TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 29, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 29, 2018 users admin

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I wasn't able to see what Jack's note to Kevin said. What did it say? Someone on the show mentioned that Jack was found with a note in his hand...

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The note said "Kevin, if I don't see you before work tomorrow, I love you. You owe us an apology. Dad."

But at the end of the show, the note was shown burning up while it was taped to the door.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really dont think Jack dies in the fire. they like to trick us.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At the end they said "Next week, all your questions will be answered". Or something like that. I have no idea if they have ever said that before.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe Rebecca told Kate to unplug the crockpot and she didnt and thats why she feels guilty. I think the dog dies in the fire

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And in season 1 they showed Kate, holding the live dog, crying, with Randall being comforted by his girlfriend. At that time we had never seen the dog and didn't know Randall had a girlfriend.

Kate said Kevin had to hear it from her and he was at Sophie's.

Now maybe they all got out of the burning house alive and Jack died of something else, but we have to wait ..

They fooled me.. Info below was for a short preview for the episode after the Superbowl.. Not the actual episode.

DVR TIVO, ETC ALERT: CHECK THE SCHEDULE!!! I had already set mine to record after the Superbowl and also to record the next show, but now my DVR SHOWS IT AIRING AT 1:38 AM on Sunday

I hate that the Superbowl is affecting this show I actually watch!

Arrgh!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I, too, have been wondering if maybe Jack doesn't die in the fire at all....after all, we're watching "This is Us" which is the Master of Misdirection, and Jack dying in the fire just seems overly obvious in a show that likes to take a sudden left turn when everyone is looking to the right.

Remember that scene we saw awhile back of Rebecca learning that Jack had died and then driving to the charred remains of her home and breaking down after she saw it? That scene would still work perfectly if she had learned her husband had just died AND that her house burned down. We're all just assuming the house fire and Jack's death are connected.

We could all get whiplash from a sudden sharp left turn! :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't think so as it seemed that Rebecca was at home, presumably sleeping. Although I suppose Jack may die in hospital from smoke inhalation or burns.

Or maybe he dies from choking on a Tic Tic or a dog bite as the show does like to tease. I seem to be backtracking....

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I fell for the 'left turn' when Kate 'left' the dog at the pound, but didn't.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode today (am I a little behind? ). I can see why you all like it so much. It’s incredibly good.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you need to watch all the episodes before the superbowl, so you can experience that ep with all of us!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL .... I better get started!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That's what you get for dragging your feet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer! The first episode of season 1?

You have some great watching ahead!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
SanFran.. Guess we should buckle the virtual seatbelts on our couch or recliner and get those foam neck braces for possible whiplash.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
:-)

I added 90 minutes to the end of my setting to record it on Sunday. It's scheduled to air at 7:15 pm here.

Here ya go, Seamonkey:

neckbrace link

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I set my DVR to record the two programs after the Superbowl.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
Naja, Thanks for the response. I'm a little tardy at posting today. If the note to Kevin burned up then I wonder what note he had in his hand when he was found. Or am I the only one who thinks he had a note?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The note from Jack to Kevin burned up along with the wall it was taped on, the marks showing the heights over the years, family pictures and the deranged crockpot.

Who had a note when they were found? I am missing something, but that isn't unusual.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh Jack with a note? Could be, but not the note on the wall in the kitchen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the previews, since I won't remember most of them by the next week and sometimes they tend to be spoilerish. I don't like to know what's going to happen. Don't even like to read show synopses, since they often give too much away.

Sea, I had something that recorded at 1:38 am a couple of days ago. It was a 5 minute preview of the next episode. There wasn't much to it.

I just added another hour to my recording following the Superbowl. Another week to wait!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That may not be enough, BJM, especially if the game goes into overtime. I would tape the four shows that are on after This Is Us - I know that sounds excessive but it’s essier to delete the shows later rather suffer the agony of having This Is Us stopping recording before the episode concludes! 😰

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I really wish this episode wasn't airing after the Super Bowl. I will be out at a SB party. I'm in Boston so it's very likely the local NBC affiliate will not go to network programming on time, especially if our Pats win. I'll probably just have to record NBC all night and find This is Us on the DVR sometime Monday. Glad I took Super Monday off from work to minimize the chance of being spoiled before watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK.. I am recording from 7:15pm - 12:35..

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, January 29, 2018 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I hope they have it online the next day - that's usually my best bet to see the complete episode, my dvr seems to cut off too soon if there's another show recording in the hour after it.