was beautifully done. We had suicide in my family many, many years ago. My older sister took her life and left behind a little boy three weeks shy of his 5th birthday. My parents raised him. He was a gift and a huge compensation for the loss of their child. Kate Winslet deserves an Emmy at least.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I loved the story too. Julianne Nicholson was great too. She was Mare's friend. Such an emotional part to play being an honest and decent person, and yet needing to save her family and protect her son. My heart broke in that last episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've always loved Julianne Nicholson. She's been in so many shows. My hubby started calling her "Howdy Doody" because of her freckles. We've called her that for years, cause we can never remember her name! 😁