TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 18, 2017 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, last Friday's Entertainment Weekly magazine shows a clean shaven Jack and the car he later sold. It says why, but I won't say here. If you want, the link is below -

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/13/this-is-us-finale-script-page-jack/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I did read that the last ep is dark...so that worries me

06-29-2002

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Please do not discuss episodes that have not yet aired. Thank you.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think I did. I said Milo said he owned that car.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Glad Jack didn't die tonight.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Love Jack and Rebecca....... this is so painful to watch.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Milo needs an Emmy nomination.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
did you notice the white light when he walked out the door...I think he dies right after he leaves the house. I want them to live happily ever after and we know they dont, that is what makes this so veryyyyy sad.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wonder who Jack's blind date would have been.

Who the heck was Ethan?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Ethan was the mergers-and-acquisitions-obsessed blind date that Rebecca's two girlfriends set her up with (during that meal the three of them had when the one girl kept pushing for Rebecca to "diversify").

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot about the girlfriends. Thank you Uncle_ricky.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that blonde girlfriend looked familar, I wonder what other show I have seen her in

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kind of a letdown of an episode, especialy for a finale.

Pamy, the white light wasn't coming in the door, but only from the window when they panned to the right.. so hard to say what it meant.

I was sure wanting to smack his younger self though.. Sheesh.

And that guy who manages to say something hurtful every time he sees Jack.. TOOL.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I feel like I was supposed to get a nice steak and all the trimmings yet I only got a crumb. From all that I had heard I just knew there would be some resolution.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I feel kind of let down as well although I did not want to see Jack die, especially before they reconcile.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was tense and stressed the whole ep waiting for the inevitable - which was put off as a clffhanger. A real WHAT THE HECK moment. Very annoying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I feel like I was supposed to get a nice steak and all the trimmings yet I only got a crumb. From all that I had heard I just knew there would be some resolution.

Nicely stated, Marameko. I feel the same way. I expected much more. I didn't even cry, although I really hated Rebecca in this episode. I felt like she was written to be a real b****. I know some will disagree with me, but I'm Team Milo all the way. Not that I'm applauding him for drinking and driving, but I don't think Rebecca was very understanding of his feelings. Very disappointing episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I knew it would be something like this....every time they end an episode with a cliffhanger that seems like it can only continue in one direction, it invariably does a U-turn, a quick right, or a hard left in the following episode.

Btw, this was only a "cliffhanger" because we learned quite awhile back that Kate has Jack's ashes. If we didn't know that, this would've just been a typical stopping point between seasons.

Personally, I'm not all that anxious to see how Jack dies. Considering the fact that ALL of Jack's storyline is basically a flashback because he's dead in the present, I'd rather feel hopeful that we can see him happy again than see how he died. I'd hate to think that Jack had to live alone, lost the closeness he once had with the love of his life, and was unable to spend as much time with his kids....for the rest of his life.

I'd rather see their separation as a bump in the road than a cliff...even though we all know there will be a cliff at some point. I'm just hoping for later rather than sooner.

The following is NOT a "This is Us" spoiler....it's only in a spoiler box for anyone who is way behind watching The Walking Dead. :-):

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Imagine if we had seen the Walking Dead "Lucille" scene as a flash-forward at the beginning of season 7. Knowing what was in store for Glenn and Abraham, every time I saw either of them having a single hopeful moment for the next 15 episodes would've made me feel awful because I knew their soon-to-be fate. Sometimes false hope for a beloved character (or RL person, for that matter) is better than no hope at all. JMO

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I agree. And I also don't think the producers are in any hurry to SHOW us how he dies. I wouldn't be surprised if we go the entire next season still not knowing.

Kate saying she was responsible for her father's death could be interpreted as her being the person who suggested he go to the nightclub, which then served as the trigger event that ignited the deterioration of his marriage to Rebecca. And if booze is what ultimately kills him, it could be months (or years) before Jack ultimately succumbs to his alcoholism.

Thank you for the spoiler box! I only just caught up (a few weeks ago) with all the Walking Dead episodes I was behind on!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I had no issues with the episode. My guess is that they will eventually show us more of why Rebecca acted the way she did towards his issues with drinking. As with everything on the show, I suspect there's more that what we've seen so far. I mean, she threw his dad's issues at him, yet it seemed like there was no relationship there. So, what has he told her about his dad? I think something happened after the kids were born with his dad and her.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a "meh" season finale. I wasn't expecting to see Jacks death and I knew the blind dates were with other people. Frankly, I think Jack can be a real jerk sometimes. He resents her working late 3 nights a week singing with the band. He works late often and seems to begrudge her finding some joy in singing again. We see some sweet interaction between Jack and the kids and IMO that has blinded people to his faults. We know he dies, are we certain it was when the kids were in high school or was it later? I can't remember if something was mentioned or not. Glad Rebecca told him to go away at least for a bit. Jack is pretty selfish.}

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sugar, yes we saw the funeral and the kids were teenagers, played by the teenaged actors who he dropped off in the episode before the finale. of course those actors could play them for a period of time but he did die when they were teens, per a previously aired episode.

At the funeral Rebecca was wearing the necklace with the half moon that he gave her.. as she was in the finale when she sent him off to stay with Miguel. The camera zoomed in on that necklace in each episode.

Now I wonder if she will take it off while they are separated.. no idea how long that will be or if they get back together before he dies.. We know very little.

I won't spoil beyond the finale for this season but before it aired one of the actors, Milo, did let us know that we wouldn't see him die on the finale.

I don't see that he was against her singing locally .. he might not have liked it much but he seemed to support her until her jerk of a bandmate made sure to let Jack know that he and Rebecca had once been "together". Jack at that point correctly assumed that the guy was still attracted to Rebecca, as we saw on the finale. She pushed him off, but she had to know before that that he was attracted.

Anyway that seemed to be when Jack's attitude went south AND then she slipped in the bit about the 5 stop tour.. and yeah he wasn't thrilled about that!

I did like the previews.. each of the Big Three thinking of Big Changes..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey, now I remember the funeral scene.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If anyone is interested, Spotify has a playlist of 58 songs from This Is US. If you have an Amazon Echo, you have to request the playlist by saying "Playlist This is U S" because Spotify has it titled This Is US as opposed to This Is Us.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Sea. Jack was very supportive of Rebecca's singing (even leaving her a glass of water on her nightstand when she gets home, cause he thinks she doesn't drink enough water). It was only when he found out that she and the guy in the band (I still think of him as "Sam" from True Blood, so can't remember his name on this show) had a history (and that Rebecca had not told Jack about their history) that Jack started being less than thrilled about her going out of town with this guy. I can't blame him. I wouldn't like it either in his place.

I don't see Jack as a "jerk" at all! He works very hard and works long hours to support his family, so that Rebecca can be at home with their three kids. Even though they're teenagers, Kevin and Kate and even Randall are still pretty needy in some ways. They need a parent around to look out for them. They are not yet adults.

It's Rebecca who rubs me the wrong way. She doesn't seem to appreciate her husband and her three amazing kids as much as she should sometimes. I think singing in a band is great, but her kids need her at home. She doesn't need to be away from them for weeks at a time.