TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HBO: Archive through May 28, 2021 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If you have not seen the Tina Turner documentary which premiered tonight, catch it on HBO max, absolutely fantastic!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded it. Love Tina 💕

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Coming up on HBO starting 03/30, The Last Cruise. about the first outbreak of COVID outside China, on the Diamond Princess cruise liner.

I was in a Zoom on Thursday and a woman who was on that ship spoke about the experience...

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I saw the Tina documentary listed while guide surfing and I selected to record it too!! The adult sons and DH have been watching March Madness basketball all day and into the night....ugh!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Taping Tina too. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I got to see her in concert and it was wonderful.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I loved the Tina doc! I never realized what an amazing woman she really is! After Ike, she started all over again building herself up from very little to a spectacular career. Her second husband seems perfect for her. He has been with her thru a stroke cancer and gave her a kidney! There is nobody like her when it comes to singing and performances.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I loved it too. I watched it Sunday night and I still keep thinking about her. She and her husband are very sweet together.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Finally watched the Tina Turner documentary, what an amazing entertainer! So happy she found love. Really moved me.
As painful/difficult life can be spirit can be resilient. As she said at the end, if she hadn't met Ike, what would her path have been? Not excusing what he did to her.
So happy she found her love and nice life.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Friends Reunion Special is going to be on HBO-Max May 27.

I was disappointing to learn they aren't doing episodes or a movie. The actors will just be themselves.

David Schwimmer said in this interview "I'll be myself. I'll be David. We're not in character ... we're all ourselves, the real people. But there is one section, I don't want to give away... where we all read something."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lX2OrEX9wU

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I started watching Hack, Jean Smart's new show..so far it is just ok but I love her so I shall keep watching

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslet?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love Mare of Easttown! What characters and what twists and turns in the plot!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mare of Easttown is right now one of my favorite shows. This last episode was so upsetting

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Naja.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadly, I'm two weeks behind on Mare of Easttown. I am going to try to catch up tonight. A friend and I were talking about it and we both agreed that most of the characters aren't very likable. And what was she thinking planting the heroin in the same packets as what was logged into the evidence room?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're watching and loving Mare of Easttown. The last episode was shocking, for sure. There are only two more episodes left in the season.

Is anybody else watching The Nevers? I was so confused by the last episode (think it was a mid-season finale, as there are supposed to be more episodes coming later). I kept wondering if I'd recorded the wrong show! All the characters were different and I couldn't make sense of it, until towards the end. It really took a bizarre twist. Not sure I'm liking it at all. If you watch on Hulu, they show you extra info at the end that shows how they film certain scenes and the meaning behind things. That's really fun. I love those extras!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
hahaha! It sure did seem like a different show! I enjoy The Nevers, but DH doesn't. The last ep started to make sense (a little) to me when Galanthi's whispey arms took the soul (or whatever it was) out of the blond tough soldier from the future, and put it into Amalia, just as Amalia jumped. The way I took everything is Galanthi keeps sending people back into certain points of time to try to save the planet.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"when Galanthi's whispey arms took the soul (or whatever it was) out of the blond tough soldier from the future"

Did you recognize that tough soldier from the future? That was Claudia Black, who played Aeryn Sun, a main character from the series, "Farscape", one of my favorite sci-fi shows of all time. On The Nevers, she referred to herself as "Stripe" at some point. That stood out to me because of that girl's song that could only be heard by the Touched had to be translated. As it was being translated line by line, they mentioned something vague about "Stripe" but they didn't understand it was actually her rank in the army she was fighting for. (I think she referred to herself as "just a stripe" at one point)

I hope Claudia Black will be featured in future episodes...I miss her! (Her Farscape character was similar to her role in The Nevers....she was a total baddass, but much younger and much less hopeless and defeated than she appeared on the season finale.)

When I saw "Stripe" doing that nervous finger-counting thing, I realized it was Amalia True, but I thought it was just a flashforward to the present. I never would've guessed it was actually a flashBACK to the Future! (reference to the Michael J Fox movie intended) :-)

Btw, online somewhere I saw an explanation of the title of the show. "The Nevers" doesn't apply to the "Touched" people. It represents society's attitude towards the "Touched"....as in the indignant phrase, "Well, I never..." when a condescending person is judging the behavior of someone they feel is doing something unacceptable.

I love this series....too bad it was only 6 eps and eps 7-12 "will arrive at a later date that has yet to be announced". LINK

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think this is the first time I have ever seen Claudia Black. But I definitely was impressed.

And surely they will be going back to the future and we'll get to see her again. At least I hope so.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think this is the first time I have ever seen Claudia Black. But I definitely was impressed. "

If you've never seen Claudia Black before, you should really check out Farscape and the movie "Pitch Black", a sci-fi movie also starring Vin Diesel. She was also a main character in a series called "Containment" a few years back...one I didn't watch, but it was about a town that was quarantined.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched the last two episodes of Mare of Easttown. The last five minutes of the last episode left me "shook"

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Friends Reunion was so much fun. I was laughing hysterically.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, May 28, 2021 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The Friends Reunion was so well done. It was fantastic!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 28, 2021 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Was that on last night??? I'll have to go set it up to record. HBO repeats things forever!