TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 15, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Resident Alien: Archive through February 15, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This one was good, but not great. There were some really funny parts and some parts I didn't enjoy.

Glad they at least let us know what happened to the guy who fell off the mountain, altho it was creepy.

I was thinking he must have fallen on a protective shield for the alien's ship, but wasn't sure what we were supposed to make of it. And the people didn't approach and bounce off anything so we don't know if there is a big spaceship there.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Dipo...they showed us the space ship at the end when they panned the camera up and over. You could see it in the snow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, darn I missed that. Oh well, I usually watch it a couple more times during the week.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really like the sheriff on this show. Does anyone else recognize him? He played Brenda's right hand man on "The Closer". His attitude and new accent and extra pounds (not a lot, but he's not as skinny as he was...) all add up to making him practically invisible as Brenda's assistant.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I thought I recognized his voice, but wasn't sure, that accent and his demeanor did throw me off. I love his character as well, he cracks me up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I was thinking of you when I posted that. I know you've been watching the entire series, The Closer.

Yeah his character is a 180 from his time on The Closer. The guy has range.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, February 06, 2021 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
We've only seen the first episode so far. We like it! He sort of reminds me of Dexter (the killer we come to like in some strange way.)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 06, 2021 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I instantly recognized Corey Reynolds, the actor playing the sheriff, and was so happy to see him in something new!

While I could figure out that the guy who fell off of the mountain had landed on something above the space ship, he was awfully decomposed for having been there less then six months or so. Or had the birds on each side of him started to eat him before they froze to death as well? Which leads me to wonder why they didn't just fly away. Okay - STOP THINKING and suspend all belief in reality while watching Resident Alien. Not too hard after four years of "truth isn't truth" and 'Don't believe what you see in front of you'.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 06, 2021 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they were meant to be pinned by some sort of force field coming from the ship, so they couldn't move themselves off (otherwise the guy who fell would have had a big splat as he landed, or if he landed softly, would have been able to crawl off the edge of the force field and get away). So he wouldn't have been able to do anything but hang there and become an icicle.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, February 07, 2021 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
STOP THINKING and suspend all belief in reality while watching...Not too hard after four years of "truth isn't truth" and 'Don't believe what you see in front of you'.

LOLOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 07, 2021 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hmmm.....I don't think we can make assumptions about alien technology (not to mention alien fictional technology! :-)).

Maybe remaining in direct contact with the force field for a couple of days or months is lethal. In a lot of sci-fi shows a force field is like an electrical shock. Sometimes it's simply a hard, invisible barrier (like a bubble over a town as in "The Dome".)

Maybe on Resident Alien it's somewhere in between....maybe it feels like a hard invisible surface, but it's also draining away all the electrical energy from any living thing that's touching it. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, clever way to deal with the DNA "foot" problem. Glad the little boy has a friend now.

Next ... what will he do with the body and when will the sheriff stop looking for it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, I forgot about a freezer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH NO.... are there more aliens! Or just crooks, LOL.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I think those two at the end were fellow aliens of the Resident sent to fi d him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep me too.

And they didn't address the man suspended over the spaceship!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Kitt... I can't wait to find out more about the man suspended over the spaceship.

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Weren't the two people who found the suspended man the same two "suspected aliens" at the end? They probably got rid of the body, since it looks like they're trying to clean out evidence of the aliens' presence.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, maybe! I didn't give them enough of a look to know.

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize it at first either, until I saw the recap again.
cap1
cap2

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, thank you, I was wondering what happened to the suspended man, LOL.

Good thing we have people here who catch everything, LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you! I totally missed that!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yep...those two could have taken the body and made sure no one would ever find it.

They may have also found (and taken) the spaceship that was directly underneath the "floating" man...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Great catch!!!!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that info! I thought it was the Sheriff and his Deputy who found the space ship!