TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Resident Alien: Archive through February 04, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So far I am cracking up at this show. It is funny and yet creepy and SyFy-y.

Just started tonight and I saw it is showing on SYFY and USA>

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 28, 2021 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
My daughter (14 y/o) and I liked it! A little weird, cheesy alien costume when they show it and the plot dark but lighter moments overall.
With the whiskey shots,"Tastes terrible but I want more!"
When he made faces and gave the finger to the kid. LOL
Love that it is filmed in my province of BC!
Nice to have something different to watch. We will definitely be tuning in next week!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, January 28, 2021 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Loved it!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 28, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was laying in bed last night and it hit me, it sort of reminds me of the quirkyness of Twin Peaks, LOL.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Read where it was described as a blend of Northern Exposure (one of my all-time favourite shows) meets the X-Files (not remotely my cup of tea).

Anyhow, hubby and I just watched the 1st ep On Demand, and quite enjoyed it. Honestly while it's too grisly for me, there is enough Northern Exposure flavour to it, to intrigue me. So I will stick with it for now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 30, 2021 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The pilot is repeating tonight, for anyone that missed it.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, January 30, 2021 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Dipo...yes...it does have a Twin Peaks feel to it! Mameblanche....it is a little too grisly for us too but we are going to see how the next episode goes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 31, 2021 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
A review of the show got me to watch it, in the review they described it as house f house was an an alien that learned English by watching law and order. Pretty much summed it up for me and I am in.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, February 01, 2021 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The Law & Order references were my favorite parts. I am looking forward to the next episode.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 01, 2021 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure... I watched it, but there's a part of me that doesn't like shows that threaten kids... even if it's a tv show. Quirk of mine, I suppose.

It's probably the kind of show that I need to just take as odd entertainment...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, February 01, 2021 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
just my guess, but I expect the child will win every time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 02, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is the show we all need in our lives.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 02, 2021 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched about 5 minutes of it yesterday. I didn't like that he killed the doctor and took over his life. Didn't find that amusing. Just me, I guess.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 02, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, BabyJax, I'm still not sure about it either.

I may watch for awhile, but if innocents keep getting killed, I may not find that very entertaining.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 02, 2021 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Kar and BJM!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 02, 2021 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, you guys.... isn't that what outerspace aliens always do? They take over someone's life.

I think now that he has a body, the show will probably focus on how he fits in, all the times the kid thwarts him and trying to find his ship and the body.

And along the way he will start to like humans.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the show (yet) but I'm inferring from your comments that he actively killed someone (which is mean) and took their body. It would have been more palatable if they had him take over the body of someone who had already passed for other reasons. But maybe they wanted the creep factor.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they're kind of pushing the envelope on the antihero trope. They're going to make us really like him, and at the same time have him do things like menace the little boy, and see how much they can push it.

As long as they keep the style of the show that sort of whimsical, weird way it is now I'll be okay with it. If they turn it into some sort of serious drama then the menacing seems more real and harder to take.

To be honest, I thought the show was fun and a breath of fresh air. Like nothing we've seen for a while.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong but I doubt anything happens to the little boy. His parents will just think he's imagining seeing aliens (and maybe send him to a child psychologist) but that's it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just think it is fun, and was happy to see him beat the shit out of the abusive boyfriend.

Looking forward to tonight's show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I could be wrong but I doubt anything happens to the little boy."

Little boy is totally safe. He's playing the "Gladys Kravitz" role here.:-)

This is another formula show...it's a fish out of water, trying to fit in, one person knowing his secret but no one believing it. Also, he's a bad guy that just got human emotions and is starting to do nice things because empathy and caring are starting to seep into him. There will be a love interest and seeing him experience "the first times" in a lot of areas - from chocolate to pets, and everything from the kitchen to the bedroom, plus everything else in the world. Lots of humor to mine there!

Been there, done that, but I can forgive that if it makes me laugh, which it does.

It's kind of obvious where they are going with it, but who knows...they might take a sudden left turn somewhere and surprise us all! And even if they don't surprise us, it'll still be fun watching this one. :-)

Didn't this getting-emotions thing happen to Star Trek's Data and The Doctor and Seven of Nine (Voyager), the "Lost in Space" Robot, the whole family on "3rd Rock From the Sun", Lucifer on "Lucifer" and to various other aliens in several movies where they were trying to fit in after living as a human for a bit?

The right mix of formula, writing, and good acting can be pretty good even if it does feel familiar. I think this show has all that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The leading cause of death ... Almond Milk, hahahahahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, already laughing about the doctor visits.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Great analysis of the show SanFran...hope it stays goofy and doesn't get 'dark'.

I cracked up when he was giving the pelvic exam and said,"Oh, I see the problem, you seem to have sat on an earring!" I then had to explain to my 14 y/o daughter that some people, men and women get their genitalia pierced. LOL

Then the,"I'm taking a 'selfy', first day!" LOL

But at end, the guy who fell and was suspended in air, what a long death that must have been!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
DH and I are still on the fence about the show. What was fun for me was seeing a couple of Indigenous actors I've met over the years at various media events.