TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Saturday Night Live (SNL): Archive through October 24, 2015 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Here's some info on the Eddie Murphy grudge -

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/eddie-murphy-admits-snl-grudge-32204/

On the David Spade thing, the main problem was that Lorne Michaels approved the script.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That makes him sound like a big baby.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it's called a big Ego.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw on the news that Cecily Strong will be the comedian this year at the White House Correspondants' dinner. I bet she does a good job. It's on next Saturday night on CSPAN 1.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, she has a lot of rules for herself - no mocking of children sounds good, but nothing hurtful - how hurtful I wonder? aren't politicians aware they are the bottom of the moral ladder? and self awareness can make accepting humor easier.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Ahh it was nice to see Tracy Morgan on tonight's show

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It sure started out great and then fizzled out like most of the shows do anymore. Seeing Tracy was wonderful. Having the 30 Rock cast there was great and very funny. The opening bit about the debate was hilarious, especially Larry David as Bernie. Tina Fey's bit about Playboy on the news had me cracking up but that was about it for the laughs.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I never get to the end, fall asleep in tha middle is my thing. I have not watched snl in so long but was great to see Tracy looking good and back at it. he went thru so much.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, I never make it to the end either but I kept watching and hoping something really funny would happen. I do have to say Demi Lovato sounded great. That surprised me.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I did stay up long enough to hear her....and yes'...she was good...
I remember when I could stay up late....not so much anymore....not even for BB....Oh old age...you suck...

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG you guys, I thought the gangster ballerina and Astronaut Jones bits were hilarious! Those were both closer to the end.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I saw the Larry David sketch of Bernie Sanders.... nailed it, IMO.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Larry David and Bernie Sanders are forever entwined in my mind.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
It was spot on! Are we sure they're not the same person? Lol

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
Larry David was great!
Never really cared for Tracy Morgan, but glad he is recovering-fun to see his cohorts from 30 Rock.
Demi Lovato just screeched her songs and tried too hard to be sexy, but I'm reaching the curmudgeon stage of my life and not very tolerant of this new generation of music...

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I totally agree Jennywa. Demi was simply screaming, I had to flip the channel while she was performing. But I enjoyed the rest of the show, particularly Larry David's "Bernie"

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not a Tracy Morgan fan either, never was, but what happened to him was horrible. I am glad that he has recovered to the extent that he has.

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
So Trump is on this week as host,what do u all think of that. Hoping he is funny and doesn't run off on his own.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I won't watch....I cant stand him....not even a little...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ditto Chew... ditto

However, I'm hoping that this is the beginning of the end for him...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of surprised that they would have him on the show as I doubt that he is very attractive to their regular viewing demographic.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I agree.

Chew, I agree...I know I will watch, though. : >( (dh won't ...for sure).

Kooklie, hope so!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know Al Gore and Al Sharpton have both hosted. There were more but they aren't coming to mind right now. SNL has always been big on political parody, and since he has hosted before, it seems par for the course that they would have Donald Trump host again during his campaign.

No one is a bigger butt of jokes or bigger ratings grabber than Trump at this point in time.

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I agree with all of u about Trump...but I will watch, I just can't help it,lol. I do not like him and his mouth, but still can't boycott snl tonight, I have to see him.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
In northern California, it's still showing SNL as being a repeat tonight with Miley Cyrus as the host. We shall see.