TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Wisdom of the Crowd: Archive through November 28, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Really intriguing show. I often wonder why this doesn't happen in the real world, but the concerns I have for that happened....vigilantism, and innocent's getting hurt.

Will be interesting to see how they deal with it in the future episodes.

Loved that is it filmed/set in Oakland. Could anyone figure out where they were? I was thinking over by Jack London Square but couldn't place it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It is set in Oakland but filmed in Los Angeles.

I enjoyed it. Fascinating look at how the internet works and everyone surrounding the guys with their camera phones was kind of funny, but the truth.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
But Mamie, I was thinking there were outside shots of Oakland, and that did look like some of the industrial area over by Jack London Square. I figured the interior stuff was in LA.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dipo, like most shows that are supposed to take place in a specific area, they may have come into town and shot some location scenes, but then actually film in LA. They did that with "The Mentalist," which was supposed to take place in Sacramento, but was actually shot in LA. They came in and took a few "establishing" shots, then went back to LA.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was really clear with The Mentalist, I used to crack up when they said they were in SF, and yet made it to Sacramento in 5 minutes.

Or, they would say they were in one place and show some scenery that was clearly not the place they mentioned. I laughed a lot.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I also found the first episode interesting enough, it vaguely reminds me the 'hackers' movie, and also that good show csi cyber hack, can't remember the title, it was cancelled and yet I liked it, when the internet community gets together for a common purpose could be very successful, it may not pass the legal scrutiny but it's enough to catch the guilty one, then they can let the courts decide.

I just hope it doesn't become too repetitive.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, I'm right there with you on The Mentalist, Dipo. I grew up in the North Area of Sacramento and now live in one of the outlying areas. It always cracked us up how quickly they got places, but then I guess all TV shows do that. It would be a pretty boring show if all they did was sit in traffic all day.

I thought the first episode of this show was intriguing. And Dipo, the location shots look like they were filmed somewhere around the Port of Oakland area, south of the Bay Bridge. Always fun to see an area you're familiar with.

This show reminded me a lot of The Circle (did anyone besides me see that movie? I read the book, too, and enjoyed it!).

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm really liking this show. There are so many questions that come up with the idea of an app like this and they do address a few at a time. I was worried it was going to be one long story dragged out about the daughter so I like the way there is a new case each week. I actually sit down and watch this show as opposed to doing three other things at the same time. Well done!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy it. I loved how they worked out where the boy was. I think my favorite scene though was when Jeremy Piven walked into the room with the other kids' parents and told them all about the colleges their kids were applying to.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
This show is fascinating to me. I keep wondering how this would work in real life and what negative outcomes need to be considered. This week was the serial killer one. But after the show went off I wondered, if this was real life, how much real evidence do the police really have to take this man to trial? Unless the killer decides to talk, I believe they would have very little evidence unless he kept "trophies" or after the fact, they are able to match up some DNA from the crime scenes.
The show only provided circumstantial evidence...construction at all the sites and same company providing the out houses, and one man who was working for that company the whole time. That is not much to take to trial.

But I like this show and the ideal of something like this truly helping catch criminals.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree Boberg that one of the fascinations of this show is how it might work in real life. I think they do try to address those things but only have time to do a little in each episode.

In the case of the serial killer, besides him asking "what took you so long" (which I took to be the beginning of a confession), I thought they also stated that they had found the stash of shoes he took as 'trophies'.

But yes, so many questions about what could happen in real life which means they have tons story lines to explore!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought they opened a large duffel bag and it contained shoes. What bothers me about this show is what if they post a picture of someone and that person is not guilty, but everyone is looking for him. The previews look like this could happen.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been watching this show and enjoying it .... sort of ....

It's a great idea except (as Lazylyu mentioned) if they target an innocent person and some sort of mob mentality takes over.

Another problem is there are a lot of internet trolls out there who would deliberately post misleading or just plain incorrect stuff. They'd have to find a way to weed that out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There are a lot of plot holes in this show. I just try to suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride. Sometimes it's tough, I know.

I still think they ripped off The Circle.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree about the plot holes, especially surrounding the Mia case, however, I really liked the way they panicked when they realized that this whole uploading of information may be like a Pandora box, it's so easy for things to spin out of control once so many anonymous sources contribute to the cases. The show is very good at keeping the momentum going and the certainty that the wisdom of the crowd in the end prevails.

I also liked the fact that they are referring to some very current issues, like 'fake news' and nationalism gone wild.

I'm enjoying the show, at least for now.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really like it and I think the writers did a wonderful job last night. They had a very fine line to walk and they did it beautifully.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't think the Lawyer is working in the best interest of the firm, I think he has a different agenda.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me, too, Dipo! Last night DH and I were saying, "He's a mole!"

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He does seem rather sketchy and very jealous of Tanner and Sarah. I liked that it was very character driven last night.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the lawyer when he was one of the DA's in Billions and I still don't like him. He must be a good actor then if I don't like two of his characters.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That lawyer is confusing to me also.. seems fishy, keeps bringing up the accusations but we the viewers, at least, never see any tangible proof of these people accusing Sarah, it's his word alone we keep hearing.

That song drove me nuts all night trying to remember the artist, it took me a while but I found it, Doc Robinson "Borderline". Don't know why I like those type of songs. It happened to me before while watching House and that song never left me afterwards, Bon Iver "Flume", I even thought that last night's song was the same author, very similar.

Anyway, I thought the show would become too repetitive but every episode brings up the incredible absurdity of the internet world, it could go on forever, there are so many crazy things out there...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW....

Michael Ausiello‏Verified account
@MichaelAusiello
19m19 minutes ago
More
Breaking: #WisdomoftheCrowd Cancelled at CBS as Jeremy Piven Sexual Assault Scandal Intensifies http://tvline.com/2017/11/27/wisdom-of-the-crowd-cancelled-cbs-jeremy-piven-sexual-assault-allegations/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There sure is a lot of that coming out right now.

I was still watching but I wasn't that fond of the show. While I found the premise interesting, I didn't like any of the main characters or how it was being presented.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh well, you don't like the guy, spread the accusations and he'll die soon enough. I'm sorry for the women, but why didn't they accuse him at the time it happened, just now that he's doing a pretty decent job with this show, at least I like the show, they'll stop him in his tracks.
Sexual assault to me would be rape, if that was his case, well, too bad for him if all the world knows about it. But I heard many women accusing a lot of men for trying to seduce them against their will, but were not raped, yet their personal lives and careers ruined.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear.

The reason they don't come out at the time is because it destroys their careers. That's what this is all about... power.

And if it's not sexual assault to shove someone against a wall and grope them, I don't know what is. Or throwing someone to the ground, exposing your dick and ejaculating on them. That's not rape, per se, but it is most definitely sexual assault!

Tell me, if either of those things happened to you, would you shrug it off?